The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Furnishing... WE BADLY NEED.......

Princess_Kassiopeia
Princess_Kassiopeia
✭✭✭✭
Dear Tamriel Creators....
I would very much like to see little square floating paper lanterns (about 12 inches) for the water and ponds in housing with candles inside them though you cant see the candles but they pulse the light .... but also I would like to see a paper lantern the same but that very slowly rises into the air and then disappears.... very similar to Chinese lanterns.
Imagine a dozen of these rising from the garden lake as you entered to randomly float off and upwards.

They would be a simple creation but one that would utterly enhance midnight gardens and shrines etc.
"All young girls think they are Princesses. Life teaches that we have to also be warriors."
Menelaus, king of Sparta and his wife, Helen of Troy.
  • Faiza
    Faiza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There aren't paper lanterns, but the achievement vendor in Hew's Bane sells wedding lanterns that are very soft and I think look great for outside lighting.

There are also different varieties of flowers that glow which I think look great on water. There's a clustery gold one that comes to mind, but I need to log in to recall the name. Something Hawkmoth? They are available on guild traders.
  • Princess_Kassiopeia
    Princess_Kassiopeia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faiza wrote: »
    There aren't paper lanterns, but the achievement vendor in Hew's Bane sells wedding lanterns that are very soft and I think look great for outside lighting.

There are also different varieties of flowers that glow which I think look great on water. There's a clustery gold one that comes to mind, but I need to log in to recall the name. Something Hawkmoth? They are available on guild traders.

OH, thankyou for this. I do hunt the traders.... but haven't come across these yet...
    Thankyou for your time. :-) I will investigate.

"All young girls think they are Princesses. Life teaches that we have to also be warriors."
  • Faiza
    Faiza
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OH, thankyou for this. I do hunt the traders.... but haven't come across these yet...
    Thankyou for your time. :-) I will investigate.

No problem! I saw the photos of your house in general and I think it looks amazing! The lanterns you chose were an awesome choice!

The flowers I was trying to think of are these:

Flower Patch, Hawkmoth Cabbage

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/flower-patch-hawkmoth-cabbage/
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think the achievement vendor has the hanging wedding lanterns, but Zanil Theron the Luxury Furnisher in Coldharbour has the ones you can just place on the water.

If you haven’t visited him yet, he is near the inn in Hollow City on the weekends and has a different selection of wares each time.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is the amazing @researchmonkey 's PC/NA serenity falls and I think it meets what you are talking about:

vtfaf2mcsaaf.png
    q1vooeag90iz.png

Edited by StabbityDoom on December 28, 2020 4:39PM
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • Gorak
    Gorak
    ✭✭✭
    We also need... a shovel! Please ZOS, give us a shovel to go with all the other tools we have.
    I want a raven avatar, please.
    PC NA; DC ftw
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gorak wrote: »
    We also need... a shovel! Please ZOS, give us a shovel to go with all the other tools we have.

Agreed! we need one. but for the time being, here's my humble attempt at one.

j9ygye7inclm.png

This is also a quick and dirty two-butcher cleaver & pole one. Use a thinner pole, mine was just something close i grabbed for the demo.

84dshuhgpd5v.png
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • missbanjo
    missbanjo
    ✭✭
    The best I came up with. 2 Cleaver, Butcher's & 1 Argonian Post, Rough.

hwtaj992dihb.png
    pii5nuz4z4uz.png
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This discussion should be named "Furnishings...I badly want".

I could think of dozens of items we would "need" more than some paper lanterns. Like stairs, a simple shovel, or tons of other basic items.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Princess_Kassiopeia
    Princess_Kassiopeia
    ✭✭✭✭

I think the achievement vendor has the hanging wedding lanterns, but Zanil Theron the Luxury Furnisher in Coldharbour has the ones you can just place on the water.

If you haven’t visited him yet, he is near the inn in Hollow City on the weekends and has a different selection of wares each time.

Thankyou for this. The lanterns are quite beautiful. If they are still available I will buy some.
    Also the Hawkmoth Cabbage or something glowy flowers. :p Theyre lovely but.... the Lotus has something timeless about it.

And we DO NEED floating lanterns. If they're part of someones idealistic design quota then they're needed.

I DID see some lotus with leaves for a pond AND swimming fishes in the same pond which were beautiful... if you go to SUMMERSET and the ILLUMINATION ACADEMY look ion their grounds. The designers really went to town with the ponds. :p
    Edited by Princess_Kassiopeia on December 31, 2020 7:38PM
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These were from the luxury vendor (they might still be sold in guild traders though) and they are water floating paper lanterns but they are not square: https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/wedding-lantern/
  • Princess_Kassiopeia
    Princess_Kassiopeia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it meets what you are talking about:

vtfaf2mcsaaf.png
    q1vooeag90iz.png

Yes, these are wonderful. Do they rise on their own as you enter the scene or do you place them where you need them.

My ideal would be that theys lwoly rose to a height and then dissappeared and appeared to start rising again.
    A dozen of these would give a wonderful visual experience.

• StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think it meets what you are talking about:

vtfaf2mcsaaf.png
    q1vooeag90iz.png

Yes, these are wonderful. Do they rise on their own as you enter the scene or do you place them where you need them.

My ideal would be that theys lwoly rose to a height and then dissappeared and appeared to start rising again.
    A dozen of these would give a wonderful visual experience.

Nothing in ESO currently does something like that, but if you animate it with essential housing tools addon on PC you might be able to do it when you are present in the home (visitors without you there will not trigger that kind of animation)
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot