The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Maybe THIS will get a Mods attention?!?!

W0lf_z13
W0lf_z13
✭✭✭✭✭
There has been blatant outpost flipping ALL day in blackreach between bleaks and now nickle ..... I have messaged TWO mods on here, reported 3 players and sent in vids and ss of them admitting to it as well as tbagging... yet nothing has been done about it.... I've watched off and on at least 1 of the players jump up 2 places on the leaderboards with getting enough ap JUST from the outpost flipping
Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are speaking of the forum moderators I think they only have to do with the forum and do not moderate the game. An admin, like BillE, would probably be more likely but even then they would look at the ticket to make sure it is in the correct location and maybe escalate it.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have on call staff to deal with really significant issues like server or network outages, but they won’t have devs or admins working this holiday weekend on non-emergency tickets. I wouldn’t expect this to get any attention until next week.

In the past though they have banned people for this, and since you say you provided evidence, I’m sure they will take action. But not today. Or tomorrow. And maybe not Monday.
    Edited by Reverb on December 26, 2020 11:18PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • hexentb16_ESO
    hexentb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...I don't get why this is an issue or why it would be a bannable offense. Isn't flipping outposts part of the game? Sounds like the devs are the ones you should be pissed at for making it so easy to climb the leaderboards with just solo capping.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...I don't get why this is an issue or why it would be a bannable offense. Isn't flipping outposts part of the game? Sounds like the devs are the ones you should be pissed at for making it so easy to climb the leaderboards with just solo capping.

No, there were mass bans for similar behavior in the past.

You're intended to take keeps by force, not trade AP back and forth through cooperation.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »

No, there were mass bans for similar behavior in the past.

You're intended to take keeps by force, not trade AP back and forth through cooperation.

Then design your systems in a manner that they cannot be games in such a fashion. Historically in this genre, creating systems that rely on good faith and the assumptions that players will avoid taking the path of least resistance for any kind of valuable yeild have always failed miserably.

They can try and police this ofc, but that is only a half measure. You can then ask yourself, how could they implement systems in place where the scenario the OP speaks of cannot occur? Or at least cannot occur without GM intervention? You cant really, and that speaks more to cyrdodils content and incentive design on a fundamental level. You cant implement some kind of diminishing return effect because then you punish the legitment exchanges between 2 groups going back and forth on certain keeps (which happens often).

The level of organization between groups of players to do something like this generally means it is not really a widespread issue and it should be easy to moderate with not too much dev time.

But honestly.... I read the op and my gut reaction without much thought was a resounding "so what? Who cares?". If you want to have a free form large scale point capture system between 3 player group factions, just let it rip and let players /guilds/groups handle this kind of thing amongst themselves organically. So you see this behavior at play? Put a group together and throw a wrench in it. Does no one want to bother grouping to dismantle it? Well then natural selection takes its course in the player mindset form. People like to believe there is this resounding faction pride that occurs in cyrodil, that you can generalize and label the differect factions as being of a very specifc playstyle type, and most of it is actually just nonsense. You already are almost garunteed to have next level cringey "commander types" calling out overly generalized battle field strats in /z, are you telling me those players and the ones who follow them wouldnt heed the call of someone shouting that base trading is in effect somewhere?

The stakes aren't even that high all things considered. Some people want a sandbox, others want monopoly with someone watching over the players, so no one slips a blue 50 under their side of the board.
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obvious and deliberate losing ought to be moderated, as it's detrimental to the community and, ultimately, the commercial product.

The vast majority of players only have a finite window of play time to get into cyro and let loose. If they log in and find an "ally" player running their scroll out of the temple, taking volendrung to enemies solo, or trading resources or keeps back and forth with opponent players, it kind of undermines the game they thought they were buying into.

Now in most cases it is not easy to tell the difference between incompetence and deliberate sabotage. But in the obvious cases, there should be strong moderation.