The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

AOE Stamina Warden PvP

RiskyChalice863
RiskyChalice863
✭✭✭
While it would be pretty cheesy, it seems like you could put together a really good Stamina Warden build that just puts out a huge amount of AOE pressure, for things like BGs.

Attributes: 64 into health, but could be a bit less with points into stamina

Race: Nord

Mundus: The Lady (Resistances)

Gear: 5x Unleashed, 5x Syvarra’s (back barred), 2x Maelstrom Maul (front barred), 1x Malacath, 1x Trainee. Armor well-fitted and tri-stat, protective jewelry, and stamina recovery glyphs, and Sharpened maul with Powered/Well-Fitted sword-and-board back bar with a health enchant.

Food: Bewitched Sugar Skulls (but could be Artaeum)

Potion: Tri-Stat

Skills:

Front Bar: Subterranean Assault, Bull Netch, Bird of Prey, Stampede, Reverse Slice, Dawnbreaker of Smiting
Back Bar: Ice Fortress, Resolving Vigor, Arctic Blast, Growing Swarm, Leeching Vines, Spell Wall

How it works:

Basically, you use Sub Assault, use Growing Swarm and maybe Arctic Blast, then Stampede in. Growing Swarm will provide an AOE DoT itself, and proc an AOE DoT from Syvarra’s. Stampede will do AOE damage, provide a ground AOE DoT, and proc both the Maelstrom DoT and Unleashed Terror DoT on everyone damaged by the initial AOE. Meanwhile, Sub Assault will do AOE damage when it goes off. If you have Arctic Blast up, it’ll do AOE DoT damage. Dawnbreaker is an AOE. And Reverse Slice does AOE damage.

If you have the Maelstrom, Syvarra’s, Unleashed Terror, and Growing Swarm DoTs on someone, and they’re also in your Arctic Blast and Stampede AOEs, then in No-CP this means there will about 10k tooltip damage per second of DoTs on people (give or take a bit depending on if they have the main Growing Swarm DoT on them or the smaller AOE DoT). You can do that to everyone in an area. And of course there will be more AOE damage from the actual direct hits from Sub Assault, Stampede, Reverse Slice, and 2-handed heavy attacks.

Meanwhile, you’d have about 38k health (more like 39k on the back bar) and over 28k resistances on the front bar and 31k resistances on the back bar, with minor protection as well. You’d have an over 10.5k burst heal and almost 1.3k HoT tooltip on Arctic Blast in no-CP, as well as an almost 10k Vigor, almost 1800 healing per second total from Leeching Vines (assuming you’ve got the minor lifesteal up and are doing damage every second to someone with it—which is a good bet with so many AOE DoTs), and some heals when Growing Swarm and Sub Assault end.

In terms of sustain, you’d have over 1750 stamina recovery, with the Bull Netch adding to that, along with an over 20k stamina pool. It could be over 2.3k stam recovery with Artaeum Takeaway Broth, but that’d require losing several thousand in total health, stamina, and/or magicka. You could go bow on the back bar for easier heavy attack sustain, but honestly stamina sustain probably shouldn’t be an issue because once you’ve applied your DoTs, you really could just heavy attack in between Sub Assaults and then Reverse Slice when people are low—which would make sustain easy on the attack—and a lot of your heals/buffs are magicka abilities. In terms of magicka sustain, you’d only really have enough recovery to permanently sustain Leeching Vines and Ice Fortress, but you’d have an over 15k magicka pool so you’d be able to pop Arctic Blasts or Bird of Prey in fights when you need it.

You’d have a lot of mobility, since you’d have really cheap dodge rolling and sprinting, would have easy access to major expedition (Bird of Prey), as well as obviously a gap-closer.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a ton of these on EU server from what I hear
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • RiskyChalice863
    RiskyChalice863
    ✭✭✭

Interesting. It seems really powerful so that doesn’t surprise me. I don’t think I’ve really seen it much (if ever) in my games (Xbox NA). My games are basically filled with werewolves, as well as lots of people using venomous smite.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting. It seems really powerful so that doesn’t surprise me. I don’t think I’ve really seen it much (if ever) in my games (Xbox NA). My games are basically filled with werewolves, as well as lots of people using venomous smite.

Agrees completely. Im same Xbox NA, and its way light on high health builds. I see more variety than what's mentioned over there lol
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That setup would work better on stamcro. 15% dot dmg buffs from rapid rot passive works well for DoT based proc sets like vMA 2h and unleashed terror and blastbones is comparable if not better in some situations then sub assault. On PC EU You can find many ppl running similar setups basically spamming stampede most of the time and reaching ~70% (yes 70%) of their dmg done from procs.
    Edited by Juhasow on December 26, 2020 11:45PM
  • RiskyChalice863
    RiskyChalice863
    ✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    That setup would work better on stamcro. 15% dot dmg buffs from rapid rot passive works well for DoT based proc sets like vMA 2h and unleashed terror and blastbones is comparable if not better in some situations then sub assault. On PC EU You can find many ppl running similar setups basically spamming stampede most of the time and reaching ~70% (yes 70%) of their dmg done from procs.

The 15% DoT damage passive for Necromancers is good but this build gets 9% extra damage overall (i.e. for DoTs and all other damage) from the animal companions passives anyways. And the Warden combo involves Growing Swarm, which also applies minor vulnerability. So I don’t think the Stamcro version would actually necessarily do more damage, though it’d be close either way. The thing that makes the Warden seem like the best option to me is mostly that they have a big health-based burst heal. The Stamcro could use the Scythe but it’s definitely not as big of a heal and requires you to have an opponent near you to use.