The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

State of BG queues and cyrodil lag

validifyedneb18_ESO
validifyedneb18_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
It's been a few dlcs since I last played, and I'm considering a return, interested in the state of 2 things;

BGs have been locked in solo queues for what feels like years - I didn't care when it first got added as I'm a solo BG player, but last time I wanted to help newbies get into bgs and was unable. Has this changed?

How is cyrodil lag? I'm aware that it's always been petty bad, but I'm mostly used to the smoother days of around morrowinds launch. Has it made improvements over the last year? Is it in people's opinion worth trying to get back into now, or is the lag still to experience destroying?

Ta
EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade

Best Answer

• Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jierdanit wrote: »
    It's been a few dlcs since I last played, and I'm considering a return, interested in the state of 2 things;

BGs have been locked in solo queues for what feels like years - I didn't care when it first got added as I'm a solo BG player, but last time I wanted to help newbies get into bgs and was unable. Has this changed?

How is cyrodil lag? I'm aware that it's always been petty bad, but I'm mostly used to the smoother days of around morrowinds launch. Has it made improvements over the last year? Is it in people's opinion worth trying to get back into now, or is the lag still to experience destroying?

Ta

BGs do have a group queue as well as a solo queue now.

Cyrodiil performance hasnt gotten any better and is rather just getting worse atm.

Thanks, is the group queue only for full groups or have ZOS finally worked out how to make a working group-fill system? And is it a separate queue or are groups and solo combined like the old version?

There is a solo queue you can only join when youre (obviously) solo and another queue where you can queue solo or in groups from 2 - 4 members, where you in theory should always get filled up to 4 players (even though that does not always work perfectly and you sometimes end up being in a team with only 2 or 3 players.
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
    Answer ✓
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ta

Cyrodiil performance hasnt gotten any better and is rather just getting worse atm.
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jierdanit wrote: »

Ta

Thanks, is the group queue only for full groups or have ZOS finally worked out how to make a working group-fill system? And is it a separate queue or are groups and solo combined like the old version?
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade