The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is there any way to pick specific battleground instead of random?

Einher2137
Einher2137
✭✭✭
Why I am forced to play this stiupid clown fiesta like Crazy King, why did they remove option to play specific BG?
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When there was solo queue only with option to pick the match type people were complaining that they cannot play with friends. Now when ZoS added group queue option for the cost of specific match type queue people are complaining they cannot queue for specific match type. I wouldn't be suprised if after adding option to queue as group or solo for specific match type people would find reasons to complain like waiting too long for the match. You can't satisfy everyone.
    Edited by Juhasow on December 26, 2020 1:46PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It comes down to we wanted to be able to queue as a group so Zos made that happen. They made it clear that they would not split the queues further which is why they eliminated being able to choose a specific BG.

I think the solution is we can queue as a group and get a random or we can queue solo and be able to choose a specific BG type. That would not affect queue times and give everyone what they want. People would just need to decide what they want more.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weight matchmaking to yield 50% DM and 50% objective modes.

Easy solution, everyone gets some of what they want.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanted to try to get my missing BG achievements but after playing over 2 hours I didn't even get a single match with the right game mode.... can we please get the game mode selection back for solo queue?
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS for some reason hates deathmatches. It was that way back when BGs came out and we had mixed queues and it currently is again. You get 1 deathmatch in like 20 matches of group queue. Solo queue seems to be better.

No idea why ZOS thinks 12 PvP players organize groups b/c they want to run from flag to flag while avoiding being pinned down by fighting.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Galarthor wrote: »
    ZOS for some reason hates deathmatches. It was that way back when BGs came out and we had mixed queues and it currently is again. You get 1 deathmatch in like 20 matches of group queue. Solo queue seems to be better.

No idea why ZOS thinks 12 PvP players organize groups b/c they want to run from flag to flag while avoiding being pinned down by fighting.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/

That's kind of working as intended though, those who put in the effort to organize with other people are rewarded for it. Those who don't and just put in the bare minimum effort in a team-game mode are not rewarded for it.
    Edited by Goregrinder on January 21, 2021 8:00PM