The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Scalecaller Peak HM is totally BROKEN!

gatekeeper13
gatekeeper13
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I did vSCP HM on my magsorc a few months ago and had zero crashes. Now that I made a new magcro, I wanted to get him the "Plague of Peryite" title too but didnt know it was literally IMPOSSIBLE.

Me and my group have been trying for the last 2 hours to complete the HM and in total we had more than 30 crashes. 2/3 attempts could not be completed because of crash, be it the tank or the DDs. And when we did everything perfect, we couldnt get the boss lower than 50% health because someone was 100% about to crash. 2 members left, 2 others arrived, crashes still there. We had to quit when two of us crashed simultaneously.

Seriously ZOS, when are you going to fix your product?

Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on December 24, 2020 4:17PM
  • AshfieldLad
    AshfieldLad
    ✭✭✭
    Yup, been trying to complete for 4 weeks, it’s terrible , we’ve given up until it gets fixed. Funnily enough non hm I never crash
  • Tremuto
    Tremuto
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the notice, I'll be telling my pugs to please not do HM for SCP today.
  • Eruceninde
    Eruceninde
    ✭✭
    Just did Scalecaller HM last night. My group did not crash as much as you did but still had alot of crashes. Almost gave up but got it finally.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Probably don't want to hear this, but SCP has improved since Markath. It used to bluescreen at least 2 people on normal, veteran, and hardmode on Zaan. I've cleared it a couple times since then, but when it gets a little laggy, the group tends to pucker up.
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Probably don't want to hear this, but SCP has improved since Markath. It used to bluescreen at least 2 people on normal, veteran, and hardmode on Zaan. I've cleared it a couple times since then, but when it gets a little laggy, the group tends to pucker up.

For me and everyone I spoke to or attempted HM with, SCP is way worse than it was before.

Who knows what causes all these crashes. Thing is I am afraid to update my Nvidia drivers cause I read that the latest drivers caused even more problems in ESO... For some players at least...

Edited by gatekeeper13 on December 23, 2020 9:59PM
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

For me and everyone I spoke to or attempted HM with, SCP is way worse than it was before.

Who knows what causes all these crashes. Thing is I am afraid to update my Nvidia drivers cause I read that for many they caused way more problems in ESO.

Totally agree. And not saying its fixed. Zaan will still DC you, but not automatically on every pull as it did last month.
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Who knows what causes all these crashes. Thing is I am afraid to update my Nvidia drivers cause I read that for many they caused way more problems in ESO.

Totally agree. And not saying its fixed. Zaan will still DC you, but not automatically on every pull as it did last month.

Can't speak for last month. Last time I visited and completed HM was like 5 months ago.
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has been broken since Markarth. I hope they decide to fix it. But not optimistic.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't speak for last month. Last time I visited and completed HM was like 5 months ago.

Yeah he's right this is actually the improved version. She used to disconnect at least 2-3 people every single time she went for her shield without fail.
  • BoGyesz
    BoGyesz
    ✭✭
    Played it on normal an hour ago. Two of us were offline for a short period because the game crashed. I was playing it on my MacBook Pro and the game crashed in the middle of a big fight, just before the 3rd boss (Concotor Mortieu).
  • starshine123b16_ESO
    Final Boss - SCP (Zaan) HM
    Tank 4 DC
    DDs 5 DC
    Healer 1 DC
    In about 1 hour.
    Unplayable at the moment!
  • starshine123b16_ESO
    All crashes to Desktop.
  • PaddyVu
    PaddyVu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crash will happen every 10 mins, if u want to do it, better shut down the game and reopen every 3 wipes
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I could confirmed on PS4 NA, boss fight DC too much.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope a complete fix is in the works! I want to work on getting the vSCP achievements!
  • siddique
    siddique
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hardmode is broken. We reached Zaan with zero crashes, read the scroll. And by the first ice statue phase, three people crashed at the same time.

Next pull, two people crashed together.
    Next pull, one guy crashed.
    Next pull, two people crashed together, yet again.
    Next pull, one guy crashed. By this time we were seeing a pattern almost.
    Four more pulls, numerous blue screens. Until we gave up.
    "Knee-jerk reactionist."
    Lost Depths, 2015-2022.
  • sjean73
    sjean73
    this should have been posted in the bug reports :pensive:
    if its like the werewolf skills line it should be fix with next expansion
  • AyaDark
    AyaDark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joke:
    Zaan was fixed. A lot of players report, that it crash gamers with blue screen.
    We fixed this problem.
    Now it crash gamers with orange screen ;)
  • deleted210809-001958
    looks like "Crashcaller Peak" suits better
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crashed 2 times yesterday. Decided to not queue again for scallecaller peak till the next incremental patch on January. I wish the zos staff Happy Holidays.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sjean73 wrote: »
    this should have been posted in the bug reports :pensive:
    if its like the werewolf skills line it should be fix with next expansion

It was reported more than a month ago, when Markarth went live.
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looks like a lot of people have faced serious issues with vSCP HM. It wasn't only us who tried to do it the last two days.

ZOS do sth asap. You are an AAA company, not some low-funds indie developer. This bug shouldn't be up for so long for no reason.
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    Yeah he's right this is actually the improved version. She used to disconnect at least 2-3 people every single time she went for her shield without fail.

Jesus Christ! Glad I didnt experience the "broken" version. :D:D:D

Edited by gatekeeper13 on December 24, 2020 9:10AM
  • Grandchamp1989
    Grandchamp1989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Many are broken.

White Gold Tower have ghost on the final boss that doesn't die so she literally can't be killed and team has to kill itself to reset the fight.

Fang Lair still crash

I literally crashed in Bloodroot Forge 3 times.
    1 time I crashed standing still out of combat about to check my bag... That's kinda amazing.

Crashed in march of sacrifice

3 crashes yesterday trying to complete maelstrom
    Edited by Grandchamp1989 on December 24, 2020 1:14PM
  • Mr_Arce88
    Mr_Arce88
    ✭✭✭
    What a good time to be trying no death achievements and have crashes all around. Indeed merry x-mas with zos.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    PS4 NA

Ran it again last night after long break .

OMG , HM blue screen , crash are not yet fix .

This company is amazing !
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I ran it a few days ago when it was the pledge. Attempted about 10 HM pulls; 5 crashes from one DD, 2 crashes from me, 1 crash from tank. Half the group was too demoralized to just do non HM for the completion and didn't bother logging back in.

All crashes were crash to desktop with no crash report. No blue screen crashes or anything
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • themachine250
    themachine250
    Soul Shriven
    I made a previous post detailing it was impossible for me to make it pass 1st boss on Ps5 as I kept “grey screening”. Everyone else on PS4 were unaffected..., at least w the 1st boss anyways. Extremely frustrating indeed
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My XB1 prog group is having the same issue. Crashes, desynchs and lag. Spent way too many hours in there thinking, maybe this time nobody will crash. All 4 of us are affected occasionally 2 at a time but usually just 1. About to open a ticket and see if I can get a free skin for all the potions, soul gems and time wasted.
  • PaddyVu
    PaddyVu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crash still happen. But i found a way to prevent it from crash but only 50% chance. Borrow a friend account and use both account go to the last boss. Now when u solo zaan hard mode, crash may happen to u or your friend account, if it's friend, u are fine to kill her, if it's u, reset and pray RNG crash. That's the only way to prevent crash when solo
  • EsoGoing
    EsoGoing
    ✭✭
    Scalecaller is still bugged. One crash during the first boss and then a few crashes during last boss on hardmode. Tank and healer got DC at the same time. We gave up then. (Playstation)
    Edited by EsoGoing on January 27, 2021 12:37PM