The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Medusa and Siroria sets

Amorpho
Amorpho
✭✭✭✭
A couple of questions with regards to Petsorc PVE dps setups:
1. Which is better? Medusa or Mother Sorrow?
2. Should Siroria be on front bar or body?
3. What could replace Siroria (other than False God) for dungeons that require mobility?
Edited by ZOS_Volpe on December 23, 2020 1:27PM
The Gaming Rev
YouTube channel - https://youtube.com/c/TheGamingRev

Characters

PVE
Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer - Master Crafter
Magicka Templar, Altmer
Magicka Nightblade, Breton
Stamina Nightblade, Khajiit

PVP
Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer
Magicka Templar, Altmer
Stamina Templar, Orsimer
Stamina Dragonknight, Dunmer
Stamina Warden, Orsimer

Aldmeri Dominion - 1700+ CP

XboxOne EU
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2. Siroria is nice frontbar cause u can "affect" where the circle falls and you can have 100% uptime on it after 10 seconds.
    1. Medusa and mother's sorrow are situational, when you can be melee sorrow is better cause you can use trap (which will boost dmg and sustain), when you can prebuff with channelled acceleration and have it throughout the fight mother's sorrow is better. Wherever you don't have a way to have minor force, medusa will be great.
    3. Pfg is bis for every non heavy attack magicka character (in dungeons) because sustain is horrible. If you are heavy attack build then there are many options, moondancer if you are getting synergies, for example, infallible aethar can work too...
    Edited by zvavi on December 23, 2020 7:31AM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What level of PvE are we talking?

1. Medusa, bar space is already limited on a pet sorc. IMO
    2. Body because I heard you can lose stacks if weapon swap though idk if that's still true
    3. I like Infallible Aether+Undaunted Infiltrator for dungeons unless someone else is providing minor vulnerability personally. Also good when you're solo. But that build requires a heavy rotation.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on December 23, 2020 8:09AM
  • LashanW
    LashanW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amorpho wrote: »
    A couple of questions with regards to Petsorc PVE dps setups:
    3. What could replace Siroria (other than False God) for dungeons that require mobility?
    1. They perform pretty much the same, but medusa is slightly tougher on sustain. After a lot of experimenting with medusa set I decided to fall back to Mother's sorrow.
    2. Front bar
    3. For dungeons pFG + MS front bar tends to be the best performing.

For trials if the fight has a lot of mobility (so siroria is not ideal) but sustain is also very good (decently mag optimized group and/or contains mechanic phases where you are not attacking a lot) you can try medusa + MS front bar. It's stronger than pFG + MS front bar and has no problems with mobility.
    ---No longer active in ESO---
    Platform: PC-EU
    CP: 2500+
    Trial Achievements
    Godslayer, Gryphon Heart, Tick-Tock Tormentor, Immortal Redeemer, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vMoL no death

Arena Achievements
    vMA Flawless, vVH Spirit Slayer

DLC Dungeon Trifectas
    Scalecaller Peak, Fang Lair, Depths of Malatar, Icereach
  • Amorpho
    Amorpho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok then, this is what I'm having in mind

1. Solo PVE - Medusa front bar + FG (since I don't have a free slot for Channeled Acceleration)
    2. Trial PVE - MS Front bar + FG body (for mobility) or Siroria body (for static burns, like last boss in HOF)

I guess I'm going to have to start farming Medusa!

Anyway, why is Siroria better on front bar?
    The Gaming Rev

Characters

PVE
    Magicka Templar, Altmer

PVP
    Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer
    Magicka Templar, Altmer
    Stamina Templar, Orsimer
    Stamina Warden, Orsimer

XboxOne EU
  • eovogtb16_ESO
    eovogtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You run siroria front bar because then you can keep the mother sorrow or medusa 5 pc bonus for crit at all times and because you should be light attack weaving and only stay in your back bar like 3 seconds max you will keep up siroria all times. Anyways what zvavi said is all the info you need. I
    Edited by eovogtb16_ESO on December 23, 2020 11:48AM
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was using FG+MS for almost a year and after Medusa got buffed, I switched to Medusa and never looked back. You may lose some crit but you have Minor Force up without having to break your rotation and lose resources for CA/Trap, especially when things get tough in a fight. And I slot Medusa front bar because IMO, having minor force on backbar is useless since most offensive skills are in front bar. On the other hand, If you have FG frontbar you lose the 5th bonus while in backbar and together you lose sustain from the 2bar skills.

Siroria, although it gives very good dps, is very static and not suitable for a lot of challenging content.
  • eovogtb16_ESO
    eovogtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Siroria outperforms perfected false gods in pretty much every situation now outside of vas heck maybe even in vas. Even in fights like sunspire vet lokkestiiz or hm where you are moving around for add phase siroria is still better than fg.
    Edited by eovogtb16_ESO on December 23, 2020 12:28PM
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Both are really good, i usually go with medusa though, for one it frees space, second, i don't have to bother with the circle mechanic.
  • eovogtb16_ESO
    eovogtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are good enough you can time it correctly you can keep it up under you 100% of a fight even if it requires you to be moving around. Also you shouldn't be replacing medusa with siroria... You wear siroria with medusa or false gods and medusa or some other damage set with medusa.
    Edited by eovogtb16_ESO on December 23, 2020 12:42PM
  • LashanW
    LashanW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amorpho wrote: »
    2. Trial PVE - MS Front bar + FG body (for mobility) or Siroria body (for static burns, like last boss in HOF)
    For me as a petsorc, siroria + MS felt only worth it for vHoF 1st boss nuke and vSS 2nd boss. Dunno about vKA. Also, for vHoF last boss medusa + MS front bar is a very strong combo and I was able to do pretty high dps with it, I felt it outperforms traditional siroria + MS here. Because siroria need 10 seconds to reach max stacks, and you move around a bit in this fight because boss changes his position.

Stacking crit chance is very strong this patch due to many crit damage boosters we have now (improved major force, minor force, elemental catalyst, CP and minor brittle etc)
    ---No longer active in ESO---
    Platform: PC-EU
    CP: 2500+
    Trial Achievements
    Godslayer, Gryphon Heart, Tick-Tock Tormentor, Immortal Redeemer, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vMoL no death

Arena Achievements
    vMA Flawless, vVH Spirit Slayer

DLC Dungeon Trifectas
    Scalecaller Peak, Fang Lair, Depths of Malatar, Icereach
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    False Gods is a lot weaker after losing its extra 5pc bonus. Siroria technically was also nerfed when it was reduced from 600 Spell Damage to 510, but stacking in 10s instead of 20s made it viable pretty much everywhere. Even if you have to frequently heavy attack for sustain Siroria beats False Gods now simply because FGD (even PFGD) does not have good stat density.

In situations where I really need the sustain and mobility, like vAS, I’ve actually been getting better results from Moondancer than PFGD. The only time False Gods is worth it is for places like vMA and Vateshran (no synergies and plenty of enemies dying for mag return).

Siroria is preferred on front bar so that you can control the circle location. vCR is a good example here, you can be on back bar while moving to a new position when ZMaja teleports. This prevents the Siroria circle fro dropping somewhere along the way while running (which would mean 10s of no stack building). As soon as you reach the new boss location you can swap to front bar and create the Siroria circle.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mothers Sorrow is technically better for damage, but only slightly. But I like Medusa because I can get rid of Trap and Channeled Acceleration and slot another damage or healing skill.

If you are running Medusa, Siroria needs to be on body and staff. Medusa is best set up with 2 heavy body (preferably chest and legs) and 3 jewelry. This is to carry the Minor Force over when bar swapping. Siroria, once activated, automatically carries over to the back when bar swapping. Plus, those two heavy pieces add resistance. You will have to run 2 light monster pieces to compensate.

Master Architect comes to mind. Siroria is not as rigid in terms of movement in boss fights as you might think. I find that it works in the majority of them. Regular FG is pretty weak now. I'd almost rather use Elemental Catalyst instead of regular FG, especially if you are running a fire glyph on your shock staff.
    Edited by El_Borracho on December 23, 2020 9:25PM
  • Amorpho
    Amorpho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mothers Sorrow is technically better for damage, but only slightly. But I like Medusa because I can get rid of Trap and Channeled Acceleration and slot another damage or healing skill.

If you are running Medusa, Siroria needs to be on body and staff. Medusa is best set up with 2 heavy body (preferably chest and legs) and 3 jewelry. This is to carry the Minor Force over when bar swapping. Siroria, once activated, automatically carries over to the back when bar swapping. Plus, those two heavy pieces add resistance. You will have to run 2 light monster pieces to compensate.

Master Architect comes to mind. Siroria is not as rigid in terms of movement in boss fights as you might think. I find that it works in the majority of them. Regular FG is pretty weak now. I'd almost rather use Elemental Catalyst instead of regular FG, especially if you are running a fire glyph on your shock staff.

Thanks mate
    The Gaming Rev

Characters

PVE
    Magicka Templar, Altmer

PVP
    Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer
    Magicka Templar, Altmer
    Stamina Templar, Orsimer
    Stamina Warden, Orsimer

XboxOne EU
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. For raw damage, MS is slightly ahead of medusa, but it aint much. Medusa gives you a skill slot so in actual content, it is handy, and IMO, a superior option for a lot of classes most of the time. It's real drawback is that it's a heavy set, so you need to run a 5/2 setup. Not a huge deal, but that likely means needing a different weight monster piece, and dumping some chromium for the medusa jewelry if you want to go all in. You will also need a front bar weapon from your favorite trial set.

2. Front bar is optimal. Good luck on the staff grind if you dont have it. If pairing with medusa, front bar is bordeline mandatory. If pairing with MS, its better but not the end of the world to run a MS staff and Siroria body. You do keep stacks when you bar swap which is the real question/answer.

3. For raw damage, there is no fight in the game where mobility is such an issue that Siroria becomes a less desirable option than the alternative in terms of pure DPS. Even a handful of stacks (combined with Minor slayer) is enough to make it the best choice over non trial options. Only set I would use over Siroria as a Mag DPS is False god, but that is more about sustain than mobility. FG mobility from major expedition is nice to get from trash pull to trash pull if going for speed/score, but the notion that some fights require so much movement that Siroria is a bad option due to inability to keep stacks is simply false.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on December 30, 2020 8:54PM
  • iksde
    iksde
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. I will prefer medusa over mother sorrow with jewerly and body parts to ahve it nonstop active if oyu dont minmax and you dont tryhardd for 80k, 90k+ parses, medusa is just more comfortable and still you can hit 90k parse with medusa, mother sorrow will be just for max max dps if you want this

2. yes siroria should be on front because it have enough uptime so you could make rotation on offbar and still have siroria on

3. BSW (Burning Spellwave), Moondancer or spell strategist are good, fine
    BSW is the best for pure easy dps, Moondancer you need synergies and keep eye which buff you have, you want to have for dmg or regen