The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Housing Wishes for 2021

Araneae6537
Araneae6537
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
First, I do want to say that I appreciate additions and improvements to housing that were made this year, including many lovely furnishings, houseguests, and fine adjustment of furnishing placement! :) I also appreciate the communication regarding item limits but do hope that ZOS might consider giving players the options of trade offs within that.

Some things, most of them reasonable I hope, that I would really love to see this next year:

1) Add full/cluttered versions of shelves and cabinets in older furnishing styles. I appreciate the increased variety in new styles introduced, but would greatly appreciate expanded options for utilizing older styles within the furnishing limits.

2) Ability to add emotes to pathing — at least for humanoid houseguests. Basic functions like being able to sit in a chair, look around, have a drink, etc., would add a lot in my opinion! I especially like the idea of being able to have Biro-dar sampling food or otherwise getting up to mischief and then getting out his book for appearances!

3) Make available generic but customizable houseguests. I think it’s cool to have named NPCs with distinct personalities available, but I would really love to be able to customize the appearance, wardrobe and emotes of some houseguests to fit into whatever design we come up with — whether that’s sweeping the floors at a tavern or performing the Alinor allemande at a masquerade!

4) More versatile structural furnishings! The limestone stairs are the best for so many uses because there is no box under them and you can have them curve around as needed — it would be wonderful to have such an option in wood and other styles!

5) Large landscape type furnishings. Some people want to eliminate grass in places while I often wish to cover tiles with turf. Without adding completely new functionality to the housing editor, it seems to me that large pieces of flat ground, manicured lawn, underbrush, wildflowers, etc. might be an ideal way to give these options.

6) Add items seen in game but conspicuously lacking or even absent in furnishings: weapons and armor, musical instruments, various containers of dirt for use as planters, bowls and pools of water.

7) Sheets of paper/scrolls/books which will display whatever text the decorator enters with various font choice options so we can have letters or the the scrawlings of a mad wizard or whatever we like to contribute to the scene and story we are creating. I realize a potential concern would be people writing very inappropriate things, but inside ones own house is hardly very visible and I suspect such trolls would rather type it in zone chat or use their character’s name, etc. And such things can always be reported.

I am sure there are others that I and many other players would love but these are among those foremost on my mind, hopefully at least some of which could be implemented.

edited the sixth to include items I had forgotten but which I would love to see and many of which have been frequently requested
Edited by Araneae6537 on December 31, 2020 9:12PM
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want something along the lines of this. A rack that has assorted tools. One could have gardening tools, one household stuff and other handy things. The rack with the tools would be just one item but would look like more.

NF7frjA.jpg
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • simple_specops
    simple_specops
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only one that wants to see my characters all together in the house??
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    I want something along the lines of this. A rack that has assorted tools. One could have gardening tools, one household stuff and other handy things. The rack with the tools would be just one item but would look like more.

NF7frjA.jpg

Agreed, such would be a great addition! And also weapon racks as are commonly found across Tamriel!
  • Sengra
    Sengra
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, yes, yes to the grass ... I don't know why so much of the more natural, 'landscapy' houses have paved floors that you can barely cover with hundreds of single plants if you want to have a meadow.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Feendish
    Feendish
    ✭✭✭
    For individual items, would love to see things like:
    xrvlbc7u96h3.png

The instruments (though the skellies would be okay, too)
    5zecamgckvh8.png

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Large pieces of grass or flowers would be nice, but I think having them flat might not be sufficient for most applications.

Ideally, we would need a section that could be placed on the ground, but conform to it if it has variation in the surface height. I am not sure that is possible within the scope of the housing editor at this time. You can use that option “surface drag” to get things to stick to other surfaces like walls and floors, but the object has to be perfectly flat (like a painting or the flat bottom surface of furniture) I think.

I would also like the option to remove weeds, notably like the ones in the tile near the entrance to the Psijic Villa. Not sure how they would implement this either, since those are not currently removable objects.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Princess_Kassiopeia
    Princess_Kassiopeia
    ✭✭✭✭
    POINT LIGHT SOURCES.

Not attached to anything but a light emitter. Either omnidirectional OR directional with controls for intensity, color and direction.

But omnidirectional points would be good. THAT way WE could dcide what makes parts of a garden or house illuminate AND control the shadowing and light direction for things we want to bring to the observers attention.

I'm sure everybody here knows what a point light source is!!!
    I made the mistake of posting this in the general discussion to which I was bombarded with suggestions that I use glowing weed bundles and clockwork mechanisms or something to light focus points......... which in itself was kinda scary. :p:p I dont think real people made the suggestions. Some kind of rogue A.I. in Bethesdas servers escaped or something....

I CANT GET ON WITH CRAZY PEOPLE...........

And NO, call me old fashioned but I DONT think packs of glowing sausages inanely hovering in mid air is a romantic way to illuminate a midnight setting. :p:D

Point light sources. No objects. Just clean, pure, happy light. :)
    "All young girls think they are Princesses. Life teaches that we have to also be warriors."
    Menelaus, king of Sparta and his wife, Helen of Troy.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A way for people to visit any of my homes that are open without need for an Add On or me to be online.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish we had slightly more furniture limit. Or, maybe if you buy a house with Crowns, you would have higher furniture limit unlocked in that house. I mean it feels bad if you spend 14000 crowns on a house and you still need to pay extra just to be able to decorate it properly...
  • Eirinin
    Eirinin
    ✭✭✭✭
    The ability to resize items would be amazing.

Some bathroom themed clutter, like a basket or shelf with soap, perfume, and towels. We can sort of muddle bottles and odds and ends to approximate beauty and cleaning products, but some more actual clutter shelves would be great.

More pillow styles and some folded blankets we can add to the foot of existing beds.

• Princess_Kassiopeia
    Princess_Kassiopeia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eirinin wrote: »
    //... The ability to resize items would be amazing ...//...

DAMN! This is telepathy. I just thought, "Ah, I'll just nudge the resizeability option again... came into the forum, clicked this post.... you beat me to it.
    Kinda scary, kinda cool. EVEN if it was just outside items like Botanics, rocks and stones.

Actually, regarding all the modelling tools that must get deployed in the creation of the sceneries...... it does rather stun the imagination as to why so much functionality IS missing. IMVU for the last ten years has had this facility. You'd have thought ESO would have left everything in the dust.... not gathered dust on the shelves that are bending under the weight of so much want.

Maybe the creators of ESO didn't realise people would enjoy the housing/modelling arena quite as much.
    "All young girls think they are Princesses. Life teaches that we have to also be warriors."
  • Princess_Kassiopeia
    Princess_Kassiopeia
    ✭✭✭✭
    The ability to create motion paths for more than just animals and pets.

Flowers etc drifting across lakes and ponds.
    Items hanging in midair slowly drifting around the kitchen magically of a Sorcerer. You'd expect it after all.
    Strange things flying around candle flames.
    Tables and chairs on floating verandas slowly turning around or drifting gently on water or even slowly bobbing.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We still need expanded decorator privileges that allow a designated decorator to place items. I have never understood why this isn't implemented already, older clunkier games like LOTRO have it and there's no problem with item recovery, you just click the "return to owner" button on it if you don't want it in your house anymore. With so many people who are WAY into decorating and would like to collaborate with other designers, or guild leaders who want to let officers decorate a home they bought but don't want to have to be given/sent each item and put it in because they are busy, or married/dating couples who want to decorate a home together, this is an essential QOL thing. And I still refuse to buy Earthtear until my character can leave surprise flowers or sweetrolls or chickens in it for his spouse, and vice versa.
  • Faiza
    Faiza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really need Pirharri to either sit or stand like a normal Khajiit when she isn't sneaking lol.

Doesn't her back hurt???????????
    Edited by Faiza on January 1, 2021 12:26AM
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faiza wrote: »
    I really need Pirharri to either sit or stand like a normal Khajiit when she isn't sneaking lol.

Doesn't her back hurt???????????

She is fun to put in a box, though. xD
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Portals from one area in a home to another area in the same home and preferably small and unobtrusive so they are not taking up tons of room. Grappling posts for homes too.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Letter and number box. Think of something like the little wooden number blocks that you buy little kids to play with and stack only bigger. Around 1-2 feet in size in game.

Would be nice to put blocks above crafting tables.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    More functionality to homes making them serve a purpose.
  • Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see actions that pets take if given time being added as commands with Pathing... Some Dogs lay down, or sit... I would like to see those actions be added to the pathing... a cat could stop and play with a ball, a dog lay down by the fire and so on... nothing special, just what they already do... granted, special would be nice too...
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    More item slots.

Alts as home npc´s.

Abbility to set more than one main house, and visit books.
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭
    First, I do want to say that I appreciate additions and improvements to housing that were made this year, including many lovely furnishings, houseguests, and fine adjustment of furnishing placement! :) I also appreciate the communication regarding item limits but do hope that ZOS might consider giving players the options of trade offs within that.

4) More versatile structural furnishings! The limestone stairs are the best for so many uses because there is no box under them and you can have them curve around as needed — it would be wonderful to have such an option in wood and other styles!

edited the sixth to include items I had forgotten but which I would love to see and many of which have been frequently requested

This one really stands out to me as well.

Realistically there should be structural kits for every single style of Housing Architecture in the game. Basic wall, stair, doorways pieces etc.

So whether you own a marble walls looked home in Alinor or the clay Hlaalu styled home in Vvardenfell, there is structural pieces no matter what. That would be a pretty easy to accomplish thing to considering the assets are obviously already there.

• omegatay_ESO
    omegatay_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hand held musical instruments, please.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would really like to be able to get musical instruments as furnishings. It was so frustrating to see that they made custom models and icons for each instrument that you collect for Bard's college and then find out that you cannot have their replicas. :(
    Also, I really hate that you cannot buy old crown store exclusives. There used to be a dwarven pipes pack that included a really nice book and you cannot buy it anymore. I wasn't even interested in housing back when it was in crown store, and it's super frustrating. Same with old houses such as Telvanni tower or Hircine's realm.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Hesperax79
    Hesperax79
    ✭✭✭
    Group PvP whitin the Player's hous will be great. 3v3 or 5v5.
    This will be good new activity in PvP guild whit very low work from developer side.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some of these will echo other requests:

1. Merger of some less populated furnishing categories (special collectibles, special furnishings). Items in these categories often have an equivalent amount of graphical intensity. Instead of a talking bust of Abnur Tharn, let me place another housecat. There's a thread about this in the forum right now and I love the idea.

2. Enhanced permissions. I want to give players the ability to visit ANY of my houses, and I want to give decorators the ability to place items. Additionally I would love to give players the ability to place their own storage boxes, understanding of course that I may not rifle through their belongings.

3. More clutter collections. I'm especially wanting for collections of bottles, tools, produce, and scattered papers. It seems asinine to me that each little delicate vial or stray apple should be a whole furnishing slot. 🤣

4. More ground textures and big clusters of plants.
    - Sheets of dirt, mounds of dirt
    - Sheets of grass (for creating meadows)
    - Vast flower clusters, more plant clusters in general
    - Piles of leaves
    - Clusters and rows of crops (wheat, corn, gourds, tomatoes, on and on)
    - Scattered hay/straw for stable floors
    - Larger snow piles! Seriously massive snow piles!
    - Placeable water

5. More stable goods. Hanging tack and blankets, curry combs, etc.

6. Updated clothes lines with better textures and swaying textiles. The current ones stick out like a sore thumb amongst the more modern assets.

7. Ability to mount in homes. If the mount in question has been placed down, despawn it from its furnishing location and return it after dismount. I would like the ability to remove tack from placed mounts, too.

8. Cultivation of some kind. A limited number of alchemy or food ingredients harvested a day from harvest boxes that can be earned via writ vouchers. Fishing nodes that don't drop rare fish.

9. More creature type furnishings (like the butterflies). Small ambient creatures like birds, more types of insects and arachnids, schools of fish, etc.

10. More wood structural furnishings. Really wanting for some stairs, wood door frames, walls with window cutouts, stuff like that. Beams in various lengths. Some kind of A-shape to complete walls adjoining roofs.

11. More complete structures. Loving the new Reach pergolas and hoping for more! The tiny A-frame structures that match, sheds, small complete cottages (I love the ones you see dotted around Western Skyrim), stable stalls, smaller, more rustic windmills and water wheels.

12. More large autumn tree types with a breeze animation. Would love some that drop leaves too, similar to how the gingko trees shed petals.

13. Time of day and weather lockable in homes. Some of my builds are made specifically to be displayed at night, or look their best in the rain.

14. And, now, house requests:
    - RETURN 👏 OF 👏 HUNTER'S 👏 GLADE 👏
    - A home in the Crow's Wood or in a place styled after The Shadow Cleft in Clockwork City. I absolutely love everything related to the Blackfeather Court (still waiting on a merchant and banker as crows!) and Nocturnal. Love the witchy vibes of these areas. Please include a lot of land (feel free to densely pack it with trees and so forth), and either a small cottage or a kind of tumbledown tower.
    - A small cottage on a large plot of snowy land. Not an icy lake. Not with dwemer bits. The more obnoxious the snowfall the better. I want my cabin in the mountains aesthetic. 👌
    - A gothic seaside castle or tower, moderately sized (doesn't need to be massive). Moody weather with grey clouds and rain, the sounds of waves crashing, and gulls crying. Perhaps a beach with a little waterlogged cave. I feel like Rivenspire would be an appropriate location.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ability to put mounts in homes without saddles etc.

The models are already in the game
    Beta tester November 2013
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love the ability to make storyboards or signs. Something that, when clicked on, would bring up text that you typed into an entry field. Description of a display, a story you composed about the house, a Riddle or puzzle leading to something hidden in the house... It would be fun to be able to invent lore for your house and have it displayed in a sign. Or invent a scavenger hunt or parcour (sp?) course you could describe on a sign. There are so many things you could do with this!
  • seecodenotgames
    seecodenotgames
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love the ability to make storyboards or signs. Something that, when clicked on, would bring up text that you typed into an entry field. Description of a display, a story you composed about the house, a Riddle or puzzle leading to something hidden in the house... It would be fun to be able to invent lore for your house and have it displayed in a sign. Or invent a scavenger hunt or parcour (sp?) course you could describe on a sign. There are so many things you could do with this!

If you use the EHT addon you can already create signs and custom lorebooks. Obviously it will only work for PC players who also have the addon, but it is quite fun.
    Houses on PC EU (newest first)
    • 62. Sand Castles (Fogbreak Lighthouse) - A literal life size sand castle
    • 61. Riften Meadery (Old Mistveil Manor) - A new meadery has opened outside Riften
    • 60. Helene's Writing Room (Golden Gryphon Garret) - A small room for Helene to get some quiet writing time
    • 59. Picnic at Pelin (Black Vine Villa) - Based on the lore book Picnic at Pelin (A Horror Story)
    • 58. Almalexias Temple (Forsaken Stronghold) - A Dunmer Tower with a shrine to the three
    • 57. Pirate New Life For Me (Highhallow Hold) - A pirate tavern where they gift you loot
    • 56. Woodvine Cathedral (Agony's Ascent) - A living cathedral thriving in the Deadlands
    • 55. Dark Elf Town House (Quondam Indorilia) - A small and cosy town house on the edge of Mournhold
    • 54. The Secret Tower (Exorcised Coven Cottage) - A hidden mage tower in the swamps on the Hag Fen
    • 53. Knight Club (Frostvault Chasm) - A disco in a dwarven mineshaft
    • 52. Dwemer Cave City (The Erstwhile Sanctuary) - A lost dwarven city has been found deep underground
    • 51. Alinor Gryphon Aerie (Colossal Aldmeri Grotto) - A place where gryphons are trained
    • 50. The Charred Towers (Doomchar Plateau) - Deadlands themed fortress with two towers and custom furniture
    • 49. Argonian Sea Town (Tel Galen) - An Argonian sea port
    • 48. Daedric Princess Tower (Seaveil Spire) - An underwater tower dedicated to the Daedric Prince Meridia
    • 47. Fargrave Observatory (Ossa Accentium) - An observatory in the portal realm of Fargrave
    • 46. Hundings Beach House (Hundings Palatial Hall) - Beach house and hottub
    • 45. Crystal Gardens (Snugpod) - Enchanted Gardens with crystalline trees
    • 44. Dawnlight Health Spa (Princely Dawnlight Palace) - Our spa waters are revitalising and ready to heal your aching body
    • 43. Mountainside Retreat (Pariah's Pinnacle) - An orc mountainside hall with an amazing view
    • 42. Volcanic Vile Villa (Kushalit Sanctuary) - A private hollowed out volcano for all your mad alchemist needs
    • 41. Arenthian Water Temple (Strident Springs Demesne) - A relaxing water temple outside Arenthia
    • 40. Woodland Cottage (Ald Velothi Harbor House) - A house in a tree, but not a treehouse
    • 39. Winter Snow Meadhall (Enchanted Snow Globe Home) - A winter meadhall has opened to get everyone in the festive mood
    • 38. Fire and Ice Hotel (Elinhir Private Arena) - An new hotel has opened with an ice bar and a lava room
    • 37. City of Princes (Pantherfang Chapel) - Citadese is under attack from a dragon invasion. Prince Tarvia is leading the escape through the sewers.
    • 36. Dark Brotherhood Home (Stay-Moist Mansion) - A Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary found beneath an Argonian village
    • 35. Volkihar Courtyard (Velothi Reverie) - A castle courtyard modelled on the famous Volkihar Castle in Skyrim
    • 34. Rada's Summer Getaway (Potentate's Retreat) - A Redguard mansion with a dark vampiric secret in the basement
    • 33. Cascadia Wine N Dine (Sweetwater Cascades) - Vineyard and meadery with two restaurants and a chapel
    • 32. Walled Kitchen Garden (Amaya Lake Lodge) - Fresh produce and cut flowers for sale. Hot food served in a family restaurant.
    • 31. Luckycat Summerhouse (Lucky Cat Landing) - A khajiiti villa with spa and dining
    • 30. Helene's Boutique (Water's Edge) - The famous dressmaker has opened a new dress shop in town
    • 29. Alinor Garden Party (Mathiisen Manor) - A party in the flower gardens of a Altmer noble's manor
    • 28. Markarth Bath House (Stone Eagle Aerie) - A relaxing spa and bath house with an arts and craft centre
    • 27. Treeboat house (The Gorinir Estate) - No one know how an imperial ship ended up in the treetops
    • 26. Varlaisvea College (Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins) - An ancient library has been discovered deep inside an Ayleid ruin
    • 25. City on the Moon (The Orbservatory Prior) - Moonbase with housing and an inn under the stars
    • 24. Lakemire Water Gardens (Lakemire Xanmeer Manor) - Relaxing hanging gardens and a fish restaurant beneath the Xanmeer
    • 23. Hircine's Hunt Club (Hunters Glade) - A relaxing villa for werewolves to feast in the ever refilling hunting grounds
    • 22. Lost Dwarven Kingdom (Shalidor’s Shrouded Realm) - A lost Dwemer king's palace has been found in a mage's pocket realm
    • 21. Replaced with 54. The Secret Tower
    • 20. Topal Fishing Resort (Grand Topal Hideaway) - A resort in the middle of a fishing lake on a private island
    • 19. Castleton Manor (Alinor Crest Townhouse) - The home of Lord Castleton and his daughter Sonja
    • 18. Cave of BBQ N Ribs (Earthtear Cavern) - A secret rocky dome, hosts a BBQ and ribs restaurant
    • 17. Who Lived in a Shoe (The Ample Domicile) - There was an old reach witch who lived in a shoe
    • 16. Dwemer Party Tower (Hall of the Lunar Champion - Lion's Cradle) - A dwarven flying tower repurposed for parties
    • 15. A Taste of Alinor (Sleek Creek House) - A small piece of Alinor beside a creek
    • 14. Lava Submarine Base (Bastion Sanguinaris) - An evil vampire alchemy lab, accessible only via a lava submarine
    • 13. Spirit-tree Library (Wraithhome) - A library built atop an ancient forest within an ancient Daedric ruin
    • 12. Golden Beach Palace (Thieves' Oasis) - A dwarven inspired Redguard beach resort
    • 11. Mad Scientists House (Cyrodilic Jungle House) - Workshop and garage with an experimental De-lore-ean
    • 10. Big Toy House (Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery) - Two life sized doll's houses and a inn beneath the stairs
    • 9. Icy Falls Inn (Forgemaster Falls) - Two Nord lodges on a lake, serving mead and fresh fish
    • 8. Blue-ice Palace (Stillwaters Retreat) - Solitude, but on a frozen lake
    • 7. Mushroom Manor (Coldharbour Surreal Estate) - Dunmer house built from giant mushrooms
    • 6. Vampire Academy with wine bar (Daggerfall Overlook) - Come for the nibbles; stay for eternity
    • 5. Three Pillows War (Grymharth's Woe) - Re-enact the three banners war with pillow forts and floof balls
    • 4. Treefern House (Moon-sugar meadow) - Giant treefern treehouse
    • 3. Artaeum Theatre/Opera housel (Grand Psijic Manor) - Tiered Balcony
    • 2. Imperial Bridal Suite (Linchal Grand Manor) - Wedding venue with bridal suite extension
    • 1. Dragonguard Penthouse (Jode's Embrace) - 3 Extra floors, with indoor conservatory and top floor gym
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you use the EHT addon you can already create signs and custom lorebooks. Obviously it will only work for PC players who also have the addon, but it is quite fun.

I guess I should have clarified that I'd like these things for console. No add-ons.
    Edited by LadySinflower on January 12, 2021 6:22PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess I should have clarified that I'd like these things for console. No add-ons.

I’d like to have it without add-ons as well — not that I don’t greatly appreciate add-ons, but I prefer the work I put into my homes be viewable by all my theoretical visitors! :sweat_smile: