The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Inventory issue

goatlyonesub17_ESO
goatlyonesub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭
You press I for inventory, to check out what you've got. But you have a lot. So, to spot the item you want and not to see everything else, you select one of the item-type filters: weapons, armor, jewelry, consumables, etc and so on. Before my 42-day hiatus, recently past, the game would remember which filter you last selected (unless you logged off and back on, or something like that) and the next time you hit -alt- you'd be shown the items in that filter category.

Now, however, the game reverts your inventory back to 'everything' when you merely -alt- out and -alt- back into inventory again. You must again select the filter to narrow the item list.

It shouldn't be this way. The old way was better. Let's go back to that.
"Argonians have fat, scaly tails." —Rissa Manyclaws.
"Once upon a time there were three sisters: Delicious, Delightful, and Disgusting. Now, Delicious and Delightful were both very pretty girls..." —Brendalyn Jurarde.
"I smell to the nobility." —Indrasa Avani.
"A bargain with an animal is not a contract made." —Haderus Atrimus.
"Redguard makeup for sale. Free samples. Secret ingredients. Unique application method. Lots of satisfied customers." —The Mudball Goblin (aka, Cognac Vinecroft)
"Your armor looks like underwear." —Shuns-the-Knife.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They "fixed" something
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea that is especcially annoying when you are trying to open lots of boxes, likes Rewards for the Worthy and it always puts you back to the start so you have to search for them again.
    Really not too great when you try to open 20+ of those.
    Edited by Jierdanit on December 21, 2020 2:20PM
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is a bug (or new feature?!) introduced by one of the recent patches. If you are on a PC, the addon "Workaround: Keep Inventory Category" fixes it.
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I noted it too after Markarth DLC base game patch.

But apparently it is an ongoing bug for a few years. There were several threads about this in the general forum already.
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    It is a bug (or new feature?!) introduced by one of the recent patches. If you are on a PC, the addon "Workaround: Keep Inventory Category" fixes it.

thank you :) that was really needed.
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have noticed this too, the interface for your inventory has to close when opening another container, and then you need to keep opening inventory back up to open next container. That would be less annoying if the filtering text was persistent, but that clears with each inventory open/close