Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamsorc Argonian

UGotBenched91
UGotBenched91
✭✭✭✭✭
Thinking of making a stamsorc while event is going on. I’m aware orcs are the big dog with this class but I have to be honest....they are ugly as crap. I love orcs but ESO butchered their appearance and they just look to silly (lineage 2...now there’s a fine looking orc race). Anyway, how much of a disadvantage would I be at if I made an Argonian stamsorc. I don’t care about being the very best I just want to be able to hold my own and get some kills in PvP.
Edited by UGotBenched91 on December 20, 2020 12:40AM
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All races can hold their own in PvP. How well you do in PvP is more about your gear sets and overall skill in the game.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say that your sustain would would be a lot better, you dmg however would be lacking. Orc on the other hand provide hightest dmg and a vit of survivavilty with the speed and health passives. All in all, it is just a matter of playstyle choices. I believe orc is hit and runplaystyle, argonain should allow you to hold your grounds a bit.
  • Xiomaro
    Xiomaro
    ✭✭✭
    It's true what others have said. Race isn't make or break in a PVP build. Because almost all stats are useful in PVP, you can just swap a glyph to make two races almost the same.

The one exception to this, I've found, is Nord. You just can't replicate the amount of extra resistances they get through gear choices. The stat budget for their extra resists is just plain higher than what other races get - most others are comparable to just swapping a mundus stone. This is particularly strong in the current meta where everyone is running procs, Malacath and heavy armour (at least on PC EU no CP).
    PC EU No CP PVP
    Xiomaro: Nord Stamsorc
    Xio'maro: Breton Magsorc
    Falura Avelni: Dunmer Vampblade
    Ulric Longboi: Nord Stamden
    Sha'boom-boom: Orc Werewolf Tank
    Morga The Roarer Nord Stamcro
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    The issue with argonian is that the sustain is almost redundant. Dark Deal especially if coupled with engine guardian, gives you plenty of sustain. The healing done increase is useful but not all that much. Max mag isn't worth much. The disease resistance isn't that good. That really only leaves the 1k health.

Orc gets you the highest damage possible, which is what stamsorc needs as much of as possible to make up for the lack of any sort of combo. The 2k more stam and 256 weapon damage is worth a fair bit of damage.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as the passives are being used then its all good.

I really only dislike Khajiit + Malacath type combinations
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • UGotBenched91
    UGotBenched91
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Forgive my ESO ignorance but Malacath? Is that lore related?
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Forgive my ESO ignorance but Malacath? Is that lore related?
    He means the mythic item, Malacath's Band of Brutality - https://eso-sets.com/set/malacaths-band-of-brutality

As for the original question...While I think Nord and Orc are probably the best Stam Sorc races right now, the class is so good that it shouldn't really matter that much. Damage, sustain, and self healing potential are all absolutely outstanding, and the mobility remains indisputably #1. You can play with or without proc sets and still be in the top echelon of classes in Battlegrounds or solo/small scale Cyrodiil. Heck even zerging I guess, since more Negates would always be welcomed.
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBois wrote: »
    All races can hold their own in PvP. How well you do in PvP is more about your gear sets and overall skill in the game.

Not true. Certain races are much better regardless of skill. Switching my stamblade from a khajit to a nord drastically improved my survivablity.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian sorc is pretty cool.

Argonian pairs well for niche builds like infused potion cooldown redux + clever alch, maybe even arkasis playing in a 4-man or less.

Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB