Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of August 5:
· [IN PROGRESS] NA megaservers for maintenance – August 7, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [IN PROGRESS] EU megaservers for maintenance – August 7, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
· [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – August 7, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO coffee table books

Beardimus
Beardimus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Interested to know what artwork / coffee table books there are for ESO (not Skyrim)

I've seen imperial edition and
The Elder Scrolls Online: Tales of Tamriel Vol 1&2

Are these any good? Any others?
Xbox One | EU | EP
Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
Alts - - for the Lolz
Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eeek, I guess I'm the only nerd!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry. I don't have "real books" at all any more, gave all 2k+ of them to one of husband's granddaughters. I have e-readers with all the books now, and stuff on coffee tables just has to be dusted all the damn time.
    Options
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The best coffee table books imo would be the first two CE art books. One from the Imperial Edition launch, and one from the Morrowind CE. Both are filled with stunning art and some fairly well written stories. Summerset's CE art book was then almost a quarter of the size (still a good read, and very pretty, but not coffee table sized). Elsweyr didn't have a CE which is criminal given the high quality art direction, and Greymoor's CE didn't have an art book at all :/

Then there's the Hero's Guide to ESO collection, which was a limited run (with a numbered plaque inside) of three "books". All too small for coffee tables imo. There's a short alchemist's journal which is really well presented and has some great art within. An arms manual which is... not much of anything. And the main book which looks absolutely beautiful with gold leaf, but there isn't much quality art to speak of, and the writing is god awful to be honest. It's the only book of the lot I couldn't finish because of the writing quality and "story" setup.

All together they make a good display though, and I placed mine on some sheep's skin and roe deer antlers like the official presentation for the Hero's Guide had, in my display case :)

33354868838_32a0d2b684_k.jpg
    47178544572_eef0b8b968_k.jpg
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I know there haven't been any Elder Scrolls art books except for the ones which occasionally come with collector's editions of the games. Which surprises me, I'm sure if they did a book (or even a series of books) showing how the art has developed from Arena to ESO it would be popular.

Maybe it's better for me that they haven't, we've got a silly amount of art books in this flat already (especially since we don't have a coffee table to put them on) but if one was available I'd get it!
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    Norith_Gilheart_Flail
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've actually been wondering about this topic myself, an excellent post. I will be following as would like to know of any Elder Scrolls books with more lore and stories, rather than graphics, and people's recommendations
    Options