The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bug report thread inappropriate?

alsonotan0rc
alsonotan0rc
✭✭✭
I submitted a bug report in the bug section of the forums. The bug in question is crashes in dungeons and trials introduced in the Markarth patch. [snip]

I'm not really interested in discussing the bug, just reporting it. My bug did not even fit under the thread I was redirected to for "discussion." The only similarity was that there was a crash. So I'm concerned that any useful information will just get lost in a sea of superficially similar issues and associated complaints. (Amusingly, the only response from the mod on that thread was a link to minimum system requirements and instructions on how to submit a ticket to support.)

Opening a ticket in game is completely futile because there's nothing support personnel can do about bugs introduced by game code updates, and the in-game bug report window is way too small (I use the gamepad interface) for the information I need to include. There's also no way to include logs or any other pertinent information.

So what am I supposed to do with a bug report if I can't report it in the bug section of the forum? Where is it appropriate to post such a report? If anybody knows, please direct me there. [snip]

[Edited to remove Discussing Disciplinary Actions]
Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on December 19, 2020 11:06AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When a moderator closes a thread it is preferred to message them privately rather than to discuss moderator actions in the forums.

Further, they never said it the comments made were inappropriate, just that there is an existing thread on the subject.
  • alsonotan0rc
    alsonotan0rc
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, my bad. I had forgotten about that rule. My original question still stands, though. What do I do with bug reports if not put them in the bug section of the forums?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Besides the bug report section of the forum, you can submit bug reports by opening a ticket with customer support. We are now going to close this thread since the question has been answered.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.