The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Great job with the Cyrodiil mechanics. Ball groups are invincible, Kill hundreds without dying.

jdamuso
jdamuso
✭✭✭
There's nothing that is okay about the main camp having every keep blue because no one can kill the ball group. NO ONE. at all.

This patch is a failed experiment, fix this or cyro will be a ghost town. already is happening.
  • jdamuso
    jdamuso
    ✭✭✭
  • jdamuso
    jdamuso
    ✭✭✭

40 minutes later:

https://ibb.co/rpCCKfn

Cyro is dead, need a new game. ESO ded.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I missing something? It merely looks like a complaint that DC is having a good night.
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Am I missing something? It merely looks like a complaint that DC is having a good night.

A rarity of one.

The irony of course that EP has a ball group most nights but they disappear when there is 1 on DC. At the same time; DC has the best ball group on the server after EP did something similar to this. I'm not sure what AD has lately.

It's not great from a game health perspective but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't nice to be on the other side of it for once.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Zerg campaign primetime; that should not happen. The blue guilds came to no CP because there wasn;t any compeition.

I suppose someone will say that the hardcore PvPers were doing the boring New Life Event that had we did 4 times already even though they don;t PVE
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If what I’ve read is accurate, ZOS said that these healing changes really didn’t improve performance that much but produced “desirable behavioral changes.” Does that make you feel like a rat in a maze? Anyway, that must mean they want us all to form ball groups as that has gone from being an optimal way to play to being the only sensible way to play.
  • danthemann5
    danthemann5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DC might win a campaign, better run to the forum to complain.
    ZeniMax has no obligation to correct any errors or defects in the Services.

Greetings! We've closed this thread due to its non-constructive nature.

"You know you don't have to be here right?" - ZOS_RichLambert
  • mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭
    This is why i main a nb bomber at least i have the tools to be able to kill anything when the stars align.
  • ivramirez
    ivramirez
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to comment but the ban situation doesn't allow to say much but cyrodiil is in bad shape. currently finding myself dedicating less and less time to ESO.
  • thegreat_one
    thegreat_one
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry bud, tonight at bleaks CBB was repairing the door and I almost killed all of em with one bomb,

Not to mention bombing them at Glade, Ray etc..... Ball Groups are not unkillable. Just really hard to kill. Especially if you don't know how to fight them

DC had our groups out. It was nice to see.

However we have dealt with this crap for 11 months this year and now you get a taste of it.
    Enjoy

• Tammany
    Tammany
    ✭✭✭✭
    Developer does not care, deal with it.
  • orion_1981usub17_ESO
    orion_1981usub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ball groups are fine.... You and many others simply go about them the wrong way. I Have seen this countless times on PS EP and I'm sure everyone who knows basic game mechanics must chuckle as to what I'm about to say. In fact I once got straight kicked from a pvp guild for the sole reason of saying these words:

Ball Groups are a mechanic of the game and are fine... let me say this again... Ball groups are fine.
    The first lesson in PVP to understand that no one is good, every one else losing is simply worse. If you are losing its not their fault... its your fault and always will be... ALWAYS! THIS WILL NEVER CHANGE. If you die, you made a mistake, if you lose, you didn't understand what you were facing. Accept this one simple rule and you have already become a better player!

So how to deal with ball groups. Look I personally enjoy listening to groups fighting a ball and it goes something like this "we got them, oh no, ah they got me. okay this time we got them, oh no, ahhh they got me..." Ad infiniti because ball group mechanics DO NOT CHANGE.... EVER. There are three phases to a ball group, the build up, the release and the retreat. From the outside these are predictable to watch. But none of those matter because the true way to beat a ball group... is to not fight the ball group.

Ball groups are a large gathering of opposition resources in one place. If you don't have matching or exceeding resources (not necessarily numbers) then you are only helping the enemy win by engaging them in a battle they hold the advantage in. That's how you lose a campaign, and its not a big deal there will be plenty others. DC never won a single campaign (from the EP perspective, yes if your DC you won) ever! EP lost it because they did not follow the rules of the game mechanics.

So what do you do? If you cant defeat them, then you must be where they are not. EP should immediately break into small groups and take every small resource behind the ball group. A ball group is a one trick pony, you should never be in front of its flow. if there is one ball group, there should be three smaller groups taking everything small from them. They may save one, but lose two. Never under any circumstance should you play into the advantages of others.... unless you want to be that bonehead who gets farmed for AP.... and they are not going to thank you for it.

So what happens if "we have to fight them"? First off, this is never the case and if you ever hear someone say that... chuckle because they're a useful idiot for the opposition. And its okay for the folks that simply want to throw themselves at the nearest enemy with out even a second thought of who has the advantage... because with out such players we would have no top 5 PVP videos. But if you want your faction to win, then your gonna have to learn the very basics of game mechanics and strategy. If not I'm sure DC will be happy with their rewards... you gave them.
    Edited by orion_1981usub17_ESO on December 19, 2020 9:19PM
  • Crash427
    Crash427
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry bud, tonight at bleaks CBB was repairing the door and I almost killed all of em with one bomb,

Not to mention bombing them at Glade, Ray etc..... Ball Groups are not unkillable. Just really hard to kill. Especially if you don't know how to fight them

DC had our groups out. It was nice to see.

However we have dealt with this crap for 11 months this year and now you get a taste of it.
    Enjoy

Bombing people repairing a door is fun, but it almost always means you already lost the fight.
    Edited by Crash427 on December 19, 2020 10:36PM
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The devs killed skillful PvP a very long time ago, pay to win classes and refusal to balance cloak properly has broken the meta for ages, malacath coupled with eternal vigor killed CP PvP and malacath with proc sets has killed non CP PvP. The devs knew if everyone could build easily go be unkillable, class balance was irrelevant and they could get back to re skinning popular TES titles for the role players and questers.