Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why do you have tattoos and skins but still have not implemented the simple ability to hide armor?

ck37090
ck37090
✭✭✭✭
Obviously creating character styles is a pretty big part of the game. It still baffles me they sell all these skins and tattoos but still haven't bothered with implementing the simple ability to hide armor pieces so people can actually enjoy them.
  • Lapin_Logic
    Lapin_Logic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ck37090 wrote: »
    Obviously creating character styles is a pretty big part of the game. It still baffles me they sell all these skins and tattoos but still haven't bothered with implementing the simple ability to hide armor pieces so people can actually enjoy them.

THIS.

how can you make Conan when you cant hide your plate armor and shoulder
  • faeeichenlaub
    faeeichenlaub
    ✭✭✭✭
    One of the most IRL things this game has. Wanna show off your tats?
    Then take off your clothes.
    "Azura give me strength, Let my voice change the world as long as I am in it."
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We can't even hide tabards. I wouldn't hold my breath.
  • ck37090
    ck37090
    ✭✭✭✭

Here's the thing...they SELL tattoos and skins...if they gave the ability to hide armor they would sell MORE tattoos and skins...meaning they would make MORE money...its a very simple way to increase income for them...i'm failing to see how they are missing this.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ck37090 wrote: »

Here's the thing...they SELL tattoos and skins...if they gave the ability to hide armor they would sell MORE tattoos and skins...meaning they would make MORE money...its a very simple way to increase income for them...i'm failing to see how they are missing this.

Aren’t most of them in crates? They don’t need you to be excited about those! ;)
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the most IRL things this game has. Wanna show off your tats?
    Then take off your clothes.

This is my thoughts on the markings. I don't get why people want to show all of it. People with tattoos in real life doesn't put on a fur diaper to show that they have tattoos. Most are happy with letting them peak out where there is no clothes.

I dislike it that all markings/skins etc always have to be so exaggerated, symmetrical, and cover the whole body. They almost always follow the same lines too. Stuff on arms, then stuff on back and chest that goes down along the sides to the legs. Don't get me started on the awful face ones.

Where are the asymmetrical and subtle markings? Random scars, scars with some tattoos. Markings on just one arm etc.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need a complete "hide" option for all the major parts of the body. We already have the helm hide, so do Hide Shoulders, Hide Hands, Hide Chest (oh yeah baby!), Hide Waste, Hide Legs, Hide Feet. Have each one be able to be ON/OFF individually for our particular character's look.

I think we'd get some pretty cool lookin' characters out there.
    Edited by EmEm_Oh on December 19, 2020 10:41PM
  • Smile2342
    Smile2342
    ✭✭
    Overland content is so easy you don't need to wear that much armor. You can skip chest and arms and wear legs or skip legs and wear a long jerkin. Even Conan was putting on full armor at the end of the movie for the major battles.
  • VikkiVonTraxx
    VikkiVonTraxx
    ✭✭✭
    Agree! Personnally i really hope for a mixing possibility for disguises and normal motifs styles :open_mouth:
  • udaba
    udaba
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed!
    PC/EU 1600 CP+
  • VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All these comments and no one mentions the very problem/reason why there isn’t a hide option for the other armor pieces. Its obviously because they don’t want people running around in their underwear in game. The nordic bathing towel is the closest they’ll get to letting you streak across tamriel while still technically wearing armor.
  • Carthelion
    Carthelion
    ✭✭✭
    I've been asking he same thing for a long time. I really like the sleeve tattoos, the stock one on character creation and the skull one they added with Markath?
    I'm desperate for more armless armour to show them off. But also, shoulder armour ruins 99% of my outfits. I just don't get how they have a hide helm option, yet they insist on making shoulder pieces the size of busses and not offer a hide option.
  • ck37090
    ck37090
    ✭✭✭✭
    All these comments and no one mentions the very problem/reason why there isn’t a hide option for the other armor pieces. Its obviously because they don’t want people running around in their underwear in game. The nordic bathing towel is the closest they’ll get to letting you streak across tamriel while still technically wearing armor.

No, just no...they have the default underwear, so you can't go completely naked and anyone is already free to strip down to what they allow as the minimum clothing, so again, no that isn't the reason.
    Edited by ck37090 on December 23, 2020 6:20PM
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At least make more armor options that expose tat areas like they did with Sai Sahon's chest piece. I'd like that one if the belt wasn't so high it looks like a back brace.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kesstryl wrote: »
    At least make more armor options that expose tat areas like they did with Sai Sahon's chest piece. I'd like that one if the belt wasn't so high it looks like a back brace.

Yep, and the crotch flap makes it incompatible with many looks.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU