Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Moon Rising quest - constant crashing on Dragonhold

Dracoiratus
Dracoiratus
Soul Shriven
I'm trying to complete the New Moon Rising quest. I have made it through the Jonelight path onto Dragonhold and the game then crashes every few seconds. I experienced 5 crashes (BSOD) in around 3 minutes of uptime.

The first two occurred while exploring the area around the arrival point and making my way to Khamira and Nahfahlaar, the remaining 3 while trying to talk to Khamira. On the last occasion I'd barely started the conversation with Khamira when it happened. When I finally go back into the game again I fast travelled away and the game remained largely stable after that.

As the situation stands this quest is impossible to complete. I have read somewhere that it is possible to get through it if you are will ing to accept the crashes and push on through. However given how long it takes to get back into the game each time, I am not willing to waste my time doing that.

Playing on PS4 with all the latest updates.
  • Green_Dbg1991
    The quest continues to crash on me every time I attempt. I raised a ticket some time ago but don't think anything has been done to resolve. I've just revisited and abandonded the quest in the hope that I might progress it further this time
  • Green_Dbg1991
    No luck game still crashes as soon as I leave the moonlight path.

PC

Will raise another Bug Report
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey folks,

We wanted to let you know that we are aware of this issue and our team is currently working on a fix. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • GreneBene
    GreneBene
    ✭✭
    That's a dash of good news :D
  • jungle_pumab14_ESO
    jungle_pumab14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Tried running this yesterday, got 3/4s through and it crashed. Took me right back to the beginning.

Now it crashes before I even get to the 1st portal, tried lowering video settings to no avail.
  • BjornTheRipper
    BjornTheRipper
    Soul Shriven
    Having CTD happen on the third Dark Aeon Focal Point.
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Having CTD happen on the third Dark Aeon Focal Point.

Same, and then during the fight with the Boss. Hope this gets fixed today.
  • Fares_B
    Fares_B
    Im posting this in case anyone reads this later. 6 months since my first character did the New Moon Rising Quest. At the time it was glitched and crashed. Now, with my second character, everything went smoothly and I was able to enjoy the story to it’s fullest without any glitches or crashes.

Thank you for fixing this.