Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Destruction Comes to Tamriel During ESO’s 2021 Global Reveal Event!"

• Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article "Destruction Comes to Tamriel During ESO’s 2021 Global Reveal Event!"

Error 404 page not found
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wish Bethesda would move away from this banter/interview style of information release. I don't want to watch two people talk to each other. This ends up feeling like a situation in which the players are listening in on someone else having a conversation. It's a lot better when the team members are directly addressing the camera (the players/community) rather than essentially ignoring the camera (players/community) and instead conducting a fake "interview" with each other. The interview feels uncomfortable and non-engaging as a viewer.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh my god, they're reverting the healing changes I could cry.
  • SerraKBella
    SerraKBella
    ✭✭✭
    renne wrote: »

Me too! But I do not think it will be in time for Mid-Year Mayhem. Sounded like update 29.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Me too! But I do not think it will be in time for Mid-Year Mayhem. Sounded like update 29.

I mean, they did do it on an absolutely random patch, it could literally be done on the patch today/tonight/tomorrow/what are timezones I just don't know. :D
  • SerraKBella
    SerraKBella
    ✭✭✭

I mean, they did do it on an absolutely random patch, it could literally be done on the patch today/tonight/tomorrow/what are timezones I just don't know. :D

I agree. I really wish they would change it back before Mid-Year Mayhem. It would be so nice to have that back for this event.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

It'll be before Update 29 launches, but we aren't able to make the changes before Midyear Mayhem begins tomorrow.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It'll be before Update 29 launches, but we aren't able to make the changes before Midyear Mayhem begins tomorrow.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Did you announce the new event ticket system or is it the same this time around?
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Maythor
    Maythor
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

So is this reversal of the PVP healing restrictions going to be /just/ for the no-proc testing, or is it a full and forever reversal?

When Brian Wheeler mentioned it in the ESO live he said during the no-proc test, healing restrictions would be reverted, yet above you seemed to intimate that it would be totally reverted for all PVP play in Cyrodiil?
    Edited by Maythor on January 27, 2021 3:25PM
  • Matthros
    Matthros
    ✭✭✭
    How do I claim the Viridescent Dragon Frog? I watched the Twitch stream yesterday with my linked account and the pet is showing in my Twitch inventory but it's not appearing in game. I received my crates though and the redeem code for the pet in the email I received isn't working.
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maythor wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

So is this reversal of the PVP healing restrictions going to be /just/ for the no-proc testing, or is it a full and forever reversal?

When Brian Wheeler mentioned it in the ESO live he said during the no-proc test, healing restrictions would be reverted, yet above you seemed to intimate that it would be totally reverted for all PVP play in Cyrodiil?

They did say that the change to healing did not provide a noticeable change to the servers load, so I think it's a forever as anything in eso is.
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • ospray315
    ospray315
    Was anyone else able to claim the drops from the reveal?
    Tried last night after the main stream finished and again today, but keeps giving a page error and now a 'unknown error'. Disabled adblock and script blocks, but still no change.

Is it just bugged or is twitch as incompetent as everyone (on youtube ironically) claims it to be?
  • Maythor
    Maythor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drops seem to be broken on mobile, I didn't see any drops until I opened the stream on my PC.
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was watching the event on my phone and got pet as well as crates. Pet was just in my collections, didn't have to do anything to get it once I logged into the game.
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Matthros wrote: »
    How do I claim the Viridescent Dragon Frog? I watched the Twitch stream yesterday with my linked account and the pet is showing in my Twitch inventory but it's not appearing in game. I received my crates though and the redeem code for the pet in the email I received isn't working.

I caught it late on my phone. It now occurs to me I probably wasn't logged into twitch because I didn't get anything.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • VoodooPlatypus
    VoodooPlatypus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, according to Twitch, I claimed 2 crates and the Viridescent Dragon Frog. None appear in my inventory or collections despite Twitch clearly showing the account being linked.
  • Valerien
    Valerien
    ✭✭✭
    I know its probably a vein hope, but for this year of expansion can the story put our character first and foremost so I feel like its 'my adventure' and 'my story.'

It seems since defeating Molag Bal, its been a tale of aiding a Princess claim her destiny, redeem the living dead, aiding a princess become the ruler she was destined to be, helping a bearded fool forge an organisation and find true love, aid a couple of near godly beings do something (sorry Morrowind is a little vague) but you get the idea.

There is only one vestige, only one whatever title we are given, its no more lore breaking to make the story about our character than it is to find some contrived title for us and have us aid some princess do whatever it is she needs to do. In each of these year long arcs it feels less like an arc than a bunch of chapters that have us helping a bunch of strangers for some green items and a few gold. Can we see character development in the story and something more that Cold Harbour 2.0 where we plod through the same experience; maybe even some npcs our character can actually develop something close to a relationship with that marks them as something more than the provider of a few gold, xp and green items.

Everything about the game is amazing, but then I get ready for some epic story and I'm finding I'm bored as the npcs give me a great long dialogue which should be amazing but is inevitable lot of talk about them and their customs or history that has nothing to do with me except they need me and only me to go to some placed filled with bad things and pick something up to bring them so they can do something with it to save their whatever that has nothing to do with me but here is 184 gold and a green staff, and then they are greatly thankful but I'm off to do it all over again with the next random strange who will also be eternally greatful to the sum of 184 gold and a green piece of armour.
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno would it be possible to release the b-roll of the Blackwood gameplay that was seen in the reveal event? I feel like it's given to the press every year but it would be nice if we had these in the media section of the site or something.
  • aggerdo
    aggerdo
    Soul Shriven
    When does the pet get added to inventory?
    Watched whole event and have watched drop streams since, have 7 crates and pet to receive but nothing yet.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • seecodenotgames
    seecodenotgames
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I receive the pet at the same time as the crates, so you may need to create a support ticket.
    Houses on PC EU (newest first)
    • 62. Sand Castles (Fogbreak Lighthouse) - A literal life size sand castle
    • 61. Riften Meadery (Old Mistveil Manor) - A new meadery has opened outside Riften
    • 60. Helene's Writing Room (Golden Gryphon Garret) - A small room for Helene to get some quiet writing time
    • 59. Picnic at Pelin (Black Vine Villa) - Based on the lore book Picnic at Pelin (A Horror Story)
    • 58. Almalexias Temple (Forsaken Stronghold) - A Dunmer Tower with a shrine to the three
    • 57. Pirate New Life For Me (Highhallow Hold) - A pirate tavern where they gift you loot
    • 56. Woodvine Cathedral (Agony's Ascent) - A living cathedral thriving in the Deadlands
    • 55. Dark Elf Town House (Quondam Indorilia) - A small and cosy town house on the edge of Mournhold
    • 54. The Secret Tower (Exorcised Coven Cottage) - A hidden mage tower in the swamps on the Hag Fen
    • 53. Knight Club (Frostvault Chasm) - A disco in a dwarven mineshaft
    • 52. Dwemer Cave City (The Erstwhile Sanctuary) - A lost dwarven city has been found deep underground
    • 51. Alinor Gryphon Aerie (Colossal Aldmeri Grotto) - A place where gryphons are trained
    • 50. The Charred Towers (Doomchar Plateau) - Deadlands themed fortress with two towers and custom furniture
    • 49. Argonian Sea Town (Tel Galen) - An Argonian sea port
    • 48. Daedric Princess Tower (Seaveil Spire) - An underwater tower dedicated to the Daedric Prince Meridia
    • 47. Fargrave Observatory (Ossa Accentium) - An observatory in the portal realm of Fargrave
    • 46. Hundings Beach House (Hundings Palatial Hall) - Beach house and hottub
    • 45. Crystal Gardens (Snugpod) - Enchanted Gardens with crystalline trees
    • 44. Dawnlight Health Spa (Princely Dawnlight Palace) - Our spa waters are revitalising and ready to heal your aching body
    • 43. Mountainside Retreat (Pariah's Pinnacle) - An orc mountainside hall with an amazing view
    • 42. Volcanic Vile Villa (Kushalit Sanctuary) - A private hollowed out volcano for all your mad alchemist needs
    • 41. Arenthian Water Temple (Strident Springs Demesne) - A relaxing water temple outside Arenthia
    • 40. Woodland Cottage (Ald Velothi Harbor House) - A house in a tree, but not a treehouse
    • 39. Winter Snow Meadhall (Enchanted Snow Globe Home) - A winter meadhall has opened to get everyone in the festive mood
    • 38. Fire and Ice Hotel (Elinhir Private Arena) - An new hotel has opened with an ice bar and a lava room
    • 37. City of Princes (Pantherfang Chapel) - Citadese is under attack from a dragon invasion. Prince Tarvia is leading the escape through the sewers.
    • 36. Dark Brotherhood Home (Stay-Moist Mansion) - A Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary found beneath an Argonian village
    • 35. Volkihar Courtyard (Velothi Reverie) - A castle courtyard modelled on the famous Volkihar Castle in Skyrim
    • 34. Rada's Summer Getaway (Potentate's Retreat) - A Redguard mansion with a dark vampiric secret in the basement
    • 33. Cascadia Wine N Dine (Sweetwater Cascades) - Vineyard and meadery with two restaurants and a chapel
    • 32. Walled Kitchen Garden (Amaya Lake Lodge) - Fresh produce and cut flowers for sale. Hot food served in a family restaurant.
    • 31. Luckycat Summerhouse (Lucky Cat Landing) - A khajiiti villa with spa and dining
    • 30. Helene's Boutique (Water's Edge) - The famous dressmaker has opened a new dress shop in town
    • 29. Alinor Garden Party (Mathiisen Manor) - A party in the flower gardens of a Altmer noble's manor
    • 28. Markarth Bath House (Stone Eagle Aerie) - A relaxing spa and bath house with an arts and craft centre
    • 27. Treeboat house (The Gorinir Estate) - No one know how an imperial ship ended up in the treetops
    • 26. Varlaisvea College (Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins) - An ancient library has been discovered deep inside an Ayleid ruin
    • 25. City on the Moon (The Orbservatory Prior) - Moonbase with housing and an inn under the stars
    • 24. Lakemire Water Gardens (Lakemire Xanmeer Manor) - Relaxing hanging gardens and a fish restaurant beneath the Xanmeer
    • 23. Hircine's Hunt Club (Hunters Glade) - A relaxing villa for werewolves to feast in the ever refilling hunting grounds
    • 22. Lost Dwarven Kingdom (Shalidor’s Shrouded Realm) - A lost Dwemer king's palace has been found in a mage's pocket realm
    • 21. Replaced with 54. The Secret Tower
    • 20. Topal Fishing Resort (Grand Topal Hideaway) - A resort in the middle of a fishing lake on a private island
    • 19. Castleton Manor (Alinor Crest Townhouse) - The home of Lord Castleton and his daughter Sonja
    • 18. Cave of BBQ N Ribs (Earthtear Cavern) - A secret rocky dome, hosts a BBQ and ribs restaurant
    • 17. Who Lived in a Shoe (The Ample Domicile) - There was an old reach witch who lived in a shoe
    • 16. Dwemer Party Tower (Hall of the Lunar Champion - Lion's Cradle) - A dwarven flying tower repurposed for parties
    • 15. A Taste of Alinor (Sleek Creek House) - A small piece of Alinor beside a creek
    • 14. Lava Submarine Base (Bastion Sanguinaris) - An evil vampire alchemy lab, accessible only via a lava submarine
    • 13. Spirit-tree Library (Wraithhome) - A library built atop an ancient forest within an ancient Daedric ruin
    • 12. Golden Beach Palace (Thieves' Oasis) - A dwarven inspired Redguard beach resort
    • 11. Mad Scientists House (Cyrodilic Jungle House) - Workshop and garage with an experimental De-lore-ean
    • 10. Big Toy House (Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery) - Two life sized doll's houses and a inn beneath the stairs
    • 9. Icy Falls Inn (Forgemaster Falls) - Two Nord lodges on a lake, serving mead and fresh fish
    • 8. Blue-ice Palace (Stillwaters Retreat) - Solitude, but on a frozen lake
    • 7. Mushroom Manor (Coldharbour Surreal Estate) - Dunmer house built from giant mushrooms
    • 6. Vampire Academy with wine bar (Daggerfall Overlook) - Come for the nibbles; stay for eternity
    • 5. Three Pillows War (Grymharth's Woe) - Re-enact the three banners war with pillow forts and floof balls
    • 4. Treefern House (Moon-sugar meadow) - Giant treefern treehouse
    • 3. Artaeum Theatre/Opera housel (Grand Psijic Manor) - Tiered Balcony
    • 2. Imperial Bridal Suite (Linchal Grand Manor) - Wedding venue with bridal suite extension
    • 1. Dragonguard Penthouse (Jode's Embrace) - 3 Extra floors, with indoor conservatory and top floor gym
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrong thread, sorry.
    Edited by Kiyakotari on February 8, 2021 1:18AM