The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Seeing the vAA Lightning Storm Atronach Safe Pad

winged_tortoise
When fighting the Lightning Storm Atronach in VAA I'm having a hard time seeing which pad lights up and ending up one shotted more than I would like. Any recommendations on how to see the safe pad?

I'm Stamina DPS and am usually right in close and cant see the five pads. I see when he lifts his arm and arches his back, but I don't always see which pad to go to and often get there a heart beat too late. What do you do to see all the pads? Thanks!!
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing you can try is have your camera zoomed out completely, and when he does his telling move, turn left/bridge/top right/bottom right, if it's not in any of those, instictively move backwards, and you will land on the entance pad, since DDs are usually positioned on that side of the atro.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    One thing you can try is have your camera zoomed out completely, and when he does his telling move, turn left/bridge/top right/bottom right, if it's not in any of those, instictively move backwards, and you will land on the entance pad, since DDs are usually positioned on that side of the atro.

I’ll add that the FOV slider can also help see more of your surroundings. Or go even further and use an ultra wide or triple monitor setup :smile:
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When he lifts his arms, literally just spin your camera around the room. There's only 5 places the aoe can spawn. Also, there have been bugs where the pad literally just doesn't light up at all, so you just have to follow everyone else at that point.
  • winged_tortoise
    Thanks guys!!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »

I’ll add that the FOV slider can also help see more of your surroundings. Or go even further and use an ultra wide or triple monitor setup :smile:

Also, if the tank plants their back to the rock the group is near two of the circles and if done right I think melee can get some damage done while is the near circle.