The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

AKAVIRI POTENTATE CROWN CRATE

washbern
washbern
✭✭✭✭
Is it me, but these are the ugliest mounts to ever be introduced into the game?

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/59277

I mean... we had mounts with horns, and they were ok... but this is uhm.... excessive.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some seasons are great, some are awful. This one is definitely awful. But I kind of feel relieved when I can look at a new array of apex mounts and not resent that I'll never get one because the RNG hates me, and I don't feel even slightly tempted to use up crates just to get the gems to buy any of them. Thank goodness. I'm still recovering from this last season of stuff I actually wanted, it's nice to get a break.
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, this one would truly love a senche mount with bull horns. /sarcasm
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    washbern wrote: »
    Is it me, but these are the ugliest mounts to ever be introduced into the game?

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/59277

I mean... we had mounts with horns, and they were ok... but this is uhm.... excessive.

Ugly, yes, but the Peryite mounts might be the ugliest. At least these new mounts fit the TES world better than the odd glowing ones that are everywhere now. :unamused:
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually kind of like the horned, mohawk senche.
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like da bear
  • winterscrolls229prerb18_ESO
    Eso is strange. I've got about 3 or 4 mounts that i consider absolutely spectacular. Amazing creations and close to perfect.

Yet i can only use one, the cloud leopard senche. Seriously i bought 2 direct purchase mounts because they were in my eyes absolutely perfect... zero use. I keep trying them and putting them back before the end of a play session.

I really have to come to the happy realisation that i only need one mount in this game.

I think its because of the running animation.. its crap for anything but senches (don't have a guar / kaguti admittedly). Then the cloud leopard is the best. End of story.

EDIT: By crap i mean they look really absolutely stupid as probably a nod to skyrim, but no fail. And the running animation doesn't match BOTH the speed at which you're going, and the footstep sound.
    Edited by winterscrolls229prerb18_ESO on December 9, 2020 5:26AM
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love how they put all the armor in 16 gem tier except for helmets, which are 100 gems. Pretty awful if you ask me. Hook someone on easy to obtain style only to go "Sike! You want that helmet? Pay up!".
    Edited by Michae on December 9, 2020 8:38AM
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion a lockdown affects the artists' inspiration so it makes sense to deliver unimaginative content.
    Edited by MajThorax on December 9, 2020 9:22AM
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This entire year will be boring its cyrodil. As ugly cliche and boring as it gets and colovia the most boring uninteresting part of the entire map. I too feel relieved and will save for black marsh year. Please don't make me wait through hammerfell year as well. These are all the least interesting most boring provinces up there with high rock and wrothgar.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aptonoth wrote: »
    This entire year will be boring its cyrodil. As ugly cliche and boring as it gets and colovia the most boring uninteresting part of the entire map. I too feel relieved and will save for black marsh year. Please don't make me wait through hammerfell year as well. These are all the least interesting most boring provinces up there with high rock and wrothgar.
    Boring is relative. Lots of people found cats for a whole year, and vampires and more vampires boring as well! :smile: I think ESO's 'year-long' thematic milking structure they started doing is just inherently more boring than the variety we had in earlier years (e.g. Summerset and Murkmire in the same year). A whole year of lizards and croaking voices will be equally boring.

That said, yeah the new Crown Crate is pretty niche. I think a lot of weeab-- people would have liked straight up Akaviri stuff, and I know there are a lot of Classics fans out there who would have liked Imperial stuff too. :wink: But this batch had a bit of an identity crisis, and the helm aesthetic isn't particularly pleasing to look at for the general audience.

So it's a bit of a miss. I'm definitely looking forward to the hair, and the adornments though!

+1 boring.

Depends on how well they execute it i guess.. but when you pull in a mainstream reference into a fictional world there are too many mental associations that already flood into peoples minds.. so the game has to work many multiples of times harder than it should to convince you it belongs in its world. Think pandas in wow.

The roman empire has everything from history, museums, age of empires, the total war games, oh wait, this is valid elder scrolls? Prove it.

I've only just gone to neutral (from offensive) about vampires in elder scrolls..
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    Boring is relative. Lots of people found cats for a whole year, and vampires and more vampires boring as well! :smile: I think ESO's 'year-long' thematic milking structure they started doing is just inherently more boring than the variety we had in earlier years (e.g. Summerset and Murkmire in the same year). A whole year of lizards and croaking voices will be equally boring.

That said, yeah the new Crown Crate is pretty niche. I think a lot of weeab-- people would have liked straight up Akaviri stuff, and I know there are a lot of Classics fans out there who would have liked Imperial stuff too. :wink: But this batch had a bit of an identity crisis, and the helm aesthetic isn't particularly pleasing to look at for the general audience.

So it's a bit of a miss. I'm definitely looking forward to the hair, and the adornments though!

Yes, count me among the people that would have potentially enjoyed a horse in Akavir armor. I don't have any samurai themed characters, but I might have made one. "Identity crisis" is a good way of putting it. I don't personally like the Roman aesthetic at all, and I'm sure people that wanted that are disappointed, too. They got so wrapped up in whether they could, they didn't stop to think of whether they should. :P
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer these over all the glowy, undead, fungi etc garbage. These at least look normal, even though they got silly helmets on.

The guar is actually adorable in its helmet.
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on December 10, 2020 3:59PM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I prefer these over all the glowy, undead, fungi etc garbage. These at least look normal, even though they got silly helmets on.

Maybe they need a hide helm option on mounts
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I love Cyrodiil/imperial stuff but akaviri is not my style, I'm hoping later in 2021 there will be more imperial style things to my liking. From these crates I like literally one item, the mara butterfly
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe they need a hide helm option on mounts

It should be the stamina upgrade in my opinion, so we can hide it if we want to.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love Cyrodiil/imperial stuff but akaviri is not my style, I'm hoping later in 2021 there will be more imperial style things to my liking. From these crates I like literally one item, the mara butterfly

*nods*. Less Akaviri and a lot more Nibenese and Colovian, please.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have yet to see a crate exclusive mount that I really liked. Granted, I do have the one mount that if someone does not have it they are not going to get it, but still have found better mounts in the general crown store better than the crate offerings.
    Yep. The butterfly was it.

The glenmoril body markings could have been interesting but they look horrific in game.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is the first crown crate series where there's not a single thing that I would bother with. The horns on every mount just look really silly.
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    Some seasons are great, some are awful. This one is definitely awful. But I kind of feel relieved when I can look at a new array of apex mounts and not resent that I'll never get one because the RNG hates me, and I don't feel even slightly tempted to use up crates just to get the gems to buy any of them. Thank goodness. I'm still recovering from this last season of stuff I actually wanted, it's nice to get a break.

I feel disappointed like I have nothing to look forward to in game for a while until the next season.
    The only thing I really want that's been data mined is an Altmer Shimmerine dress but god knows when that will be released..
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where's my spider mount.
  • jimmulvaney
    jimmulvaney
    ✭✭✭
    Michae wrote: »
    I love how they put all the armor in 16 gem tier except for helmets, which are 100 gems. Pretty awful if you ask me. Hook someone on easy to obtain style only to go "Sike! You want that helmet? Pay up!".

Just saw this myself, really pissed me off. Now I'm not gonna bother spending anything on these crates. Just to spite ZOS. So what they are saying is that even though literally every other piece is worth 16 gems, the helm (which many people look at first because it is the initial impression your char makes) has the same value as legendary mounts and pets? Nah, I don't think so.
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This crown crate season was very boring to say the least.
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only like the pink butterfly and I won't pay 16 gems for that. I think I'm fully weaned off the crown crates unless there's something extra special at a later date.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • TheDuke
    TheDuke
    ✭✭
    I think the ugliest mount award goes to the dragon scale crown creates.
  • Silaf
    Silaf
    ✭✭✭✭
    LadyAstrum wrote: »
    I only like the pink butterfly and I won't pay 16 gems for that. I think I'm fully weaned off the crown crates unless there's something extra special at a later date.

The campfire memento is something new and really good for roleplay. Probably is worth purchasing that one...
  • KaGaOri
    KaGaOri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't like the apex mounts at all. It's the unappealing color scheme + bit incoherent mishmash of components which just don't gel well together, imho.

As a bonus the horse's equipement gives me migrane when ever I look at it - those reins are attached to WHAT? To nose area of the armor AND to second spot somewhere up on the head? How is pulling those supposed to tell horse what rider wants? Why is the cinch so far back? To hurt horse's stomach? Make sure the saddle won't stay in place and will turn over with the rider? To stop horse from breathing? No, wait - the round piece of metal high up on front of the neck, pressing on trachea, has that covered already. You wouldn't want the horse to put it's head down EVER after all (like eating/drinking, walking uphill, jumping, running ...). Can ZOS please hire someone who actually ever saw horse irl already? (Sorry for the rant, just equestrian dying inside a little here :s ).
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TheDuke wrote: »
    I think the ugliest mount award goes to the dragon scale crown creates.
    I think that 'honor' goes to the Hollowjack mounts :lol:

Dragonscale and Akaviri mounts get away with having some really weird and questionable armor design decisions... but Holowjack mounts take off your character's head while you mount them and replace them with a pumpkin in your hand. Truly bizarre and non-lore-friendly imo.

I just hope the Potentate mounts aren't an indication of ESO's design direction for 2021. I hope we will get a proper Imperial style (and a separate Akaviri one, if they must) not this Japanese-Roman-nightmare fusion. Instead of pleasing everybody, it will please nobody - stuff would be too Japanese for Empire-fans, and too Imperial for Japan-fans.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have one thing to say and I cannot say it enough:
    I do not like cat mounts with the stubby tail. [snip]

[Edited to remove Spamming]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on December 26, 2020 3:05PM
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--