The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

And again crashes from the game

Iskander_14
Iskander_14
Soul Shriven
And again crashes from the game. After the technical work on December 7, nothing has changed - it is impossible to play. Every 3-5 minutes the game closes with an error. And it is at a certain time-after 17: 00 UTC, everything is normalized. Why???
  • charmtrapb14a_ESO
    charmtrapb14a_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Getting persistent crashes here too. The incredibly informative "An error has occurred" one.

Was there a patch on December 7? I didn't notice anything download.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    For those still running into crashes after the recent patch and maintenance, please try the troubleshooting in the link below.

What do I do if ESO is crashing with the error "ESO has stopped working"?

If the basic crash troubleshooting is not helping, you can proceed to opening a ticket with
    customer support.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • sireneloreley
    sireneloreley
    Soul Shriven
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    For those still running into crashes after the recent patch and maintenance, please try the troubleshooting in the link below.

What do I do if ESO is crashing with the error "ESO has stopped working"?

If the basic crash troubleshooting is not helping, you can proceed to opening a ticket with
    customer support.

Is it some kind of an april joke? Minimum system requirements, really? All the raid groups I know still have crashing issues after Markarth update. We can't continue our achievement progressions: we crash minimum once per run so we must restart. And it happens on monster machines that are far above your minimum requirements. Personally, I have rtx2060s, Intel i7-6700K, 16gb DDR4, SSD, up-to-date drivers and OS. Isn't it enough for 2014 year game? It isn't, eh? And I crash even after your "fixes".

You can't just close eyes and pretend that everything is working. Your loyal player base will leave. Let the developers do the job they are paid for, don't tell us fairytales about fixing trials.

Gosh I love the game but I think with this customer support even I will leave as all my old in-game friends did already
  • redsaaryn
    redsaaryn
    ✭✭
    I was doing the quest of the aeon something and I was in the part where I go with khamira to kill the last dragon and the game crashes after a few seconds of entering the dragon hold it says the program stopped working.

Managed to escape the crash loop and the quest stage with the deadly crash to desktop is

"We reached Dragonhold. Now to talk to Khamira and determine how we're going to stop Kaalgrontiid from becoming the Dark Aeon.
    Objective: Talk to Khamira"

Once I got there it took between 3-5 seconds for the game to crash to desktop i was extra lucky and managed to travel to a way shrine before it crashed otherwise I would have been stuck there...
  • Alexey
    Alexey
    Soul Shriven
    Using wall of frost in trials cause random people crashed
  • GreneBene
    GreneBene
    ✭✭
    redsaaryn wrote: »
    I was doing the quest of the aeon something and I was in the part where I go with khamira to kill the last dragon and the game crashes after a few seconds of entering the dragon hold it says the program stopped working.

Managed to escape the crash loop and the quest stage with the deadly crash to desktop is

"We reached Dragonhold. Now to talk to Khamira and determine how we're going to stop Kaalgrontiid from becoming the Dark Aeon.
    Objective: Talk to Khamira"

Once I got there it took between 3-5 seconds for the game to crash to desktop i was extra lucky and managed to travel to a way shrine before it crashed otherwise I would have been stuck there...

This. I've been trying to complete Dragonhold for a month now but cannot because of this crash. And like mentioned, unless I teleport away I get stuck there when I reload and have to speed run out of the portal and back to the Dragonguard Sanctum.

Any information on when this will be fixed would be nice x.x If it was a side quest, I wouldn't be so ticked off, but this is hindering actual in-game progress :( I've sent a ticket three times and brought it up in the crashes to desktop thread. Honestly don't know what else to do.
  • jrobnett12
    I am having the same issue with the game closing to the desktop while I am trying to complete the quest New Moon Rising. I am able to talk to Khamira but as soon as I start to any type of combat I am kicked out of the game to the desktop. I have tried several attempts to complete this quest with no luck.

I guess I will not be finishing Dragonhold until the issue is resolved.
  • Sprotch_16_ESO
    Sprotch_16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Having the same issue in the Dragonhold quest.
    The game always crashes to desktop when I start the battle for the third Dark Aeon Focal point. No error, no messagebox, directly crash to desktop.
    I disabled ALL my addons, still no joy. When I start the fight for the third focal point, I'm instantly thrown back to the desktop.

Well, Dragonhold will have to wait I guess....
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I crash daily, PS5 NA.

It has happened to me so much now and for so Long I consider it a feature.

The gaming telling me time to take a little break while sending in error report and restarting the game, logging in and so forth. Time to go to the bathroom get a drink, look at my phone or just quit for the day, stuff like that.

Come to accepted it for what it is. Give up being mad or upset about it. To desensitized by it because it has happened so much and for so long.

All hope is lost.

"You will be assimilated” (Borg from Star Trek)

Stay safe and have fun crashing💥