The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Why are super hard DLC dungeons and trivial baby dungeons in the same queue?

Pixative
Pixative
✭✭
You might get Fungal Grotto I. You might get March of Sacrifices. Tonight it was the latter. I should have left the instant I saw the name on my screen, I know I don't belong in that dungeon with my gear and skill level. Screwed the other three people by matching me with them, too. Bad feels all around.

And it's not necessarily like I'd prefer FG1, it's so easy it's not satisfying. I always get stuck in places like this in games where the early endgame gets boring and the next step up feels like a brick wall. Being bad sucks.
Edited by Pixative on December 8, 2020 2:33PM
  • Calm_Fury
    Calm_Fury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pixative wrote: »
    You might get Fungal Grotto I. You might get March of Sacrifices. Tonight it was the latter. I should have left the instant I saw the name on my screen, I know I don't belong in that dungeon with my gear and skill level. Screwed the other three people by matching me with them, too. Bad feels all around.

And it's not necessarily like I'd prefer FG1, it's so easy it's not satisfying. I always get stuck in places like this in games where the early endgame gets boring and the next step up feels like a brick wall. Being bad sucks.

The difficulty gap has always been a problem with ESO. The gap between normal and vet is extremely wide.

So wide, in fact, that trying to do some things on normal, like nMA or normal trials is basically useless to teach you the real thing.

For dungeons, I do think they started to address that. The last 4 DLC dungeons are easier than some of the vDLC in the past like Frostvault and MHK.
  • CrashTest
    CrashTest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because random isn't based on difficulty but on random.

To avoid DLCs in your random daily pool:

- Unsubscribe from ESO+
    - Don't buy DLCs
    - Use alts that can't access DLCs
    - Group with someone who can't access DLCs
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any difference in rewards between normal and vet randoms? If not, I see no problem, I've duo-ed all the dungeons and the only one that was "super hard" was MHK and that one was solved by increasing my BF's tankiness.
    And I'm a potato. Not a complete one, but still. 99% of hardness is someone not knowing mechanics which is easily solved unless they insist on ignoring them
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate saying it, but the first thing I thought when I saw the title to this thread was...

Because random?

You can choose which dungeon you want, but if you go random. You get what you get.

• MirandaSharp
    MirandaSharp
    ✭✭✭✭
    Belegnole wrote: »
    I hate saying it, but the first thing I thought when I saw the title to this thread was...

Because random?

You can choose which dungeon you want, but if you go random. You get what you get.

The result is everyone does their dailies on "normal", leaving the newbies in the dust trying to survive the onslaught of trash mobs no one cared to bother with....
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget that just because you queued for random does not mean the others did. It could have been 3 queuing for Moon Hunter Keep and you were random and filled as their 4th. Or, it could have been 2 queuing for Fungal Grotto II and you were random and filled. Or, it could have been 4 people who all queued for random. Or, it could be one player who queued for Frostvault and 3 randoms.

A lot of the time, your "random" is someone else's specific dungeon. So it can be other players kind of choosing the dungeon, rather than it truly being random. If they split the random queues into like difficulty tiers or something, it would make it harder and more time-consuming for people choosing specific dungeons to get others to fill out group.

Basically, I think ZOS go for trying to get group filled and into dungeon as fast as possible, over waiting longer for the ideal candidate.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nairinhe wrote: »
    Is there any difference in rewards between normal and vet randoms? If not, I see no problem, I've duo-ed all the dungeons and the only one that was "super hard" was MHK and that one was solved by increasing my BF's tankiness.
    And I'm a potato. Not a complete one, but still. 99% of hardness is someone not knowing mechanics which is easily solved unless they insist on ignoring them

Vet rewards are purple drops and monster helms from the final boss. The chests in a vet dungeon also aren't lower than intermediate, so will always have something from the sets in them, unlike trash chests.
  • Stahlor
    Stahlor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...and why do you get the same amount of keys and this ridiculous blue geode for DLC hardmodes? And why do you get lots of these golden geodes as a reward for just being part of a zerg conquering a keep in Cyrodiil?
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Because you get the gold geode at the end of a 30 day campaign you have set as your home campaign and only then.

You don't get "lots" of gold geodes for "just being part of a zerg conquering a keep in Cyrodiil". You get one for tier one, and two more ONLY if you're good enough to be in the top 10%, per character that achieves at minimum tier one.
  • Stahlor
    Stahlor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    renne wrote: »
    Because you get the gold geode at the end of a 30 day campaign you have set as your home campaign and only then.

I'm not talking about the 50 transmute stone geode at the end of the campaign. You get these lower golden ones in your message box for conquering keeps.
  • gronkdamage
    gronkdamage
    ✭✭✭
    Pixative wrote: »
    I just have to say I agree with this - we're currently building up our gear: We're at the point where for FG, we don't even need a tank - in fact I solo'd it with my nightblade (using a solo build/werewolf - at 45) with little effort... Then last night, I forget what dungeon it was, but it just plain wrecked us on the final boss - we had to give up. Admittedly, we just didn't know the fight yet, as we're still learning.

Having said that, I have no idea how you'd fix it. It's too bad the game doesn't have better matchmaking. (sticking the freshly new minted level 50 in a dungeon with 3 other players that have 800 CP just seems stupid...)

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is no such thing as a group that would find both FG1 and MHK a fun challenge. That's true on normal; it's also true on vet.

Random dungeons should be grouped into 3 or 4 buckets, not just 2, for example:
    1. Normal non-DLC.
    2. Vet non-DLC or normal DLC.
    3. Vet DLC.

I'd queue mainly for Tier 2 if they did that, or Tier 1 if I was on a particularly weak character.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on February 2, 2021 2:18AM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, if I'm on a lowbie, I stop doing random normals at level 45 and don't touch them again until I hit 50 and get my cp ranks added in. Mechanically, you tend to be at your weakest at level 45 right when they throw DLC's into the pool.