The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Bow Setup

Sixsixsix161
Sixsixsix161
✭✭✭
I probably shouldn't do this, but I want to make a bow character. I built a new bowazon in D2 a few days ago, and the bug bit me lol. Looking at stuff, there are not a lot of builds around.
One thing, I need a pet to tank for me, so that narrows it down to warden or sorceress.

Since I usually play a magsorc, that would be my favorite, with the Clannfear to tank. Am I ok so far?

Character? Breton (for the mana and stuff), Redguard, or Imperial? Magic or Stamina??

I take it that once I use a bow, it will show up on the weapons list and I can get the bow-specific abilities from there?

With a pet tanking, there will only be 4 slots left on the front bar - is that enough?

What is the best Ult? I can use one of the magsorc U, or one specific to the bow use.

I thought I'd put some sorc abilities on the back with a healing staff, to take care of any enemy who gets close to me. Like a healing staff, clannfear, and the magsorc flying thingy, and a few DPS abilities.

If I absolutely need to put melee abilities on the back, then this adventure ends. I can handle a front bar, and some stuff (i.e., healing, and some spells) on the back bar. But having two bars with spells I cannot do.

Another option would be to use a warden, with a similar front bar, and then magward abilities on the back with a healing staff?

I'm used to playing with a clannfear tanking, but if a warden and his bear is better, I'll give it a shot. I've played a warden, and it seems to me the clannfear is more responsive.

Any help is appreciated.

• Provin915
    Provin915
    ✭✭✭
    Check this topic. It pretty much contains all the relevant info about bow builds until now.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/381498/everything-needed-to-know-about-bow-bow-in-pve-updated-for-stonethorn#latest

• Sixsixsix161
    Sixsixsix161
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the reply.

I made a stamward and stamsorc. Eventually, after playing both for a few days, I settled on the stamsorc. The sorc pet is better at holding aggro the the ward bear - in my opinion. Also, getting the free healing from the sorc pet is really a life saver.

Of course, I felt I would prefer the sorc pet because I have a mostly sorc characters, so I was more familiar with that pet than with the ward bear.

I Googled the different builds and found a great build for a stamsorc with pet, one bar-setup.

Thanks again.

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been happier with my non-warden bow-bow builds since I started using Silver Shards as my spammable.

It even has merit on a warden, which is my favorite bow-bow class by far of the four of I've tried (omissions: sorcerer and templar).