Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Remove 1 flag from domination!!

buzzclops
buzzclops
✭✭✭
I really think domination should have 1 less flag to force players to actually fight for them and to strategize better. This is the only mode thats a complete joke because when you get stuck in a real fight for just 15 secs youre actually wasting time. Its better to die respawn and run away from the fights and cap empty flags. Kills all the fun! Crazy king is similar but honestly not as bad
Edited by buzzclops on December 7, 2020 9:30PM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t play BGs a lot, but my interpretation of this is to discourage the whole team from staying together. There’s some strategy in sending 1 to stealth capture while 3 fight, or to split 2 and 2 to find weak points.
  • buzzclops
    buzzclops
    ✭✭✭
    I play bgs a lot and i can assure you that it doesn’t work this way. Whatever strategy youre trying to achieve its always better to rrun away from players. Even if lets say 1 stays defending. This mode becomes a race more than anything. There is no reason to defend 1 flag tbh. You can win this mode naked with no gear/weapons lol. Its even worse on big maps like the arena or the university
    Edited by buzzclops on December 7, 2020 10:18PM
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    buzzclops wrote: »
    I play bgs a lot and i can assure you that it doesn’t work this way. Whatever strategy youre trying to achieve its always better to rrun away from players. Even if lets say 1 stays defending. This mode becomes a race more than anything. There is no reason to defend 1 flag tbh. You can win this mode naked with no gear/weapons lol. Its even worse on big maps like the arena or the university

It's because people don't have to actually grab the flag. Who ever has the most players near or on the flag will always capture it. So it's kind of silly for one player to try and defend the flag from two players or more because the flag will just turn anyway even if the guarding player is not killed.

That being said: a single person defending a flag should be able to successfully defend a flag from another single player. But I do get your point and I don't disagree with what you're saying. Racing around - especially in a mob - to quickly capture flags can be effective and it is kind of silly.
    Edited by Jeremy on December 7, 2020 11:53PM
  • buzzclops
    buzzclops
    ✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »

It's because people don't have to actually grab the flag. Who ever has the most players near or on the flag will always capture it. So it's kind of silly for one player to try and defend the flag from two players or more because the flag will just turn anyway even if the guarding player is not killed..

That is a very good point! At least in crazyking you can kinda stall them out as solo when theyre about to disappear. Maybe make it like when you take relics in ctr.
    This way you can reliably defend solo and you can also stealth cap for your team in chaotic fights when ppl dont pay attention.
    Edited by buzzclops on December 8, 2020 1:14AM
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even better idea remove domination from the game : P