The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Restart after break

alter59
alter59
✭✭
Hello everybody,

A little warning in advance: The last time I played TESO was about 5 years ago, so please bear with me if I don't understand all the terms again immediately ;) If someone would be willing to help me with my request, I'd be even more grateful therefore.

The status quo is as follows: I have a Woodelf Night Blade, which I leveled up to level 50 (Champion Rank 1 I think it was called?) before the break. - Now it displays it as level 31 (I suppose that’ s due to the recent expansions).

The build currently looks as follows and was rather messed up, if I remember correctly. Since I can currently redistribute 13 attribute, 130 skill and 31 champion points after the long break, I thought I'd do it right this time and ask beforehand.

Can you give me a few tips on how to continue the build, if I want to move towards archery and stealth with a focus on PvE?

Those are the skills I maxed out back then – meaning, they’re currently at level 50 :
  • Assassination
  • Bow
  • medium/heavy armor
  • Son of the forest
(translated from German, so sorry for any inconvenience)

Thanks a lot for your support!
  • alter59
    alter59
    ✭✭
    Totally forgot to mention the part, that's probably messed up the most...

My attributes are currently as follows:
    Magicka: 14
    Health: 18
    Stamina 19
    ... with 13 points left to distribute.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say get all you point into stamina. As an stamina nightblade you want that.

Here is some advises.
    https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-nightblade-beginner-build-pve/
    I say, you might want to get some new gear if thing goes too slow, two crafted sets say hurdling and night silence.

Get to cp 160 who is gear cap, now get new gear you will keep for some time.
    And you want an second sets of weapons, most common here is dual wield.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • alter59
    alter59
    ✭✭
    Wow, thanks a lot. I'll defo work through the guide.

Are there any major differences if I want to play two-handed instead of dual wield? Is there maybe a different guide for this as at least the rotation will be different?
  • ElCapitanAmericano
    ElCapitanAmericano
    ✭✭✭
    My main is a stamblade and I run a 2-hander for solo overland questing and world boss slaying. Stampede is great for rushing through delves and Brawler gives a damage shield every-time you swing it which helps a lot to not get one-shotted when fighting world bosses alone.

In dungeons and trials, you'll almost always want to run duel wield so you can use Whirlwind for trash pack clearing. You could get away with using a 2-hander in most normal dungeons, but in a vet dungeon (especially DLC) your tank is likely to leave the group after the first trash pull if your dps is too low.

Stamblade can be a tough class to play. I've gone through growth phases of struggling to get over 20k dps on a dummy, to 27k dps, then to 33k, to where I'm now at pulling almost 80k dps. My least favorite thing about the class is that to pull high dps in endgame content, you have to be super vigilant of your rotation and have to spend most of the time staring at your bars instead of watching and enjoying the game. It also makes it more difficult to learn and do mechanics when you're hyper focused on your bars because you are competing to keep up with a range dps whose using a 2-button rotation while he watches TV.

• alter59
    alter59
    ✭✭
    From what I've noticed so far, I totally agree. Seems like I'm having a much harder time to deal much dps than my mates do. Do you have any recommendations to avoid this problem?

• ElCapitanAmericano
    ElCapitanAmericano
    ✭✭✭
    Are you wanting to stick with Stamblade? My 9 year old son plays Magblade and regularly pulls 60%+ dps in any groups he joins and he's literally just spamming two or three buttons. Outside of dungeons he'll still go cloak and dagger while roleplaying as a thief and enjoys it just as much without being stuck in the stamina niche of skills. Magblade is arguably one of the highest PVE dps and easiest to play class in the game. You can check out https://www.esologs.com/ to see how different classes perform against each other when played by the best players.

Stamblade can still pull high DPS in PVE situations, but it takes more work. I run three different gear and skill set for dungeons and trials to maximize my dps and ensure that I'm able to keep up with the expectations of my group. The addon "dressing room" makes it a one button press to change all of your skills and gear. You just have to remember to do it and time it properly between pulls. I use a specific loadout for AOE trash pulls, single target boss, and hybrid single target / AOE situations. I'm mostly running "trifecta" groups at this point which is completing a dungeon on Veteran-Hardmode, with no deaths, and under 30 minutes and I wouldn't be able to contribute properly or even be welcome to those groups just running a single loadout as stamblade.
  • SpiritofESO
    SpiritofESO
    ✭✭✭
    alter59 wrote: »
    Wow, thanks a lot. I'll defo work through the guide.

Are there any major differences if I want to play two-handed instead of dual wield? Is there maybe a different guide for this as at least the rotation will be different?

~~~

On my Bosmer Nightblade, I LOVE dual wield Sharpened daggers (changed to look like Pit Demon swords, Pit Demon style: Battlegrounds award). However, experience has taught me that 2H Maul (changed to look like Pit Demon 2H Sword) -- and since it already has good armor penetration, I traited the Maul as Precise -- but, since ESO is best played as a Skill Mix-and-Match, I use Dizzying Swing (stun out of Sneak, plus Knockdown to follow up) and Brawler (cone attack plus damage shield, spammable) with Ambush and Shadowy Disguise and Ultimate Incapacitating Strike. Resolving Vigor is my stamina heal.

In dungeons I switch to Rally, and in PVE I see 51,000+ damage on the opening hit out of Sneak -- it's brutal. So, one out of three enemy NPCs dead, then Brawler with cone attack plus the insta-damage shield, which, as a squishy, I totally love.

In dungeons, with large crowds of enemies I get a FULL healthbar damage shield -- spammable! :smiley:

So, while I still LOVE DW Daggers, I have to say that for practical purposes I go with a big MAUL and a mix of skills -- which is one of the BEST things in ESO, the ability to individualize your character's skills. :smiley:

~~~

Controller setup which I find useful from character to character --> Square, Triangle, Circle are my three attacks. Pick the best and you won't need more.

L1 and R1 --> Utility skills: Shadowy Disguise and Resolving Vigor.

Naturally, L1+R1 is the Ultimate. When I am feeling "wolfy" I put Werewolf Berserker (most people seem to like Pack Leader), otherwise it's Incapacitating Strike.

Bow is my backbar -- nothing unusual here -- Focused Aim, Magnum Shot, Poison Injection (or Acid Spray which is good for groups of enemies). L1 -- Shadowy Disguise or Leeching Strikes (nice heals) and R1-- Resolving Vigor. Ultimate is Toxic Barrage.

Sometimes Soul Siphon as the Ultimate (huge heal for myself and ALL allies (28 meter range), like when fighting dragons or World Bosses.

Two full five-piece sets plus "monster" head-and-shoulders. I don't have Trials stuff. Maybe I will someday but not today.

And, by the way, I love my Nightblade because she is so versatile and a wicked damage dealer.

:smiley:
    Edited by SpiritofESO on December 11, 2020 7:50PM
    • ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~
    • IVY GOLDBLADE, WOOD ELF NIGHTBLADE, Former Empress
    • IVY GOLDBLAZE, HIGH ELF TEMPLAR
    • "Adapt or Die"
  • SpiritofESO
    SpiritofESO
    ✭✭✭
    Werewolf --

Once, a couple days ago, in a group dungeon EVERYBODY went Werewolf! It was totally fun and we OWNED that dungeon.

I went Berserker werewolf and the others went Pack Leader -- awesome!

:smiley:
    • ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~
    • IVY GOLDBLADE, WOOD ELF NIGHTBLADE, Former Empress
    • IVY GOLDBLAZE, HIGH ELF TEMPLAR
    • "Adapt or Die"
  • alter59
    alter59
    ✭✭
    Cheers guys, I relly appreciate your help!

@ElCapitanAmericano Regarding your question: Yes, probably, but mainly because I don't have much desire to grind any additional skills*. :wink:

Unfortunately addons are not an option, since I'm on PS4. However, I hope my friends won't kick me out (yet) nevertheless.

To be realistic, we will probably never be "professional" enough to tackle tricepta-challenges. For now, I'm happy surviving group dungeons relatively well.

@SpiritofESO Sounds exactly like what I'm doing currently (at least regarding the main hand). - Apart from the fact that I'm not a werewolf.

Once I reach CP160 (currently 124) I'll go for the matching gear. If I manage to grind crafting fast enough it will most likely be the one from here.

*Besides crafting, obviously. If you have any hints on how to progress faster with this, please let me know.
  • Recent
    Recent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you solo a lot then i suggest you get werewolf too...ww makes you very tanky and you dont even need a special build
    I am nb dps with duel wield daggers and bow and i just slot ww ulti when i want to be tanky and i can solo word bosses

Just an idea...you can ask for a free ww bite then go level it to 10 by killing zombies
  • alter59
    alter59
    ✭✭
    Recent wrote: »
    If you solo a lot then i suggest you get werewolf too...ww makes you very tanky and you dont even need a special build
    I am nb dps with duel wield daggers and bow and i just slot ww ulti when i want to be tanky and i can solo word bosses

Just an idea...you can ask for a free ww bite then go level it to 10 by killing zombies

Is it that easy to get a free bite nowadays? Back when I started ESO it was a real pain to even find a werewolf.