The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

BG PvE set rewards

wylievc
wylievc
✭✭✭
Anyone who does BGs will get the PvP sets regularly. With the sticker book, anyone who runs BGs regularly will fill those sets up pretty quickly. These set rewards basically become mats, and are underwhelming.

Generally speaking, players who primarily PvP don't necessarily want to be forced to run PvE content to gear up for the PvP content they want to consume. Most players use sets that don't come from PvP rewards.

I would love a system where we could get the PvE sets we need to gear up through the PvP we want to play. Maybe a system where, if we've completed a dungeon, sets from that dungeon get unlocked as rewards that drop randomly along with the existing gear drops gained through PvP. Or, maybe a system where we can get BG tokens that we can purchase PvE sets we've unlocked from a dedicated BG vendor.

Idk, I like to run various builds, but as is, I generally only run crafted sets that I can buy from players and slap on a Bone Pirate and a generic monster set. I would love to try out new sets (that are very suitable for PvP) without being forced to PvE.

Maybe I'm the only one who would want this.
Edited by wylievc on December 3, 2020 10:08PM
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should be able to unlock 4-man dungeon sticker book slots (for dungeons you have access to) for 100 transmute crystals.

It'll never happen though.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should be able to unlock 4-man dungeon sticker book slots (for dungeons you have access to) for 100 transmute crystals.

It'll never happen though.

Imagine the rage. The hate was palpable when they allowed monster helms to be bought.

I have millions of AP I dunno what to do with
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is no differnt than those wanting a PvE Cyroiil so they can get some of the things in Cyrodiil without risking PvP.

Just like any MMORPG, if you want it you do the respective content to get it. Considering Zos firmly told us that if we wanted the new perfected Master and vMA weapons we would do the content to farm them all over again. After that, I seriously doubt Zos is going to start giving players perfected trial gear when they do not run trials.
  • Wolfenzero
    idk wrote: »
    This is no differnt than those wanting a PvE Cyroiil so they can get some of the things in Cyrodiil without risking PvP.
    Actually, it is.

If you want the best gear for PvE you have to do PvE, if you want the best gear for PvP you have to do, guess what? PvE.

This is why the system is faulty to an extend, a PvP player should be able to get the best PvP gear through PvP, without having to be forced into PvE.

Either allow PvP player to buy good sets through PvP tokens, or, give PvP armours and weapons PvP damage and defense so that PvE gear becomes useless in PvP.