The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

I'm officially a fan of the Sticker Book and want them to view crafted sets in it

Tornaad
Tornaad
✭✭✭✭✭
While I have been playing ESO for about 4 years, I am a casual player. I have only played around in PVP enough to get my PVP skills on one character maxed out, and have avoided veteran dungeons. I have never even made my own build. ... at least if you don't count my first character that was made so poorly, that I could not defeat one of the bosses as part of the main quest in Coldharbour. I avoid anything veteran level, because I know I will stink it up seven ways from Sunday. Really, I am just getting to where I will be running normal group dungeons regularly. I had ran normal Maelstrom Arena once and it was an epic level combat that took every ounce of skill I had to complete.

However with the release of Markarth, I find myself actively looking at the stickerbook and trying to plan out what kind of build I could make. I know I will have a Bow based build, because as far as I am concerned that is my class. Technically my main is a rather sassy warden who loves a good challenge and is irritated to no end by how prevalent stupidity is, and takes great pleasure in insulting quest givers anytime they ask for help in some pathetic inane task.

For my build, which is still in the very early phases of being designed, I have acquired the ring of the pale order, and am starting the process of farming the Pestilent Host set from Vateshran Hollows for the next part of my gear. I also know that I am going to have several poison skills to take advantage of the Pestilent Host. I am not sure what else I want to do, but I will figure that out as I farm the Pestilent Host set. I know I want a one light, one heavy and the rest medium armor, so I can take advantage of the Undaunted Skill that increases your health, magic, and stamina, that I finally got to where I can get both ranks of. I know where I want my build to go, I just need more time to figure out how I want it to get there.

And as early as I am in my build, it would not have even started without the help of having easy access to the sets listed out in the stickerbook. So with that in mind, I would like to request that they add the crafted items into the stickerbook, not to craft from there, but to easily view and scroll through for build planning. Add a new tab for crafted sets, and if you have a character, that has the skills to craft that set, visit the site where you can craft it from, then you get that set added to the stickerbook for easy review afterwards. If that were to be done, it would help a lot with being able to figure out what armor and weapons I want to use for my build.

Thank you ZOS for adding that wonderful tool.

PS, my wife's second favorite part of the game is the four swooshes followed by the bong that play with the game logo at the beginning.
Edited by Tornaad on December 3, 2020 7:08AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is a build editor where you can see how different sets affect your build.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildEditor
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Thank you for your suggestion. I have known about sites like that, and have even played with them before. I am not interested in a build planner. I just want a convenient, in game method of browsing the item sets so I can start theory crafting.
    Edited by Tornaad on December 3, 2020 5:20AM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zuboko wrote: »

Thank you for your suggestion. I have known about sites like that, and have even played with them before. I am not interested in a build planner. I just want a convenient, in game method of browsing the item sets so I can start theory crafting.

If you're on PC, @Zuboko, the Item Set Browser add-on should work for you.

After that, I'm afraid @idk is right ... the best way to browse item sets is online (through UESP, ESO Sets, or other websites).

ZOS isn't going to add crafted sets to the sticker book. Crafted sets are tied to unique zones and shouldn't cost players transmutes to create (amongst many other issues).

Edited by Taleof2Cities on December 3, 2020 5:29AM
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

After that, I'm afraid @idk is right ... the best way to browse item sets is online (through UESP, ESO Sets, or other websites).

ZOS isn't going to add crafted sets to the sticker book. Crafted sets are tied to unique zones and shouldn't cost players transmutes to create (amongst many other issues).

I'm not sure he is asking to create them through using the same method we can create other sets. I think he wants a way to view those sets and see what pieces of each set he can craft. That would help with creating builds. If he sees he can't craft boots of a particular set he wants to use he will know that he should get boots for the 2nd set. More convenient than logging onto your crafter and going to a station to see what can be crafted.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And in my request, I specifically said "I would like to request that they add the crafted items into the stickerbook, not to craft from there, but to easily view and scroll through for build planning."
    I'll have to check out the item set Browser. I play via steam from my couch with a controller, so I'll have to make sure it is compatible with a controller set up.
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »

I'm not sure he is asking to create them through using the same method we can create other sets. I think he wants a way to view those sets and see what pieces of each set he can craft. That would help with creating builds. If he sees he can't craft boots of a particular set he wants to use he will know that he should get boots for the 2nd set. More convenient than logging onto your crafter and going to a station to see what can be crafted.

Exactly.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And in my request, I specifically said "I would like to request that they add the crafted items into the stickerbook, not to craft from there, but to easily view and scroll through for build planning."
    I'll have to check out the item set Browser. I play via steam from my couch with a controller, so I'll have to make sure it is compatible with a controller set up.

I am pretty sure Zos is not going to add crafted sets to the sticker book. This new set of collections is designed and intended for crafting drop sets so we do not have them filling up our inventory and the suggestion does not fit that need or intent.

It may happen but I just do not think it will.

It seems you are on PC. CraftStore Markarth is a great add-on that allows us to access a lot of crafting info such as motifs collected, recipes, and more. It also has a drop-down intended to help us quickl travel to a crafting station. That drop-down lists all the crafted sets in the game and provides the set bonus. It will allow you to view that information in-game which is essentially what you are asking for.

While the first link I provided is better suited for the theorycrafting you are wanting, based on your comments, between the two links you will be in good shape.

BTW, it is best to use Minion to download add-ons.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The UESP build editor linked above is great for testing builds.
    It is very complete and kept up to date.
    Edited by TequilaFire on December 3, 2020 4:18PM
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be great if some sort of a dressing room were in the game to throw together a build even if you don't have the sets yet, rather than using a external build editor.
    Still, even without that, the sticker book and item recreation is one the best adds to the game in a long time.
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    While I have been playing ESO for about 4 years, I am a casual player. I have only played around in PVP enough to get my PVP skills on one character maxed out, and have avoided veteran dungeons. I have never even made my own build. ... at least if you don't count my first character that was made so poorly, that I could not defeat one of the bosses as part of the main quest in Coldharbour. I avoid anything veteran level, because I know I will stink it up seven ways from Sunday. Really, I am just getting to where I will be running normal group dungeons regularly. I had ran normal Maelstrom Arena once and it was an epic level combat that took every ounce of skill I had to complete.

However with the release of Markarth, I find myself actively looking at the stickerbook and trying to plan out what kind of build I could make. I know I will have a Bow based build, because as far as I am concerned that is my class. Technically my main is a rather sassy warden who loves a good challenge and is irritated to no end by how prevalent stupidity is, and takes great pleasure in insulting quest givers anytime they ask for help in some pathetic inane task.

For my build, which is still in the very early phases of being designed, I have acquired the ring of the pale order, and am starting the process of farming the Pestilent Host set from Vateshran Hollows for the next part of my gear. I also know that I am going to have several poison skills to take advantage of the Pestilent Host. I am not sure what else I want to do, but I will figure that out as I farm the Pestilent Host set. I know I want a one light, one heavy and the rest medium armor, so I can take advantage of the Undaunted Skill that increases your health, magic, and stamina, that I finally got to where I can get both ranks of. I know where I want my build to go, I just need more time to figure out how I want it to get there.

And as early as I am in my build, it would not have even started without the help of having easy access to the sets listed out in the stickerbook. So with that in mind, I would like to request that they add the crafted items into the stickerbook, not to craft from there, but to easily view and scroll through for build planning. Add a new tab for crafted sets, and if you have a character, that has the skills to craft that set, visit the site where you can craft it from, then you get that set added to the stickerbook for easy review afterwards. If that were to be done, it would help a lot with being able to figure out what armor and weapons I want to use for my build.

PS, my wife's second favorite part of the game is the four swooshes followed by the bong that play with the game logo at the beginning.

its called itemization browser and is a addon
    no need to add it to sticker book
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 for this idea.

If not in the collections system, maybe add it somewhere in the Zone Guide UI if that would be more appropriate.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This is great for PC/Mac. Not so much a solution for console players, though.
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

And for PC users like myself who use a controller, many of those addons are not compatible with the controller.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This would be great! I would love a system where we can theory craft our sets in game. I think putting together an armor set that is useable in game is one of the hardest things to do, along with the appropriate skills to use.

• Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I totally forgot to redownload Itemization addon. I deleted a bunch of addons when my fps went all bad after greymoor.
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://eso-sets.com/
    u all to lazy to use the given tools ?
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

And for PC users like myself who use a controller, many of those addons are not compatible with the controller.

If your keyboard doesn't have a touch-pad, I highly recommend upgrading to one that does. You likely have the keyboard nearby to respond to game chat, that would incorporate mouse functionality.
    PC NA
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raideen wrote: »
    This would be great! I would love a system where we can theory craft our sets in game. I think putting together an armor set that is useable in game is one of the hardest things to do, along with the appropriate skills to use.

I believe you. It has been an interesting process for me so far, and I am just barely starting the process.
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. I want it in game. And I don't care to use my phone or tablet either. When I play ESO, I like to sit on my couch next to my wife who loves to take any opportunity she can to snuggle up next to me, so if I am balancing a tablet it detracts from my wife's snuggle time.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. I want it in game. And I don't care to use my phone or tablet either. When I play ESO, I like to sit on my couch next to my wife who loves to take any opportunity she can to snuggle up next to me, so if I am balancing a tablet it detracts from my wife's snuggle time.

Have you considered using the PTS and creating a template character that has access to all skills and gear?

Because even if you could browse crafted sets in the sticker book, you still wouldn't be able to put anything on until you actually craft them.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »

Have you considered using the PTS and creating a template character that has access to all skills and gear?

Because even if you could browse crafted sets in the sticker book, you still wouldn't be able to put anything on until you actually craft them.

That is a good idea. I might have to try it. Thank you.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's not a question of being lazy but of ZOS just adding the information to the collection system.

He/she is not asking to craft the sets but to just seem them in game without having to run all over Tamerial and visit each crafting set station to look at what the set does to help with theory crafting.

Some PC players I think forget how little is in the base game compared to what the add-on community has added to the PC community. Or if not added how easy it is to just open another window on the computer you are sitting at and look up the information without getting up out of your seat.

As a console player myself I too would love to see the crafted set added to the collection to easily review them not craft but just to see them. Since there is like 62 crafted set in game right now being able to view quickly would be a great convenience to console theory crafters.

Be safe and have fun :)

PS, Also a big fan of the sticker book collection system.
  • linuxlady
    linuxlady
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crafted set dont reallt need a sticker book. if you want a sticker book, have it for the crafting stations that you fill up the sticker book as you acquire the crafted set stations through the use of attunable crafting stations... that we could def use so we can keep track of which ones we have to acquire yet. most helpful for sure.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It seems out of date.
    amoHsBQ.jpg

• Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »

It's not a question of being lazy but of ZOS just adding the information to the collection system.

He/she is not asking to craft the sets but to just seem them in game without having to run all over Tamerial and visit each crafting set station to look at what the set does to help with theory crafting.

Some PC players I think forget how little is in the base game compared to what the add-on community has added to the PC community. Or if not added how easy it is to just open another window on the computer you are sitting at and look up the information without getting up out of your seat.

As a console player myself I too would love to see the crafted set added to the collection to easily review them not craft but just to see them. Since there is like 62 crafted set in game right now being able to view quickly would be a great convenience to console theory crafters.

Be safe and have fun :)

PS, Also a big fan of the sticker book collection system.

Thank you.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And OP has themselves listed as being on PC. I had pointed out the add-on that will permit him to look at all the crafted sets available while still being in-game. It would seem advantageous to be able to look at the crafted sets while also looking at the drop sets but OP does not seem interested in that.

Further, we provided a link to an actual build website which provides the ability to look at everything for our builds or just the sets available.

Maybe Zos will one day make this suggestion happen. Until then OP would do well using the information we have provided because Zos is not going to make this change today.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It seems out of date.
    amoHsBQ.jpg

How is that out of date? It’s saying it won’t be accurate for low level builds due to changes from One Tamriel, but it works for CP160+ builds.

You can also manually adjust CP higher and allocate them in later tabs. Max level is still CP160, because that’s where gear cap is.

ETA: Personally I’ve used it since 2017, and it’s been very accurate on the whole.
    Edited by virtus753 on December 5, 2020 6:22PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It seems out of date.
    amoHsBQ.jpg

BTW, I just checked to see if it has the Pestilent Host set that was added with Markarth and it does. It also has the new arena weapons.

I expect I am missing something in the SS you provided that makes clear how the site is out of date as you claim. Please point that out to me as all I see is it works for CP160 which is our current level cap.

Edit: Making clear that when I say our current level cap I am speaking to our gear cap since that is different than our CP allocation. That SS speaks only to the gear cap.
    Edited by idk on December 5, 2020 6:34PM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should add to the Zone Guide. The Zone Guide tells you the name of the crafting stations, might as well also let you view the sets that they have.
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    They should add to the Zone Guide. The Zone Guide tells you the name of the crafting stations, might as well also let you view the sets that they have.

I'd be fine with that.