The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need help choosing new/fixing headset please

Alutora
Alutora
✭✭✭
Hi all, I have a problem with my headset/mic setup, can anyone help me please? I don’t usually use voice chat in eso, but as I am going into more difficult content, guild mates and friends want to set up a party which is usually big problem for me for following reasons;

My mic is EXTREMELY sensitive. My mates are complaining that they can hear loud controller clicking, me breathing etc. It picks up absolutely everything - dog barking outside, neighbours talking on the hallway, someone yawning in another room, it’s insane. I can’t seem to get into audio settings on my Xbox - when I plug in any headset the “audio” option in “system” never appears, so I don’t know if setting like “mic monitoring” etc could help me, because I can’t seem to get access to that setting.

So far I’ve tried these headsets: Razer Kraken pro (used this one for years gaming on PC, absolutely fantastic though somehow in console the mic gets super sensitive), and now I bought JBL Quantum 200, which had amazing reviews, however I am having the same problem, over sensitive mic and no “audio” settings appears when I plug it in.

Because of this I can’t use my mic at all because I know how annoying it is when you have to hear someone pressing controller buttons and breathing all the time, which obviously is a liability for me. I paid a lot of money for both of these headsets, and I just refuse to think they are both faulty.

What should I do? Should I buy another headset? Is the problem with my Xbox? How come I cannot see the “audio” settings when I plug in my headset? Thank you for any advice! This has been so frustrating for me, how come other players have no background noise and no controller clicks with cheap headsets? :(
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always get Microsoft lifechat lx 3000 headsets and will until I can't get them any more. I love their keyboards and mice too and find them the most comfortable and ergonomic. The headset has a mute also so you can mute it when not talking so it won't pick up background noise.
    Edited by TheImperfect on December 2, 2020 10:20PM
  • Alutora
    Alutora
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for your answer. I admit I didn’t wanna end up making another purchase, will give these a shot since I’m so frustrated with the ones I have!
  • graybeardII
    graybeardII
    ✭✭✭
    Turn down the mike gain in sound setings
  • DamaskSands
    DamaskSands
    Soul Shriven
    Hi Alutora

The audio settings you're looking for aren't in the normal settings (because why would they be?!)

Press the Xbox button and you'll see five icons at the bottom of the menu: a bell icon, game pass, the store, search, and a speaker. Go down and select the speaker icon.

You'll then be able to adjust your microphone gain and turn down its sensitivity.

Edited by DamaskSands on December 5, 2020 11:15AM