The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Unable to create a new character

MRusso89
MRusso89
✭✭✭
Upon entering the name of the character and selecting "Done", the loading wheel spins for about 5 seconds and stops. Then I'm thrown back to customization options like I never tried making the name and completing the creation. I've tried all the recommended fixes, but still have the same issue.
Hermaeus Mora, elder than Ada, Abyssal Cephaliarch, hearken to the plea of this unworthy, for I have come to barter for knowledge denied.
excerpt from Fragmentae Abyssum Hermaeus Morus
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    To add, I'm on NA and attempted to make the character on the EU server and I still run into the same issue there. Name Validation spins for a few seconds then stops and reverts back to customization options. Its not the name itself, as I tried several different ones to test too.
    Hermaeus Mora, elder than Ada, Abyssal Cephaliarch, hearken to the plea of this unworthy, for I have come to barter for knowledge denied.
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
  • tigerborn62
    tigerborn62
    ✭✭✭
    Same.
  • HailSanta28
    Same here. Exact same thing is happening to me
  • Ringing_Nirnroot
    Ringing_Nirnroot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happened to me as well, apparently it’s an Xbox live issue (assuming its Xbox lol, If not then a zos thing)
    Edited by Ringing_Nirnroot on December 3, 2020 7:49AM
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, are you still experiencing this error? If so, can you let us know your gamertag?
    Staff Post
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker Thank you for addressing this issue, however it seems that whatever the issue was, has been resolved for me. I was successfully able to create a new character a few minutes ago.