The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Are (some) Battlegrounds map too small for Capture the Relic?

DTStormfox
DTStormfox
✭✭✭✭✭
I feel like some of the Battlegrounds maps are simply too small for Capture the Relic.
For example, Arcane University is a very small map in which the Relic locations are very close together. Basically, you can take the enemy's relic, use an immovability potion and sprint back to your base in a matter of seconds. It is nearly impossible to stop the relic carrier on time unless your entire team bursts this person. This map is great for Domination modes or Chaos Ball mode, but to me, it feels like this map is way too small for a capture the flag type of game mode.
Only responds to constructive replies/mentions

Immortal-Legends Guild Master
Veteran PvP player

Best Answer

• MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk, the distance between flags feels even smaller then Arcane University on several maps. But I'd rather the maps be smaller, keeping the action more condensed.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
    Answer ✓
  • Orange_fire_dragon
    Orange_fire_dragon
    ✭✭✭
    instead of editing maps for ctr can we modify ctr instead? by starting with selecting the folder it is stored in then right click, delete, right click recycle bin, empty recycle bin, hammer smash the storage unit it was in so it will never come back.

that would be an excellent start
  • DTStormfox
    DTStormfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Piraja27 wrote: »
    instead of editing maps for ctr can we modify ctr instead? by starting with selecting the folder it is stored in then right click, delete, right click recycle bin, empty recycle bin, hammer smash the storage unit it was in so it will never come back.

that would be an excellent start

lol, that is also an option... I guess
    Only responds to constructive replies/mentions

Immortal-Legends Guild Master
    Veteran PvP player

• Orange_fire_dragon
    Orange_fire_dragon
    ✭✭✭
    reason I posted that as solution because ctr is only tolerable in proper team settings, when you have actual team dedicated for it, with randoms it is such a lottery draw who you get, you may get 3 stamblades with snipe as only offensive skill and 16k health with you, they ain't going to do much defence wise. Sometimes you get people that don't pay attention at all, you get relic, need help but they run to enemy base instead of helping you secure the relic, so yeah I really don't wanna play ctr anymore.
    Plus the game forces it on me so my hatred for it grows and grows xD
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 way Capture the flag is not a thing, it's just not I'm not sure what they thought would happen but it is as fail as you would expect.