Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

How do I become a Necromancer?

mikeb16_ESO41
mikeb16_ESO41
✭✭✭
Hi, as said in the title 'How do I become a Necromancer?'. I realise I'll have to start a new character again from the start. But what do I have to do or look out for to become one?.
High Elf, VampArconist
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to buy access to necro class from crown store or buy Elsweyr DLC (I think it comes with the class, but you need to double check). Then you can make a new char with the necro class.
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or become an eso+ member
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Or become an eso+ member

Does the DLC access that comes with being an ESO+ member also grant access to the classes that one had to unlock by buying the chapters? (Warden and Necromancer.)
    I thought you had to purchase the classes separately in order to have access once the chapters were downgraded to DLCs.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • Daemons_Bane
      Daemons_Bane
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Eso+ gets elseweyr for free, so eso+ works just fine
      Edited by Daemons_Bane on December 2, 2020 12:02PM
    • Grizzbeorn
      Grizzbeorn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭

Actually, no, it's not enough.

I just checked. I remembered one of my alt accounts still has some ESO+ time remaining on it, so I tried to create a necromancer character, and it wouldn't let me.
      So even with the free access to the DLCs that ESO+ grants, you still need to separately purchase access to the two classes that originally came with chapters.

What I am unable to confirm is if access to the classes is unlocked if you purchase the Elsweyr or Morrowind DLCs by themselves.
      I don't have enough crowns on my alt account to check that.

If you don't have the Greymoor chapter, though, you can purchase one of the non-upgrade versions of Greymoor (either the Standard or Collector's Edition), and that comes with Morrowind, Summerset, and Elsweyr, and that will unlock the Warden and Necromancer classes.

Or, by themselves, the two extra classes each cost 1500 crowns under the 'Account' category in the UPGRADE section of the crown store.

Edited by Grizzbeorn on December 2, 2020 12:52PM
        PC/NA Warden Main
      • Daemons_Bane
        Daemons_Bane
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        Grizzbeorn wrote: »

I just checked. I remembered one of my alt accounts still has some ESO+ time remaining on it, so I tried to create a necromancer character, and it wouldn't let me.
        So even with the DLC access that ESO+ grants, you still need to separately purchase access to the two classes that originally came with chapters.

Frak :neutral: Elseweyr is a chapter, not DLC.. my bad
        Edited by Daemons_Bane on December 2, 2020 12:24PM
      • Grizzbeorn
        Grizzbeorn
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭
        Grizzbeorn wrote: »

So even with the DLC access that ESO+ grants, you still need to separately purchase access to the two classes that originally came with chapters.

Frak :neutral: Elseweyr is a chapter, not DLC.. my bad

Well, it was downgraded from Chapter to DLC when the Greymoor Chapter was released, but new classes aren't included in the free DLC access that comes with ESO+.
          PC/NA Warden Main
        • L_Nici
          L_Nici
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          It is correct that the necro was included in Elsweyr as it still was a chapter. As soon as Greymoor dropped Elsweyr became a DLC and falls under ESO plus, but at the same time the Necro got put like the warden from Morrowind as an extra class, you need to buy for crowns.

Its pretty cashgrabby in my opinion and doesn't even make much sense in the case of the warden since he is included in the base game since Morrowind got included there.

So yeah, you need to buy the Necro in the Crownstore under Upgrades->Class for 1.5k Crowns
          A very special girl

PC|EU
        • Gythral
          Gythral
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭
          Classes that came with chapaters are now crown store purchases.
          So have to be bought that way
          “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
          Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
          Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
        • mikeb16_ESO41
          mikeb16_ESO41
          ✭✭✭
          Grizzbeorn

"If you don't have the Greymoor chapter, though, you can purchase one of the non-upgrade versions of Greymoor (either the Standard or Collector's Edition), and that comes with Morrowind, Summerset, and Elsweyr, and that will unlock the Warden and Necromancer classes."

I have all of these and don't recall seeing Necromancer. I'm not a Plus member but I have got 7 characters, 6 of which I have played with for some time. Perhaps I should go and check them out. In case it has been added later and I just didn't notice.
          High Elf, VampArconist
        • mikeb16_ESO41
          mikeb16_ESO41
          ✭✭✭
          "...6 of which I haven't played with for some time."
          High Elf, VampArconist
        • Grizzbeorn
          Grizzbeorn
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭
          Grizzbeorn

"If you don't have the Greymoor chapter, though, you can purchase one of the non-upgrade versions of Greymoor (either the Standard or Collector's Edition), and that comes with Morrowind, Summerset, and Elsweyr, and that will unlock the Warden and Necromancer classes."

I have all of these and don't recall seeing Necromancer. I'm not a Plus member but I have got 7 characters, 6 of which I have played with for some time. Perhaps I should go and check them out. In case it has been added later and I just didn't notice.

The Necromancer class was released with the Elsweyr Chapter last year.
          If you have Elsweyr, then you should have access to that class.

You can check the Character Creation screen to see if you have it (checking your existing characters won't tell you anything).

If you only have 7 characters, you should have 1 character slot remaining, so act like you're going to create a new character.

Once you have the Character Creation screen up, go to the Class tab, and look at the six class icons.
          The Necromancer icon is the skull at the bottom right. If you have it unlocked, the icon should be gold, like the other icons, and when you put your mouse pointer on the icon, the icon will glow a brighter gold and a name plate should pop-up that says "Necromancer."
          huaN0Lz.png

If you *don't* have it unlocked, the Necromancer icon will be gray, and when you put your pointer on it the name plate will tell you how to unlock it.
          wGhGpfk.png

Edited by Grizzbeorn on December 2, 2020 7:12PM
            PC/NA Warden Main
          • Grianasteri
            Grianasteri
            ✭✭✭✭✭
            Hi, as said in the title 'How do I become a Necromancer?'. I realise I'll have to start a new character again from the start. But what do I have to do or look out for to become one?.

You have to purchase the appropriate DLC from the Crown store. Necromancer is paid for content.
          • F22nickell
            F22nickell
            ✭✭✭
            I have ESO +, and I've only been online since Greymoor. I have a Necromancer character, and I did not have to buy anything in the Crown Store for it.

Can't speak for the free ESO +, it may be different?

What I can speak to based on my own experience is the ESO + you pay to subscribe gets you all six classes, even if you joined during the Greymoor chapter.
            Fix Wrothgar Relic Hunter for Pete's Sake! ... Until then ... ZOS=POS
          • Grizzbeorn
            Grizzbeorn
            ✭✭✭✭✭
            ✭✭✭
            F22nickell wrote: »
            I have ESO +, and I've only been online since Greymoor. I have a Necromancer character, and I did not have to buy anything in the Crown Store for it.

Can't speak for the free ESO +, it may be different?

What I can speak to based on my own experience is the ESO + you pay to subscribe gets you all six classes, even if you joined during the Greymoor chapter.

That's not how it works. An ESO+ subscription doesn't grant either of the "extra" classes (Warden and Necromancer).

What version of the game did you buy when you started playing?

If you started with Greymoor, I'm assuming you bought either the Standard or Collector's Edition of Greymoor.
            Those editions of the game came with all of the former chapters (Morrowind, Summerset, and Elsweyr), as well.
            The Necromancer class was part of the Elsweyr Chapter.
              PC/NA Warden Main
            • Oreyn_Bearclaw
              Oreyn_Bearclaw
              ✭✭✭✭✭
              ✭✭✭✭✭
              You must Pay in order to Win!
            • TX12001rwb17_ESO
              TX12001rwb17_ESO
              ✭✭✭✭✭
              ✭✭✭
              You must Pay in order to Win!

That would be true if the Necromancer class was actually capable of doing anything in PvP.
            • SshadowSscale
              SshadowSscale
              ✭✭✭✭✭
              I saw way too many wrong statements in this thread.... first of no you do not get necro class from eso plus.... second no elsweyer and morrowind does not give you access to the classes anymore.... they gave access while they where a chapter as part of the whole chapter thing but they have been downgraded to dlc now..... lastly if you buy the non upgrade greymoore edition you are buying a new ACCOUNT this means you will have to start over from scratch on a completely new ACCOUNT.... it cannot be added onto an existing account only upgrade edition can be added onto and existing account.... only way to get necro and warden is to buy them from crownstore.... please look up and check that you are correct about something before spreading false info in the future thank you.
            • Pixiepumpkin
              Pixiepumpkin
              ✭✭✭✭✭
              worship the devil?
              "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
              PC/NA
            • WeerW3ir
              WeerW3ir
              ✭✭✭✭✭
              Open your wallet?
              Edited by WeerW3ir on December 2, 2020 10:13PM
            • DarkPicture
              DarkPicture
              ✭✭✭✭✭
              You need to kill manimarco and take his spot.
            • mikeb16_ESO41
              mikeb16_ESO41
              ✭✭✭
              Grizzbeorn

Thanks for the step by step instructions. I am now up and running. Cheers
              High Elf, VampArconist