The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Vampire/Werewolf hybrids exist?

Ryuvain
Ryuvain
✭✭✭✭✭
Now that I think about it, hybrids already exist don't they? If not exist then easily achievable with the right means.

Vampirism has already been shown to be reproducible with multiple experiments including the vampiric flowers. And with Stone Garden it shows that not only lycanthropy can be reproduced the same way, but that it can be combined with vampires via a potion.

Making a permanent hybrid is entirely possible afaik. Seeing a werewolf behemoth bloodknight would be absolutely terrifying but also amazing. Or to go even further a vampire lord with pure enough blood or reproduction.

Now I sound like that Arkasis guy.
That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well there is magical ways you can be a vampire but then be able transform into the form of a werewolf. The Ring of Hircine is one of them depending on how Hircine blesses it that allowed for it in Tes 3 Morrowind from what I read. Lorewise and the devs stated this for the new dungeon mechanics in stone garden. The alchemical reaction is what allows a vampires to use the alchemical werewolf behemoth transformation. It isn't actual lycanthropy its just a alchemical reaction that gives that form.

An alchemist like Arkasis could potentially recreate the curse of lycanthropy along with the transformation. Since its fully possibly to recreate the curse of vampirism using alchemy and that is canon introduced with Summerset alchemy would likely be able to create the actual curse of lycanthropy in a similar manner.As for a full on hybrid like Underworld. That I don't know on, Its likely a hybrid would look like a normal werewolf in that form maybe some vampiric characteristics or paleness or even vampire eyes in the werewolf form.

I doubt it would work like Underworld. That is only if the conditions could be merged in such a way without them counteracting the other, this could maybe be done alchemically. One idea if Bethesda ever went with the idea of a hybrid is using this. A descendent of a lycanthrope became a vampire and the lycanthropy suddenly got activated. Either the vampriism gets cured or by some luck they are both and the conditions don't counter each other like it typically would. But they would have to make it for it to happen.

Currently it may seem impossible for a true hybrid given both diseases like give immunity or even cure the other and that seems to be the case and how it works. But this is Tes, and magic can do many things. So many one day we might see a way a true hybrid can come about. We will have to wait and see if they ever do something with it but its also possible they might not.

Edited by Thevampirenight on December 3, 2020 12:04AM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well there is magical ways you can be a vampire but then be able transform into the form of a werewolf. The Ring of Hircine is one of them depending on how Hircine blesses it that allowed for it in Tes 3 Morrowind from what I read. Lorewise and the devs stated this for the new dungeon mechanics in stone garden. The alchemical reaction is what allows a vampires to use the alchemical werewolf behemoth transformation. It isn't actual lycanthropy its just a alchemical reaction that gives that form.

An alchemist like Arkasis could potentially recreate the curse of lycanthropy along with the transformation. Since its fully possibly to recreate the curse of vampirism using alchemy and that is canon introduced with Summerset alchemy would likely be able to create the actual curse of lycanthropy in a similar manner.As for a full on hybrid like Underworld. That I don't know on, Its likely a hybrid would look like a normal werewolf in that form maybe some vampiric characteristics or paleness or even vampire eyes in the werewolf form.

I doubt it would work like Underworld. That is only if the conditions could be merged in such a way without them counteracting the other, this could maybe be done alchemically. One idea if Bethesda ever went with the idea of a hybrid is using this. A descendent of a lycanthrope became a vampire and the lycanthropy suddenly got activated. Either the vampriism gets cured or by some luck they are both and the conditions don't counter each other like it typically would. But they would have to make it for it to happen.

Currently it may seem impossible for a true hybrid given both diseases like give immunity or even cure the other and that seems to be the case and how it works. But this is Tes, and magic can do many things. So many one day we might see a way a true hybrid can come about. We will have to wait and see if they ever do something with it but its also possible they might not.

Definitely talking about alchemical. If Arkasis had werewolf down so well that there were no side effects at all along with gaining EVERY ADVANTAGE AND INSTINCT than combining would be easy.
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just realized that we already made hybrids in a way. Those potions we use to empower ourselves and the behemoth form use bloodknight parts.

And the rabbit hole goes deeper.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ryuvain wrote: »

Definitely talking about alchemical. If Arkasis had werewolf down so well that there were no side effects at all along with gaining EVERY ADVANTAGE AND INSTINCT than combining would be easy.

Well just because it may seem easy does not mean it is easy. It would likely take lots of research and experimentation for it to succeed .
    Edited by Thevampirenight on December 3, 2020 11:57PM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Valor
    Valor
    ✭✭✭
    *sad sniff* you USED to be able to be a vampire/werewolf hybrid in game...
    Miniskirt Enthusiast

Jacob Black|DC|Nightblade|Emped on 9/8/17

#TeamJacob
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well just because it may seem easy does not mean it is easy. It would likely take lots of research and experimentation for it to succeed .

It would be easy for Arkasis or anyone knowledgeable enough. Overall difficulty is irrelevant. We already started with potions and increased the strength of them.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm under the belief it's a hard no, but after having played a werewolf behemoth that could turn invisible thanks to Vampire's stage 4 passive... IDK.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    I'm under the belief it's a hard no, but after having played a werewolf behemoth that could turn invisible thanks to Vampire's stage 4 passive... IDK.

Exactly what I did. Then I remembered that we added bloodknight parts to the potion to upgrade it.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

Exactly what I did. Then I remembered that we added bloodknight parts to the potion to upgrade it.

That we did... And the evil alchemist even points that out in the boss fight. Whatever is used to make blood knights also make behemoths stronger. Some weird alchemical [snip]ery going on with that place...
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK