The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Is Ice staff tanking bugged or am I missing something here.

hexentb16_ESO
hexentb16_ESO
✭✭✭✭
Alright. So I figured I'd give the new ice staff tanking a try. My ice warden has far better defensive stats than my other shield tanks. I've gone full sturdy because I wanted to try Ice Furnace with Frozen Watcher.

Yet still she feels squishier than she should be. I'm totally confused. My other tanks can take so much more damage than her but the only extra armor they have is from the shield and their resist is lower. I don't even block all the time with them but my ice warden is always blocking. My CP is where it should be. Is there something I'm missing here? Or is this just another bug?

I looked at the skill lines for both Ice Staff and One-hand and shield. She shouldn't be this squishy. Does the shield really make that much of a difference? I'm pretty sure my medium armor dps can take more damage than her.
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I haven't noticed any serious difference just from a shield, though some.

Try switching your gear back to 'normal'?
    PC NA
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree, despite the stats, my wardens feels ALOT more fragile then my sorc, and its a recent thing :S
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • hexentb16_ESO
    hexentb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree, despite the stats, my wardens feels ALOT more fragile then my sorc, and its a recent thing :S

Its feels like either the frost staff and heavy armor passives aren't being applied or theres some sort of hidden debuff effecting her.
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my magic templar seems squisher than normal too but i thought it was just me
    "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • Schattenfluegel
    Schattenfluegel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well a geared shield count as armor..
    Love my Stamsorc
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you give us the max health, total resistances, cp allocations, and any other mitigation layers such as minor protection or aegis, then we could calculate their tankiness to a decimal point and tell you what’s up.