The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Tel Galen House

harvey07
harvey07
✭✭✭
would love to get the Tel Galen House...so, i am officially asking for it to come back up for sale. pretty please. <insert pathetic begging>
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might be in luck. There is a Morrowind+Clockwork City event coming up. It might go on sale during that time.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    You might be in luck. There is a Morrowind+Clockwork City event coming up. It might go on sale during that time.

I am hoping so!!!
  • Woosters
    Woosters
    ✭✭✭

Where did you hear about this? I would like to know if I should be saving crowns for this event.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Woosters wrote: »

Where did you hear about this? I would like to know if I should be saving crowns for this event.

It often returned during the Morrowind event so basic pattern recognition allows us to estimate that it's likely it'll reurn again this year during the Tribunal themed event. It's not a 100% guarantee of course. ;)
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michae wrote: »
    this year during the Tribunal themed event

Is there a date yet? I've been away for a while so I must have missed the announcement.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    this year during the Tribunal themed event

Is there a date yet? I've been away for a while so I must have missed the announcement.

I haven’t seen any announcement, neither here nor in-game; I’m not on Twitter. I think “Midyear” Mayhem is this month so hopefully the Tribunal event will be held in February or March — and if Tel Galen does not finally make a return then, I will be one very grumpy elf!
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there any details about how exactly the event will look like?
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are there any details about how exactly the event will look like?

Here's the information from the PTS patch: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6991946/#Comment_6991946

It'll be tickets for dailies in Clockwork/Vvardenfell. Otherwise, it seems to follow the standard 'first quest gives you a gold box with stuff, but you can get additional purple boxes with less interesting stuff' formula we've been seeing.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll have a look, thank you! New tickets... Is it known yet what we'll get next, instead of the Indriks?
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'll have a look, thank you! New tickets... Is it known yet what we'll get next, instead of the Indriks?
    I expect we will see the new Doctrine Ordinator style pages as drops and as direct ticket purchases (like it usually is with the new event styles we get), and apparently a new pet. :smile:
    Hy10ip3.jpg
    I'm also kinda hoping that we'll be able to purchase Furnishings (like we could with the Summerset celebration), and maybe even purchase Leads directly. We know they can put Leads on merchants (zone map Leads work that way), and it would be nice to have 1 week during the year in which people can acquire Leads directly as a bad-luck-protection method. Getting the Nerevar bust took literal weeks of dailies for me on several characters, and I had to give up on the Alessia Paravant Lead which only drops from PvP reward bags after I traumatized my smell-the-flowers PvE-type-player self with 2 weeks of BG farming with no luck.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    I'm also kinda hoping that we'll be able to purchase Furnishings (like we could with the Summerset celebration), and maybe even purchase Leads directly. We know they can put Leads on merchants (zone map Leads work that way), and it would be nice to have 1 week during the year in which people can acquire Leads directly as a bad-luck-protection method. Getting the Nerevar bust took literal weeks of dailies for me on several characters, and I had to give up on the Alessia Paravant Lead which only drops from PvP reward bags after I traumatized my smell-the-flowers PvE-type-player self with 2 weeks of BG farming with no luck.

Definitively. I'm still missing the final lead for the Dwemer Wolf. Soloed everything else, maybe would also get the last one, but I crash to desktop at the end of that dungeon every time (or at least I did when I still tried - I've gave up after a while).
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    I expect we will see the new Doctrine Ordinator style pages as drops and as direct ticket purchases (like it usually is with the new event styles we get), and apparently a new pet. :smile:
    Hy10ip3.jpg

I do wish leads were trade-able! I PvE far more than I PvP but have now gotten several of the Alessia statue leads from reward boxes. How gladly would I trade these for Ayleid chandeliers! I’m regularly in Grahtwood and have started completing the public dungeon on various alts but only two leads in total so far... There are other leads too from Auridon that drop for me more rarely than Aetherial dust. :disappointed:
  • kinguardian
    kinguardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am really hoping for this one.
    Hopefully ZOS will put it back in
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Woosters wrote: »

It often returned during the Morrowind event so basic pattern recognition allows us to estimate that it's likely it'll reurn again this year during the Tribunal themed event. It's not a 100% guarantee of course. ;)

It's only returned to the CS ONCE, and not even during the Morrwind Celebration a couple years ago. We've got the Tribunal Celebration coming up this month, but it appears that Tel Galen will not be returning during the event. Instead, we get Hunter's Glade and the Villa.

The Clockwork God furnishing pack will be making a return, and we'll be getting a Nerevar statuette and a MW-themed music box, but no Tel Galen. I just don't get ZOS' marketing decisions sometimes.
  • KovalskyNestor
    KovalskyNestor
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they will sneak it in during the event.
  • Rishikesa108
    Rishikesa108
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In March it will be my birthday. ZOS told me they will put up for sale Tel Galen in March to get me my birthday present. LOL
    Man did not weave the web of life – he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself
  • ashadris
    ashadris
    ✭✭✭
    In March it will be my birthday. ZOS told me they will put up for sale Tel Galen in March to get me my birthday present. LOL

For reals?
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ashadris wrote: »

For reals?

The LOL should have told you not if you really had any doubts! :tongue:

I HOPE Tel Galen, Vivec’s furnishing pack, and Telvanni wizard costumes come through the Crown store soon! I was almost counting on it for the Tribunal event and it’s been soooo looooong! :weary:

Come on, ZOS! I want the awesome new Ayleid stuff coming out, but if Tel Galen doesn’t part me with a bunch of Crowns, I may not have to buy more! >:)
    Edited by Araneae6537 on February 4, 2021 7:12PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe they will sneak it in during the event.

Perhaps! That would be nice. I seem to recall at least one event where there were some surprise offerings. We'll see.

It just seems like a no-brainer to bring it back for the Tribunal event.
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Araneae6537 @kinguardian @AefionBloodclaw @ApostateHobo @thirdgirl @Maxlamenace @MafiaCat115 @XaraxDev @Rishikesa108

Tagging some people I've seen being interested in this house. Not sure if any of you are aware, but Tel Galen is returning from July 7 to July 21.
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on July 3, 2022 4:40AM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • kinguardian
    kinguardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oooww goodie. Thank you for telling us.
    I hopefully have my new pc up and running tomorrow and then I can have a looksie at it
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I previewed it again a few minutes ago. It's smaller than it seems and the already limited space is partially clogged by the mushroom.

Could definitely use someone on the team studying original Morrowind and some of those Tel Uvirith expanding mods and re-designing it.

Or better yet giving us a new Telvanni mushroom tower more like the originals and expanded mods like Uvirith's Legacy. There was an elegance to interiors and exteriors.

towerlowerentrance.jpg

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I previewed it again a few minutes ago. It's smaller than it seems and the already limited space is partially clogged by the mushroom.

Could definitely use someone on the team studying original Morrowind and some of those Tel Uvirith expanding mods and re-designing it.

Or better yet giving us a new Telvanni mushroom tower more like the originals and expanded mods like Uvirith's Legacy. There was an elegance to interiors and exteriors.

towerlowerentrance.jpg

Now it’s been quite a while since I played the original Morrowind, but I’m not sure what this video depicts — it looks like lots of running around ramps and through round doors into mostly small spaces. I remember a central open area that you would have to levitate up to get to different parts of the tower, which was super cool but I don’t think levitation and flying magic have yet been developed in the time of ESO. ;)

I like Tel Galen as it is although I do wish the tower mushroom looked less like flesh atronarch! But I am working on modifying mine with fungal furnishings and various violet and bioluminescent mushrooms. I am GLAD for the relatively small size though since I want to not only alter the look as I said, but add clutter to look lived in and especially the wizard’s study and then there’s the outside area which so much can be done with too! I do like some of the larger houses — especially the Varlaisvea Ayleid ruins — but I am glad for homes with a smaller size to furnishing slot ratio and am glad I finally got my Tel Galen. :relieved:

I’d be all for ZOS adding additional housing of various sizes and styles to Morrowind though! I would especially like an apartment or townhouse in Balmorra! :smiley: