The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How many Reach treasure maps are there?

Diabolus1989
Diabolus1989
✭✭✭
Some sites say 2, others say 4.

Following on from zones like Hew's Bane, Gold Coast, Clockwork City, Murkmire, Southern Elsweyr I would think 2 as well.

But I've got a map for the Reach that doesn't have a Roman numeral, which makes me think there's only the 1.

Best Answers

• RemanCyrodiil_I
    RemanCyrodiil_I
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -
    Edited by RemanCyrodiil_I on April 20, 2022 3:57PM
    Answer ✓
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Reach zone has one; Arkthzand Caverns has one; Greymoor Caverns has two; Western Skyrim has four.
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
    Answer ✓
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only 1 map for The Reach zone and 1map for The Arkthzand Caverns.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Answer ✓
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From where do the maps drop, 'cuz I ain't seen one yet.
    I haven't even found a Western Skyrim map since Markarth dropped.

What is angering me even more is that I've found several treasure maps for other regions that are not the Reach or Western Skyrim in both the Reach and Western Skyrim over the last two weeks.
    Edited by Grizzbeorn on December 1, 2020 3:17AM
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • idk
      idk
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      You made @Saucy_Jack get saucy.
    • Saucy_Jack
      Saucy_Jack
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      idk wrote: »
      You made @Saucy_Jack get saucy.

Saucy's always saucy ;)
      ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
    • Diabolus1989
      Diabolus1989
      ✭✭✭
      Grizzbeorn wrote: »

What is angering me even more is that I've found several treasure maps for other regions that are not the Reach or Western Skyrim in both the Reach and Western Skyrim over the last two weeks.

I'm trying to find all treasure maps, and so far Western Skyrim III and Blackreach: Arkthzand elude me.

From all the guild traders on Xbox EU I only found two Reach maps: one for 1K and the other for 20K.
    • Saucy_Jack
      Saucy_Jack
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      To be honest, I don't know why the one Reach map is so expensive, I have dug up dozens, and have never gotten an ancestral reach motif lead from it. I honestly don't think it drops them; just the Skyrim and Blackreach ones.
    • Grizzbeorn
      Grizzbeorn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Saucy_Jack wrote: »
      To be honest, I don't know why the one Reach map is so expensive

People love to price-gouge.

PC/NA Warden Main
      • SeaGtGruff
        SeaGtGruff
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭

From what I've seen in the other zones, it's normal for treasure maps to drop which are for zones other than the zones they dropped in. In fact, you're more likely to get a treasure map which is for some zone other than the one you got the treasure map in; it's just a natural result of random chance.

For instance, if there were only 10 zones, only 1 treasure map per zone, and each zone had equal chances as far as which one a dropped treasure map would be for, then your chances of finding a treasure map for Zone 1 while you were in Zone 1 would be 1-in-10, whereas your chances of finding a treasure map for one of the other 9 zones while in Zone 1 would be 9-in-10.

I'm not sure all the places where treasure maps can drop from, but I usually find them in treasure chests and thieves troves.
        I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
      • Diabolus1989
        Diabolus1989
        ✭✭✭

I've noticed that the prices of all treasure maps have generally shot up. Before they were selling for around 100g each, now they're usually between 500g-2K each.

I'm guessing it's due to the addition of overland set collections.
      • SeaGtGruff
        SeaGtGruff
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭

I've noticed that the prices of all treasure maps have generally shot up. Before they were selling for around 100g each, now they're usually between 500g-2K each.

It might be indirectly due to that, but it's directly due to the mentality of the sellers who jack up prices to whatever they feel like jacking them up to so that the higher prices eventually become the "new norm."
        I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
      • TheOriginalMrT

That's due in part to the new antiquities system. Overall treasure map chests are use to find some leads. So maps may of gone up at first due to certain leads only being found in certain chests and then other maps may have risen because players saw that maps were going up so they priced theirs high too without understanding why.
        Edited by TheOriginalMrT on December 7, 2020 6:23PM