The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Undaunted Celebration failure event

ZathrasParadox
Will be zero point in even doing this event since EVERY dungeon bluescreens me out of the game. This has been an ongoing issue since the Markarth DLC released, the recent patch only made it worse. So why even hold the event since Bethesda is unable to even fix the problem?
  • iamkeebler
    iamkeebler
    ✭✭✭✭
    My favorite thing is that they put out a statement earlier that mentioned they know that most of the dungoens are unplayable but to just skip them until the patch comes next week. Like wtf is that?! “Oh here’s an event that requires you to do dungeons but just don’t do dungeons until the event is practically over as we may or may not have fixed it by then”.

I’m getting really tired of the management of this game. Like I get it, bugs happen and sometimes you can’t predict that. But to hold an event focused around the main area of the game that’s broken is just insanity to me and seems really out of touch.

Last year I tried to get the opal pages I wanted but could barely do it due to the activity finder being broken. Thought that maybe this year I’ll finally be able to participate in this event but NOPE, dungeon problems AGAIN.

5 years as a console player and I can confidentially say I have never seen the game in such a poor state as it is right now and while ZOS may be working hard to fix it, there is NO REASON this event should be happening right now when so many players can’t participate in it due to how broken the game currently is.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MOST dungeons are unplayable??? I thought it was only lich bosses which cause problems. I’ve had no problems in the dungeons I’ve played, including three last night. Maybe we should start talking about player location and what server and time problems occur, as well as any other potentially relevant information, yes, including what add-ons were active. (I’m certainly not blaming add-on creators and appreciate all they do for the community and use several add-ons myself. But perhaps the number some use or how certain ones interact with introduced changes is problematic? One did seem to increase loading time, lag and other errors for me, perhaps because I was having it track too many things or maybe it was purely coincidence that my game worked better once I switched it off.) Perhaps it could be helpful if as a community we could find where problems correlate?
  • iamkeebler
    iamkeebler
    ✭✭✭✭
    I report every crash. I’m on PS4 -NA and literally every dungeon I go to either I dc or someone on my team DCs. It’s impossible to do achievement runs and incredibly frustrating to do hardmode when your team keeps dropping off in the middle of the fight. It’s been like this since Markarth and the last update they gave that was supposed to fix some of this didn’t. It’s sad that this is happening and I know those that write the code and develop the game are working hard af, but it’s the people calling the shots above them that I’m taking issue with.

- why stick to a strict schedule for dlc if the dlc itself was too buggy to be released?
    - Why have an event around dungeons when your dungeons are so broken you’re telling players to skip them for now
    - Why are the broken dungeons showing up as the freaking undaunted dailies when it’s KNOWN they are unplayable?!
    - Why is Xbox getting their “fix” early (even though it was a mistake) but still held off for pc and even later for PS4?

That is all signs that someone in charge doesn’t know what they are doing and are hurting the player base along with the people who actually build the game because of the decisions they are making. It sucks. I love this game and it sad to see it in such bad shape.
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting the gold box and event tickets every day so far this event by solo FG1 on my main. On PS4/NA, and I have posted earlier this week that ESO either blue screens or freezes for me regularly. And twice since Markarth released I have had my PS4 refuse to login to ESO after a blue screen, both times requiring me to rebuild the database in safe mode. So yes, the Markarth release causes blue screens regularly. But I am getting rewards from Undaunted Celebration. Are you folks unable to get through FG1 solo because of blue screens?
  • iamkeebler
    iamkeebler
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m going after the opal helms personally while also working on some achievement runs. Can I complete them? Eventually after 3-8 DCs between me and my group causing a task that should take 20 minutes to take closer to 2 hours as we deal with resetting and logging back in. So we get the box and if we’re lucky to not dc on the last boss we can at least loot it but that’s also hit or miss. Achievement runs are basically impossible though until they fix the crashing issues. It’s atrocious for some folks.
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iamkeebler wrote: »
    I’m going after the opal helms personally while also working on some achievement runs. Can I complete them? Eventually after 3-8 DCs between me and my group causing a task that should take 20 minutes to take closer to 2 hours as we deal with resetting and logging back in. So we get the box and if we’re lucky to not dc on the last boss we can at least loot it but that’s also hit or miss. Achievement runs are basically impossible though until they fix the crashing issues. It’s atrocious for some folks.

Understood. Best of luck with your in game goals, given the current state of the game.

Yesterday, after my solo run of FG1, I decided to try to PUG two of the daily Undaunted quests (Spindleclutch and City of Ash) on my healer, and I was able to complete both of them without blue screening. Which surprised me. Celebrate the small victories. :)
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iamkeebler wrote: »
    My favorite thing is that they put out a statement earlier that mentioned they know that most of the dungoens are unplayable but to just skip them until the patch comes next week. Like wtf is that?! “Oh here’s an event that requires you to do dungeons but just don’t do dungeons until the event is practically over as we may or may not have fixed it by then”.

When they tweeted that, one of them was in the daily pledges too... q u a l i t y :lol:
  • Bloodsilk
    Bloodsilk
    Soul Shriven
    My problem may be my own fault. I have no problem getting into the dungeons.
    But, I can't get Event Tickets. Usually, the 3 quest givers are divided into 2 giving group quests and 1 giving solo quests.
    Dosn't seem to work that way this year, or am I missing something again?
    I go to the Undaunted and get the Daily. Thats my first move. I clear the dungeon, kill the final boss, turn in the Quest. I get both the containers of loot. No tickets. Yes Ive did the Original Undefeated Quest, this year too.
    Is the 4 man group dungeons the only way to get the Event Tickets. Becasue that is too bad for me. I solo only, always have since day one.
    And at this point only about half way to getting the tickets for getting the Crimson Indrik. I have all the other Indriksl. Like completing things :) So now at the end of the run, I am going to have to buy a lot of event tickets to get this last one and that is kinda rough, not to mention a bit expensive.
    My own fault, but over the past two years I dont recall any of the Events requiring you to only get the tickets by grouping?
    Likely I am missing something.