The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Patch

White wabbit
White wabbit
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Is there a patch due on the 1st or 2nd before the next event ?
As like others I’m finding myself crashing more and if they haven’t fixed this issue then I don’t think I want to do the event
  • NEMESIS_97
    NEMESIS_97
    ✭✭✭
    As like others I’m finding myself crashing more and if they haven’t fixed this issue then I don’t think I want to do the event

HAHAHAH nice joke fellow player :D
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NEMESIS_97 wrote: »

So no event tickets for anyone as they won’t be able to complete the dungeon 😜
  • NEMESIS_97
    NEMESIS_97
    ✭✭✭

Seems not for me as i get crashes in vdungs every 2-3min :D ,but most funny thing is when i do daily random normal with my below lvl50 char never got pc crash..only when i pick one of my 16 max lvl chars and going in vetdeungs or vtrials :D
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Seems not for me as i get crashes in vdungs every 2-3min :D ,but most funny thing is when i do daily random normal with my below lvl50 char never got pc crash..only when i pick one of my 16 max lvl chars and going in vetdeungs or vtrials :D

Crash just looking the champion tree there is no sense to this bug
  • BazOfWar
    BazOfWar
    ✭✭✭✭
    It does state on the website they will be doing performance improvements just before the event but nothing about a patch.

That's like painting over a cracked wall without fixing the cracks.
  • Stahlor
    Stahlor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BazOfWar wrote: »
    It does state on the website they will be doing performance improvements just before the event but nothing about a patch.

Come on - there will be lots of new event goodies to purchase in the crown store!
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stahlor wrote: »

Come on - there will be lots of new event goodies to purchase in the crown store!

If you can actually get into the crown store without crashing that is
  • NEMESIS_97
    NEMESIS_97
    ✭✭✭

Crash just looking the champion tree there is no sense to this bug

With every patch that comes along with broken things...i starting to get loose sense IN ESO
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The most recent information says there is no patch coming on the 30th.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Raideen wrote: »

I was lead to believe that something was coming that’s why they delayed the next event
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raideen wrote: »

I was lead to believe that something was coming that’s why they delayed the next event

:Pats the rabbit:

There there, it will all be alright.
    Edited by zvavi on November 30, 2020 4:20PM
  • BazOfWar
    BazOfWar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Important note: We have made the decision to officially move the upcoming Undaunted Celebration event, and it will now begin December 3 at 3PM GMT and run until December 15 at 3PM GMT. This change will allow the team to make several fixes to help dungeon performance and stability that will be implemented as part of the upcoming PC/Mac and console incremental patches.

We believe these fixes will result in a significant improvement to dungeon performance during this period. We appreciate the ESO community’s patience while we work to make sure this event runs as smoothly as possible for everyone.

That is from official news however no amount of performance tweaks is going to stop the crashing that a lot of people are suffering from.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Important note: We have made the decision to officially move the upcoming Undaunted Celebration event, and it will now begin December 3 at 3PM GMT and run until December 15 at 3PM GMT. This change will allow the team to make several fixes to help dungeon performance and stability that will be implemented as part of the upcoming PC/Mac and console incremental patches.

We believe these fixes will result in a significant improvement to dungeon performance during this period. We appreciate the ESO community’s patience while we work to make sure this event runs as smoothly as possible for everyone.

That is from official news however no amount of performance tweaks is going to stop the crashing that a lot of people are suffering from.

And those improvements mentioned in the news announcement, which were originally scheduled for Dec. 2, were pushed up to Nov. 23.

Now that they released that patch early, there’s nothing more yet planned before the event.
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One hand pushes the patch to Nov 23 not to ruin the event, while the other postpones the event for the patch to hit before the event? The result is a rushed patch that didn't fix enough of the issues, and a delayed event that is still going to be plagued by bugs. Sigh.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    One hand pushes the patch to Nov 23 not to ruin the event, while the other postpones the event for the patch to hit before the event? The result is a rushed patch that didn't fix enough of the issues, and a delayed event that is still going to be plagued by bugs. Sigh.

It wasn’t simultaneous, though. The decision to postpone was announced in conjunction with the patch scheduled for Dec. 2. It was only after that that they said they would be able to deploy that patch early. On paper it was actually a good idea to get the Dec. 2nd patch out as soon as possible, even though they had already postponed the event, because it promised to fix some serious problems (like crashes) that go beyond dungeons. I imagine they might also have been trying to build in some extra time in case they needed to hotfix something afterwards, but the remaining problems seem to be much bigger than that.

I’m not sure we’re in a good position to say whether the latest patch was so ineffective because it was rushed or whether it would have been just as ineffective had it arrived on the 2nd as originally planned. (Look at how many patches fail to fix major bugs reported on the PTS even when they had 6+ weeks to address them — an extra ten days is no guarantee this patch would have been any better.) But it clearly didn’t fix enough either way, so now they’re back to square one: overload a bugged system with an event, or delay it (again).