The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

There is nothing enjoyable about this patch

relentless_turnip
relentless_turnip
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Cyrodill performance is totally unacceptable. I can't generally start playing it until late at night.

The tanky proc meta is totally unenjoyable and to anyone who wants to play using skills, who has to stack offensive stats to be effective they put themselves at a great disadvantage by doing so. You can't compete consistently in BG's without a proc build. It also makes cyrodill unenjoyable on the occasions it does work.

Why should you be able to stack 30 - 40k health and be rewarded with a stronger heal and a greater, more reliable offence.

About a year a go I was having a great time in this game. The meta was tanky, but it was much better than this. The thing is it wouldn't be very tanky if procs sets weren't the current meta. I think balance would be pretty good without them. We haven't even had the chance to see the impact of the buff changes as we have been playing a meta that is unreliant on stats.

Things I think need to happen in the next patch preferably before. All these have been said many times, but I am just consolidating them.

- Heals no longer stack on themselves. This will kill ball groups imo and stop people spamming skills like rapid regen in an attempt to apply 3-6 layers on each member of their group. I can't see this effecting anyone else significantly tbh.

- Purge can only be individually used every 8-10 secs. Again this greatly effects ballgroups, whilst also making a more healthy use of purge. I don't believe you should be able to remove all damage every GCD anyway. This will be totally justifiable with the adjustment to proc sets.

- Proc sets scale with offensive stats. Meaning you need to put your attributes into stamina/magicka and couldn't stack 2-3 proc sets. You would need to couple a proc set with a set like new moon for it to be as effective as it is now. Some proc sets individually probably need looking at, but for now that would do.

- The new arena weapons need looking at if not effected by the above point.

- malacath no longer buffs damage that normally wouldn't crit. Proc sets again...

Feel free to add your thoughts here, but be aware they are just my opinions.

Edited by relentless_turnip on November 30, 2020 9:02AM
  • ivramirez
    ivramirez
    ✭✭✭
    A person that plays the game and understand what changes are needed in PVP. Agree 100%
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with your ideas, or at least in theory I do, but to be honest the thing that concerns me the most this patch is all the crashing.

Sure, running into things like proc wearing stamdens with 40k health every couple minutes, or getting hit by a poison injection by some dumpster fire stamblade and suddenly being covered in 6 DoT's (that I can't purge either) is definitely not much fun.

But you know what's even less fun than that?

Going up to them to smash their teeth into the pavement American History X style (because honestly who doesn't feel like doing that every time they encounter a [offensive term for proc wearer]?)...only to crash out of the game. If I had to choose between two bad choices I'd rather pick a game with a trash meta that actually works vs. a game with a decent meta that doesn't.

Just so this isn't completely off-topic though -- I do actually like most of your ideas and think that some implementation of them could do a lot to stave off the current procpocalypse. The lack of heal stacking would be interesting. I think ball groups would still find ways around it by optimizing their groups via the use of multiple different heals, which is fine, but at least it would cut down on stacking 6+ regenerations on a single person. As for purge, if it were to be changed to try and eliminate purgebots spamming it I think something more like a short "purge immunity" akin to off-balance immunity would be better, but I do agree that being able to instantly and continually wipe out the majority of damage for most of your group in a single button click is a bit absurd.
    Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing fun about a bug riddled arena.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @JayKwellen said how I feel pretty darn well
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i just checked forum after a month or so. many ppl on the forum just have no *** idea what they talking about.

What ur writing tho is 100 % correct. i can agree on all points.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JayKwellen wrote: »
    I agree with your ideas, or at least in theory I do, but to be honest the thing that concerns me the most this patch is all the crashing.

Sure, running into things like proc wearing stamdens with 40k health every couple minutes, or getting hit by a poison injection by some dumpster fire stamblade and suddenly being covered in 6 DoT's (that I can't purge either) is definitely not much fun.

But you know what's even less fun than that?

Going up to them to smash their teeth into the pavement American History X style (because honestly who doesn't feel like doing that every time they encounter a [offensive term for proc wearer]?)...only to crash out of the game. If I had to choose between two bad choices I'd rather pick a game with a trash meta that actually works vs. a game with a decent meta that doesn't.

Just so this isn't completely off-topic though -- I do actually like most of your ideas and think that some implementation of them could do a lot to stave off the current procpocalypse. The lack of heal stacking would be interesting. I think ball groups would still find ways around it by optimizing their groups via the use of multiple different heals, which is fine, but at least it would cut down on stacking 6+ regenerations on a single person. As for purge, if it were to be changed to try and eliminate purgebots spamming it I think something more like a short "purge immunity" akin to off-balance immunity would be better, but I do agree that being able to instantly and continually wipe out the majority of damage for most of your group in a single button click is a bit absurd.

The purge immunity you mentioned is exactly what I meant, apologies if I stated it with less clarity.

I haven't had any issues with crashing which is weird... It must be incredibly annoying, I certainly suffered during harrowstorm with crashes. I have a theory it is a GPU overload. I found I had to switch off a new option they added and lower my graphics as my GPU seemed permanently peaking. Unfortunately if you're on console you can't adjust this... Tbh it might not be that, I just noticed a difference to my performance a couple of days into Markarth.

Thanks for commenting, I appreciate your thoughts 👍
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Noctus thanks man 👍
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ivramirez thanks mate 😁
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cant agree with title, Vateshran destro is quite enjoyable, proc tanks are annoying
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pauls wrote: »
    Cant agree with title, Vateshran destro is quite enjoyable, proc tanks are annoying

I definetly think the bugs of that staff need looking at. I streaked twice from it last night and I was still tethered 😂👍

I generally don't enjoy low input playstyles that general proc provide. I personally would put this staff in that camp, but as long as it makes people happy and it's balanced I don't mind 👍
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While it's still not good, it's better than last patch.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ThePedge wrote: »

Performance wise I agree, meta wise it's much worse 😭
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's far better, much less Syvarras and Sheer Venom spam.
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Now it's vate destro which deals the same damage as Sheer venom and syvarra's did.

It's just as bad as it was last patch people still run nothing other than procs and there is no reason not to.

• ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the meta is a bad as last patch, but they added vathe destro staff and that single item just made life worse for everyone lol
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two metas rolled into one and performance still bad? Just when you think you hit the bottom of the pit the floor gives out and you start falling again.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT2 wrote: »

Now it's vate destro which deals the same damage as Sheer venom and syvarra's did.
    At least the Vateshran Destruction Staff can't be applied on multiple targets at the same time, from maximum range, and automatically reapply even if you kill the proc-user or successfully LOS/disengage entirely.
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    BohnT2 wrote: »

At least the Vateshran Destruction Staff can't be applied on multiple targets at the same time, from maximum range, and automatically reapply even if you kill the proc-user or successfully LOS/disengage entirely.

It's in no way more bearable than the rest of the procs, it's the strongest one we currently have in the game.
    Just like all others it's overtuned and completely unbalanced and needs to go
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completely agree with the OP. Completely agree with anyone whose base idea is to get rid of health stacked proc meta. I just can't think of much worse than dumbing things down like this.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Two metas rolled into one and performance still bad? Just when you think you hit the bottom of the pit the floor gives out and you start falling again.

Haha 😂 I love this anology👍
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Haha 😂 I love this anology👍

I'm a pretty simple guy, over the course of this game proc sets came from the orig Camo Hunter, which no one appreciated.

Then they baked the very same concept into gear.

As people complained about unkillable tanks.

It's been this chase the white rabbit balance game because some people can't keep up with a semi reasonable TTK.

So the analogy fits. 😁👌