The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Banished Cells II Etiquette

Poncho28
Poncho28
✭✭✭
1. Swap out your Infernal Maw monster set for something else, your tank deserves better
2. ZOS, if you're reading this, spawn said pug's Daedroth somewhere else other than right in between tank and boss.

Thanks

Your Friendly Neighborhood Tank
Poncho-Dovahkiin (Defilers of Molag Bal, Lost Souls of Tamriel, Foundations Start, Rebellious Spirit)
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Poncho88 wrote: »
    1. Swap out your Infernal Maw monster set for something else, your tank deserves better
    2. ZOS, if you're reading this, spawn said pug's Daedroth somewhere else other than right in between tank and boss.

Thanks

I specifically do not run this monster set so that tanks have a better time. I know it hurts my DPS, but I have never been one to measure my worth in a game by the DPS I do.
  • NEMESIS_97
    NEMESIS_97
    ✭✭✭

Thanks

Agree maw is annoying for tanks+sorck atro ulti dropped right in tanks face
  • grkkll
    grkkll
    ✭✭✭
    Also the giant necro thing that keeps cropping up.
  • Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    grkkll wrote: »
    Also the giant necro thing that keeps cropping up.

UGH, yeah, I [snip] hate the stupid necromancer ultimate... it's a giant eyesore that screws with ALL your team's field of view, especially the tank's.

[Edited for Censor Bypass]
    Edited by Psiion on November 29, 2020 2:42AM
    "Proud purveyor of Cyrodiil Pickles."
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would happily swap it for Zaan if it would drop in anything besides light well fitted. Or even Grothdarr if it would drop in anything besides light sturdy.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that sometimes the Maw spawns right in front of me but I just step to the side which most fights permit.

However, I tanked this last night with one pug in the group that I noticed had the Maw set on. I do not recall it ever begin an issue nor do I think I ever tried to taunt their Maw spawn. I think it may be because when I am holding the adds I am not near the boss. When I hear the noise indicating the add has spawned I look at the spawn location to taunt it. Yes, I do keep the boss taunted so most of his attacks come my way but I have no business being near him since I do not want the adds to die.
  • SonOfSoma
    SonOfSoma
    ✭✭✭
    OP.. cant you decifer players maw?
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    I agree that sometimes the Maw spawns right in front of me but I just step to the side which most fights permit.

However, I tanked this last night with one pug in the group that I noticed had the Maw set on. I do not recall it ever begin an issue nor do I think I ever tried to taunt their Maw spawn. I think it may be because when I am holding the adds I am not near the boss. When I hear the noise indicating the add has spawned I look at the spawn location to taunt it. Yes, I do keep the boss taunted so most of his attacks come my way but I have no business being near him since I do not want the adds to die.

Yeah this is also a great point. If you are holding adds over near the spawn and one of the other group members inner fires the boss away from you than friendly daedroths shouldn’t come anywhere near you.

To that point though the above strategy should be coordinated in a premade group because pugs can get chaotic attempting a stunt like that!
    Edited by Everest_Lionheart on November 28, 2020 10:13PM
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks

I would never use this set... ever... in any PvE content, because I know from painful experience how annoying it is for tanks. So I agree with you it's the courteous thing to do.

That being said: I try not to blame those who do use it. It's not their fault and the real blame lay at the developer's feet for designing sets (some abilities as well) without taking into account the negative effects they can have on others during group play.
    Edited by Jeremy on November 28, 2020 10:20PM
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Raideen wrote: »

Thanks

I specifically do not run this monster set so that tanks have a better time. I know it hurts my DPS, but I have never been one to measure my worth in a game by the DPS I do.

Same... I run Valkyn Skoria 99% of the time and my DPS is only a tiny bit lower than it is with Maw. The other 1% of the time I run Zaan, which outperforms Skoria and even Maw in very stationary single-target fights.
  • Poncho28
    Poncho28
    ✭✭✭

Yeah this is also a great point. If you are holding adds over near the spawn and one of the other group members inner fires the boss away from you than friendly daedroths shouldn’t come anywhere near you.

To that point though the above strategy should be coordinated in a premade group because pugs can get chaotic attempting a stunt like that!

No, I pull the Daedroths away on final boss .. but the intermediate bosses up to this boss I hold aggro on and still the spawn point for the infernal maw is right in my face.

Having said that, the spawned Daedroth running around on the final fight does get a bit confusing when I'm holding 4+ Daedroths, even while away from main boss.
    Poncho-Dovahkiin (Defilers of Molag Bal, Lost Souls of Tamriel, Foundations Start, Rebellious Spirit)
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raideen wrote: »

Thanks

Same... I run Valkyn Skoria 99% of the time and my DPS is only a tiny bit lower than it is with Maw. The other 1% of the time I run Zaan, which outperforms Skoria and even Maw in very stationary single-target fights.
    One tricks some here told was to tank the daedrots at the base here you can hold them soft taunted with wall of ice or other AoE.
    In short tank does not interact with the boss at all, tank might drop daedrots for the DD to kill in aoe in an low dps group.
    I like this dungeon and darkshade 2 as its so many solutions.
    Darkshade 2 is also an nice here in that unless all know the tricks they differentiating an army from an mob as in communication.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    “Seventh Legion Cursed Hero Achievement - In Veteran Banished Cells II, defeat High Kinlord Rilis while three or more Daedroth still live AND all 4 players have Maw Of The Infernal proc’d.”

S.
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While we are at it, I hate pets, combat and non combat. I also hate people who spawn their merchant/banker and run the entire dungeon along them.
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MajThorax wrote: »
    While we are at it, I hate pets, combat and non combat. I also hate people who spawn their merchant/banker and run the entire dungeon along them.

Same here. Thank god for kick button:)
  • Poncho28
    Poncho28
    ✭✭✭
    “Seventh Legion Cursed Hero Achievement - In Veteran Banished Cells II, defeat High Kinlord Rilis while three or more Daedroth still live AND all 4 players have Maw Of The Infernal proc’d.”

S.

Careful .. someone might actually interpret this as a good idea ...
  • Poncho28
    Poncho28
    ✭✭✭
    SonOfSoma wrote: »

Just caught this and to answer your question, once I have 3 or 4 Daedroth (bad ones) if front of me, my cursor can't focus past. So I'm left wondering should I move around and fire a ranged taunt to pull it in or not (cursor not able to focus to pick up red outline or not). Make sense? I might've stumbled trying to explain that.
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »

Thanks

I would never use this set... ever... in any PvE content, because I know from painful experience how annoying it is for tanks. So I agree with you it's the courteous thing to do.

That being said: I try not to blame those who do use it. It's not their fault and the real blame lay at the developer's feet for designing sets (some abilities as well) without taking into account the negative effects they can have on others during group play.

I don't even know if they could fix this
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks

Ez. Make hide ally effects actually hide ally effects.
  • Zodiarkslayer
    Zodiarkslayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SonOfSoma wrote: »

Just caught this and to answer your question, once I have 3 or 4 Daedroth (bad ones) if front of me, my cursor can't focus past. So I'm left wondering should I move around and fire a ranged taunt to pull it in or not (cursor not able to focus to pick up red outline or not). Make sense? I might've stumbled trying to explain that.

I have nameplates and healthbars set in a way, that i can easily differentiate friend from foe. The trick is to set it to "always show".
    This way i dont have to look at them to highlight. Combined with the right brightness settings for enemy and friend colors, this problem dissolves into oblivion.
    zvavi wrote: »

Thanks

Ez. Make hide ally effects actually hide ally effects.

That would be great, wouldn't it?
    read, think and write.In that order.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s never been something I’ve ever coordinated. It just makes sense as a tank to keep the adds away from the boss of we are trying to keep them alive. It makes just as much sense for the for the DPS to not attack the adds if we are not trying to kill them.

Even when I have run with my more casual friends and we have to kill some daedroth it has stil not been an issue. We have to move so much in that fight that the law spawn doesn’t have much of a chance to get in my way.
  • svendf
    svendf
    ✭✭✭✭
    When on my tank amd one in the group use the infernal set. There s a big risk for me leaving and it happens more and more.

I have never use that set in a dungeon configuration only solo as I se it as a solo set.
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s never been something I’ve ever coordinated. It just makes sense as a tank to keep the adds away from the boss of we are trying to keep them alive. It makes just as much sense for the for the DPS to not attack the adds if we are not trying to kill them.

Even when I have run with my more casual friends and we have to kill some daedroth it has stil not been an issue. We have to move so much in that fight that the law spawn doesn’t have much of a chance to get in my way.

Coordinated group we nuke the boss and daedroths down to ~20% at which point the tank will break off and usually our healer will inner fire the boss to grab aggro. We mostly just LA the boss until the tank has enough Daedroth’s on him/her and drop the execute hammer. Easy and efficient.

My last run through there however was a PUG with a fake tank. We got to boss and he throws up in chat, “HM?” He’s not holding a single daedroth so it becomes chaotic real quick and we succumb to the torture on about daedroth number 11. At least if you are gonna fake tank it please do some DPS so we can be done with it. Anyway next pull and I didn’t really focus the boss just burned to daedroths while the other guys focused the boss. My AOE’s killed the third daedroth before we got the boss down, no HM, tears all the way around, sadness from some, laughter from others!