The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Non combat spells cause draw weapons?

Cladius30
Cladius30
✭✭✭✭✭
I dont understand why i need to take my sword out to do a non combat spell?
  • Cladius30
    Cladius30
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drawing and sheathing should have nothing to do with casting non combat spells what so ever at all and should be addressed and fixed. Seems like an immature technical issue from beta that wasn't fixed.
    Edited by Cladius30 on November 27, 2020 2:21PM
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plz explain what you mean when you say non combat spells.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Non-combat spells are emotes and mementos.... If its an ability it is a combat spell whether you use it for combat or not.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Cladius30
    Cladius30
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do I need to pull out my two handed sword to cast mage light or heal someone?
    Edited by Cladius30 on November 28, 2020 10:20PM
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are you using magelight with a 2-handed sword?

And magelight in ESO is a combat spell that reveals stealthed foes. If you are looking for a spell to brighten up the place for RP reasons I'd look into Almalexia's Enchanted Lantern. Lasts far longer and actually lights the place up. As for healing the Psijic heal doesn't have you holding a weapon while it's channeling.

The reason you draw your weapons is because your character is ready for battle. All of those things are for combat.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Cladius30
    Cladius30
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a healing spell is for battle? i dont think so
    if im in town and i just wanted to heal someone who is low in health i still have to pull out my weapon?
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »
    Non-combat spells are emotes and mementos.... If its an ability it is a combat spell whether you use it for combat or not.

My counter example would be Rapid Maneuvers (and yes, I realize this ability is unique in the game). It can be cast while mounted, and it's longest lasting benefit is only applicable while mounted; of course, you can't mount while in combat. Prior to Markarth, it did not force a weapon draw while on foot. Now it does, which is irritating because when used out of combat it just causes a cycle of weapon draw /sheathed animation. Even more baffling, if you have the prevent attacking innocents option on, it will refuse to cast if you have an npc in view, despite neither requiring a target nor doing any damage.
  • what_the
    what_the
    ✭✭✭
    Cladius30 wrote: »
    a healing spell is for battle? i dont think so
    if im in town and i just wanted to heal someone who is low in health i still have to pull out my weapon?

Well, your heal spell on someone in town make them draw their weapons too, even if they are just standing around minding their own business.