The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why is there roof protection on player housing...

kingsforged
kingsforged
✭✭✭
REALLY annoying... trying to edit stuff on the Antiq gallery home and constantly being pushed off if I slightly misjudge my platform.

I understand the need for it in content zones, but in player housing it's just irritating and serves zero purpose.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why either, maybe your head pokes through the roof if it's not there. Anything that makes housing easier is a plus to me.
  • kingsforged
    kingsforged
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why either, maybe your head pokes through the roof if it's not there. Anything that makes housing easier is a plus to me.

Ughhh... wouldn't surprise me if they bloody hardcoded it into roof assets...
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take Twin Arches House in Bangkorai - it has a flat roof - but you cannot use it because you cannot enter it. Have not bought it yet because of this. But no high hopes that this will ever change.
    PC/EU
  • kingsforged
    kingsforged
    ✭✭✭
    Take Twin Arches House in Bangkorai - it has a flat roof - but you cannot use it because you cannot enter it. Have not bought it yet because of this. But no high hopes that this will ever change.

Yeah I doubt it'll be changed, just really annoyed me whilst I was trying to do a funny santa style picture and kept getting pushed off if I moved something slightly wrong
  • Faiza
    Faiza
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm a little confused what you mean by this? I have items on top of my Twin Arches roof. Do you mean it can't be stood on by the player?
  • Faiza
    Faiza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faiza wrote: »

I'm a little confused what you mean by this? I have items on top of my Twin Arches roof. Do you mean it can't be stood on by the player?

Okay I see now. I made stairs up to the roof to see. When I placed my statues I was standing on the ground, not up top. I see now that although they seem flat on the roof from below, they are actually not.

Hmm

This is so odd because I can stand on top of my curved longhouse and put furniture on it lol
    Edited by Faiza on December 4, 2020 1:12AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a defined area/size for everything in the game. It is a requirement.

I except the question is really more along the lines, why is the defined area not set higher than it is?
  • kingsforged
    kingsforged
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    There is a defined area/size for everything in the game. It is a requirement.

I except the question is really more along the lines, why is the defined area not set higher than it is?

?

This post isn't about the height cap, it's about roof protection, where surfaces basically defined as a roof/top of a structure push you off/make you slide down.

In world zones it make sense to stop people doing 'parkour' across buildings, but in player housing it's just a annoying hindrance to people trying to create.