The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Linking ESO account with Steam

Ganj
Ganj
✭✭✭
Hello. First of all if there is any certain answer about these questions forgive me because even though how much i tried i couldnt find the proper answer. If there are explanations link them away please :smile:

I have Elder Scrolls Online game and have been playing since 2014 so i have couple more DLC which i bought all them via "https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/store or in game". Never played ESO by using steam. I linked my ESO account with steam on "https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/account/linked_accounts".

How does it work exactly? Can i use my main/old account if i buy ESO on steam or will it be completely new account?

If im able to use my main/old account by launching via steam what will happen to my ESO plus/crowns/dlc and rest? Should i buy all of them from the beginning?

I have read comments of people who doesnt suggest ESO on steam. I understand there are some issues about that. But still want to know these before i buy.

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Khazad_dum
    Khazad_dum
    ✭✭
    And also,after i link my account to steam,am i be able to use my steam wallet for ESO contents? I'd like to buy Greymoor Chapter from Steam because its way too cheaper than the other platforms for my country. All i need is a clear answer that says '' yes,if you link your account to steam,you can make purchases from steam for your account and you can use Steam CD Keys aswell '' or '' No,even if you link your account to steam,you'll not be able to make purchases from steam. You cannot use your steam wallet for ESO contents. You have to buy a new game from Steam and you should start from beginning. ''

@ZOS_BillE
    Answer ✓
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to ask, being a Steam user myself, why would you want to link this game to Steam? It only adds a layer of complexity and issues to logging into the game. It does nothing else for the game. I use Steam for most of my games, but not this one.

As for linking your account, which again, I beg you not to if you have not done so, does not mean you have to buy the game again.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Ganj
    Ganj
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for your concern. One of the main reasons i do not play ESO is the currency. Where i from it is literally x4 prices compare to steam. For example some dlc or ESO plus or what ever 38 price on steam, 145 price on ESO which is almost a rent in my country :smile: So if you consider all of those dlc and the rest its huge amount because of our horrible currency but this is another topic.

I did link my account with steam but couldnt understand what did you mean here "As for linking your account, does not mean you have to buy the game again.". Dont i have to buy it from steam aswell? If i dont how do i even start the game?

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36517/~/can-i-link-my-existing-the-elder-scrolls-online-account-to-my-steam-account?

I have read this but explanations sends me to steam library so which means i have to buy ESO again via steam? In fact im even okay with that if my account is going to work like that.

But one of my main question is what will happen to my dlc/plus/crowns ?
    Edited by Ganj on November 26, 2020 1:44PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linking your account just means it uses the Steam Login credentials to sign on to the existing game. So, you have to have Steam running to run ESO

As for anything on your current account, it all should pass through. I am not sure if you have to buy new content in Steam or from Bethesda or if it matters.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Ganj
    Ganj
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for you attention. But addition to these i would like to hear official answers from an official :)