The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Quick stealth question

Larcomar
Larcomar
✭✭✭✭✭
Posted this query in another post but it was a bit off topic so thought I shd make it a separate query. With the changes to grouping and healing cyro, Ive started playing my stam nb in pvp a lot more but find the stealth thing a bit janky. Some of the time it seems to work ok - I can hit crouch, my guy will kneel down and go "hidden". However, some of the time I'll just get the half closed eye and "detected". Other times, he'll crouch but immediately stand back up. And at points, he won't even crouch at all. Hitting shadowy disguise may or may not enable him to get into sneak, as will turning off sneak, and turning it back on again. Realise I don't understand enough about what's happening when.

- As I understand it, there's a detection radius which various sets, racial passives and detect pots shrink / expand, quite significantly in some cases. Do these change your status to "detected" (ie you can crouch and enter sneak but are "detected") - or do they stop you entering sneak in the first place, or force you out of it if already in it?

- Does line of sight bear on this - ie moving behind an environmental obstacle will clear it - or is it a straight radius - I think 20m for detect pots.

- Does "detected" mean that just the other player sees you - or can all enemy players see you?

Sorry if these are basic qus - jusst struggling to disentangle what's game design and what's a performance "feature"

cheers

L

• Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've noticed that lag in Cyrodiil can manifest as my toon having problems going into hiding.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I was wondering if it's just buggy as hell. Just wanted to check that I wasn't misunderstanding how sneak and stealth worked and blaming performance.Bottom line, I'd say it's (usually) playable till about 5-6pm, then frankly no point bothering. I was willing to assume it was just more players coming on using pots etc Maybe not!
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issues mostly have to do with the server not being caught up to where you are. Been seeing this happen outside Cyrodiil as well and I might have to stand back up and hit crouch again in order for the server to be like "Oh, you are hidden!" and then I'll enter sneak. Very annoying to be honest, and it gets even more annoying when the server's clock gets slowed down due to heavy lag and the vampire sprint invisibility that activates after 3 seconds ends up taking like 6-10+ seconds before activating....
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK