The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nice Quality of Life Change: Make siege stack

erio
erio
✭✭✭✭✭
My inventory cries every time i go into cyro

Nice Quality of Life Change: Make siege stack 112 votes

Make siege stack
91%
SirAndyKikazaruJoy_DivisionSoul_DemongameswithaspoonNskDenRDMyers65b14_ESOwenchmore420b14_ESOLalocatIruil_ESODaviiid_ESOTigoralterfenixeb17_ESOks888AektannWolfpawDyngrinKwoungSorakaBergisMacBride 102 votes
No dont
8%
DemonNinjaKartalinmielynFolkbSanctum74JierdanitVLVDIMYRShomenuchiIndigogorbfrgsp 10 votes
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make siege stack
    Why don’t they stack at all anyway??? It boggles my mind and fills our guild bank!
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll take a siege bag, included for free with ESO+, then I won't care if they stack or not.
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Make siege stack
    Yes please
  • Indigogo
    Indigogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No dont
    Honestly a tough one. Yes I would love it for me. Would hate my enemies being able to access like 100 ballista at every siege tho lol.
    The way it is means there's only so much a player can carry at a time and fights won't be endless.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Make siege stack
    Indigogo wrote: »
    Honestly a tough one. Yes I would love it for me. Would hate my enemies being able to access like 100 ballista at every siege tho lol.
    The way it is means there's only so much a player can carry at a time and fights won't be endless.

I am pretty sure you can always carry enough siege weapons to complete any siege (win or lose), regardless of whether they stacked or not. I commonly carry 7-10 ballista, 5 meatbags, 4 rams, a couple lancers if I have them and some other random siege. The only times I have ever run out is when I forgot to restock at the prior keep. Banking them afterwards though, what a freaking waste of bank space, its like 40 slots used! How much does 40 bank slots cost on the Crown Store, its pretty pricey.
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isnt it a technical limitation that they cant stack due to them having durability?
    [DC/NA]
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make siege stack
    badmojo wrote: »
    Isnt it a technical limitation that they cant stack due to them having durability?

This^^ Unused sieges should stack though but then again players could have 1000+ sieges with them in bag.
  • alterfenixeb17_ESO
    alterfenixeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Make siege stack
    Total capacity of bag is currently 200 out of which usually less than 100 is used by items that cannot be moved to bank so this unlikely will make much of the difference really.

Also question about stacking this 1000 - who really cares since it is unlikely they currently use lets say more than 20 before they resupply even though there is inventory space still? ofc there could be still put some limits such as do not stack more than 5 or do not stack already used ones.
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No dont
    The highest damage in the game used from the safety of the walls should have some drawback to it.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make siege stack

I hadn’t considered that... Perhaps it would be ideal if they stacked in banks but not in character inventory? So the bank stacks would need to be small — stacks of ten perhaps.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Make siege stack
    Sanctum74 wrote: »
    The highest damage in the game used from the safety of the walls should have some drawback to it.

Not even close to the highest damage. I can shrug off most siege, except for oils. Players do a ton more damage than siege.
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make siege stack

It doesnt do that much damage lol. Any why should the drawback be playing the inventory management minigame?
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No dont
    Other than a few skills it is the highest damage from the safety of the wall. Sorry the math don’t lie.
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make siege stack
    Other than a few skills it is the highest damage from the safety of the wall. Sorry the math don’t lie.

That has like a 10 second cooldown, and can be easily avoided, can be purged, can be negated with siege shield, and its not an ability lol. If you die to siege thats a l2p issue
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No dont
    erio wrote: »

That has like a 10 second cooldown, and can be easily avoided, can be purged, can be negated with siege shield, and its not an ability lol. If you die to siege thats a l2p issue

When the red telegraph doesn’t appear and you get hit with 3-4 at 8k a piece, yeah it’s a l2p issue. Lol keep trolling, it’s a different word when you get off the wall and actually play the game.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make siege stack
    I remember watching some Q&A with ESO Devs on a stream and there was a question about that.
    And as far as I remember, the problem was that sieges have their own HP. That is why they do not stack...

But why they did not make "full HP" sieges stack and the non-full HP non stack ? IDK, it is not like it is impossible to make or something... It seems purely a technical issue to me.

Other theory I have seen is that you have a limit of sieges you can carry (200 inventory limit) and it is some kind of balancing factor, so you need to re-supply. With stackable sieges you could potentially have almost like an infinity of them.

Now idk if this is a huge issue, and if it would change something balance-wise, but to me it would be huge QOL improvement.
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make siege stack

When the red telegraph doesn’t appear and you get hit with 3-4 at 8k a piece, yeah it’s a l2p issue. Lol keep trolling, it’s a different word when you get off the wall and actually play the game.

No siege should be hitting you for 8k at once. 4-5k at most. If you have your red circles set to default that is a l2p issue lol. My sub assault hits harder lmao.
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make siege stack
    I remember watching some Q&A with ESO Devs on a stream and there was a question about that.
    And as far as I remember, the problem was that sieges have their own HP. That is why they do not stack...

But why they did not make "full HP" sieges stack and the non-full HP non stack ? IDK, it is not like it is impossible to make or something... It seems purely a technical issue to me.

Other theory I have seen is that you have a limit of sieges you can carry (200 inventory limit) and it is some kind of balancing factor, so you need to re-supply. With stackable sieges you could potentially have almost like an infinity of them.

Now idk if this is a huge issue, and if it would change something balance-wise, but to me it would be huge QOL improvement.

Very true. theres an infinite amount of solutions to this problem besides having each individual siege have its slot.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Make siege stack

Very true. theres an infinite amount of solutions to this problem besides having each individual siege have its slot.

Like a "Siege Bag" you unlock at Alliance Rank 10 or something.
  • thegreat_one
    thegreat_one
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well part of defending a keep is to use fire seige on the enemy ballistas/ram/treb etc. and burn them down.

But the defenders and attackers do have merchants near by they can replenish them on.
  • ThreeXB
    ThreeXB
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make siege stack
    Yes, new unused siege should stack
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seige does not stack because each is a unique item due to wear and tear. It is the same reason armor and weapons do not stack.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Make siege stack
    idk wrote: »
    Seige does not stack because each is a unique item due to wear and tear. It is the same reason armor and weapons do not stack.

That could be easily handled by the game always grabbing the unstacked "used" one when you use the quickslot and stacking all the unused new ones. Thus a stack and a extra used one in inventory (2 slots), instead of 10 of various health (10 slots) cluttering your inventory/bank.

Then if a player didn't want even 2 stacks, they just leave the used one at the last siege to deteriorate and be done with it.
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »

Like a "Siege Bag" you unlock at Alliance Rank 10 or something.

Bruh, with some guilds, the sheer amount of electricity consumed to power those SSDs on servers to retain that data..
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make siege stack

Who cares? While they are setting down their 67th ballista, the first 61 have deteriorated into nothingness and I'll just kill them.
  • Greasytengu
    Greasytengu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make siege stack

Who cares? While they are setting down their 67th ballista, the first 61 have deteriorated into nothingness and I'll just kill them.

And its not like there isnt a siege cap or anything around keeps, if one person wants to supply a raid with siege, I say let them!
    " I nEeD HeAlInG!!! "
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »
    idk wrote: »

That could be easily handled by the game always grabbing the unstacked "used" one when you use the quickslot and stacking all the unused new ones. Thus a stack and a extra used one in inventory (2 slots), instead of 10 of various health (10 slots) cluttering your inventory/bank.

Then if a player didn't want even 2 stacks, they just leave the used one at the last siege to deteriorate and be done with it.

That would he an easy way to define things however, that doesn't mean it's an easy change.

It would require building a system in the game to change the identifier for a piece of seige from a general identifier to a unique identifier. New systems are often not simple or easy.
  • Oakenaxe
    Oakenaxe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make siege stack
    New update coming, I think it is about time this becomes a thing, isn't it?
    a.k.a. Leo
    non-native English speaker
    200-300 ping and low fps player
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perfect! I came here to post this very thing. And for those that argue you can't stack them in real life, you can't carry 200 stackable furnishing items either.
  • rbfrgsp
    rbfrgsp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No dont
    No. On PC EU there are a bunch of crap players who troll siege arrius from the mine. The easiest way to deal with them is to run over and murder the siege vendor at the mine so that they have to leave to restock. If these people had 300+ engines in their inventory then they would literally never stop.