Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Save on Greymoor & Grab Exclusive Crown Store Bundles"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
queexrdtmj1p.png
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article "Save on Greymoor & Grab Exclusive Crown Store Bundles During Black Fredas"

Save up to 67% on The Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor and pick up new and returning Crown Store bundles during the Black Fredas 2020 sale.
Edited by ZOS_SarahHecker on January 14, 2021 4:10PM
Staff Post
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The offerings in this article look kinda weak. Where are the houses? Why not offer mount bundles from the years 2016-2019? And after two years of ESO+ you return the same (and only) costume (Priestess of Mara)? There's nothing new for those who stuck around all this time? Come on guys.
    Edited by Michae on November 25, 2020 3:34PM
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No actual discounts, only ESO+ deals? No returning of discontinued items? Meh. Mega-meh.

And making new bundle available only to ESO+ members is extremely unfair and I'm saying it as a ESO+ member. Did players drop their subs that hard?
    Edited by Nairinhe on November 25, 2020 3:36PM
  • FaceDancer
    FaceDancer
    ✭✭
    The black fredas of this year was some disappointing, I was hoping for discounts or items back to the store, I have my money ready for a couple of houses.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seems to me that all there doing is trying to push Eso plus
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    crown sale?
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, not even a discount on the assistants this year? Oh well, probably a better deal if I wait for a Crown sale and then pick up a merchant at the regular price.

Another Greymoor sale makes sense, but I already got it during the event (and glad I got it by then as the event rewards were totally worth it!) so that leaves... two mounts. That’s rather on par with what might rotate through in the course of a regular month, no? Certainly not what I would consider a Black Friday sale to generate excitement. IMHO, last week was much more exciting with the return of the Brassy Assassin personality and Morag Tong costume! Ah well, probably just as well that ZOS doesn’t tempt me to spend more money with the holidays coming up (because I totally would for Tel Galen); I will continue to enjoy what I already have in game. :smile:
    Nairinhe wrote: »
    No actual discounts, only ESO+ deals? No returning of discontinued items? Meh. Mega-meh.

And making new bundle available only to ESO+ members is extremely unfair and I'm saying it as a ESO+ member. Did players drop their subs that hard?

It’s one mount, not so big a deal, and much less “unfair” than all the stuff only available through Crown crates IMHO. :unamused:
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    May I recommend the Black Friday of 2018 to your attention? (And the attention of your marketing team?)
    You returned several Limited Time Houses, Costumes; and added discounts for many items, including Assistants.
    That was in addition to the new Bundle and the Crown Crate discounts.

What have you been doing these past 2 years? Genuine question. Do you not like money suddenly? :wink:
    Cause I'm pretty sure you made tons of money in 2018's Black Friday, while really negligible amounts in 2019/20.
    What's preventing you from bringing back old items and at least giving yourself the chance to make money? Lol.

I came back to ESO to check if there's anything nice to buy, spent 0 Crowns and logged out again.
    Meanwhile, I already bought 8k Gems in GW2 and spent 6k of them this week, and their Black Friday sales are only starting. I'm not writing this to flex or anything, just to highlight that they at least brought back a lot of items and gave themselves the chance. If you won't even try selling your stuff, nobody will buy it for sure. I don't really understand how that's a better situation for you than 2018 was, really. You do you, ESO, this is just food for thought.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glad ESO Plus members are finally getting something exclusive to purchase. Not everything has to be "free" items or discounts on old items/large crate packs. And as already mentioned, crate gamblers have already gotten a fair number of exclusive items, in addition to what's in the crates.

I will agree that it's rather slim as Black Fredas sales go. For anyone hoping for Tel Galen to return, I think there's a good chance of that during the Tribunal Celebration early next year.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Glad ESO Plus members are finally getting something exclusive to purchase. Not everything has to be "free" items or discounts on old items/large crate packs. And as already mentioned, crate gamblers have already gotten a fair number of exclusive items, in addition to what's in the crates.

I will agree that it's rather slim as Black Fredas sales go. For anyone hoping for Tel Galen to return, I think there's a good chance of that during the Tribunal Celebration early next year.

I don't really get the appeal of ESO+ exclusive sales. "Pay us money so you can pay us money"? The fact is that after two years of ESO+ appreciation program or whatever it's called we got some figurines and the same costume again. This deal on Black Fredas just adds the insult to injury and alienates non subscribers. The bundle's barely worth it as it is, and you'd have to sub on top of that? And there are no other offerings really, similar to last year. It's not like they nead to store those things in warehouses and aren't stocked at the moment. Where are the houses that many people have been waiting for? Where are the costumes? They push the Crown Store all the time while there's nothing to purchase in it.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • FaceDancer
    FaceDancer
    ✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

I can agree with the discounts exclusive to eso + members but why don't let all others some old items even if those items are only for sale for eso + and all the others must pay the total amount.

Ps I don't really like the idea that all the sales goes for + but I can understand it as a business decision
  • KitLightning
    KitLightning
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice if the Black Senche-Panther (last seen in store 2015) and other discontinued items was put on sale ... eventually ...
    Black-Senche-Panther-Side.jpg
    "I'd rather be insane in a sane world, than sane in an insane world!" ~Me
    Warning - This is a spoiler and looking at it for too long may cause irrecoverable eyesight issues.
    ◔̯◔

MechWarrior: Living Legends – Total conversion modification for Crysis Wars.

kitlightning.deviantart
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Was hoping for crown pack sales, did buy the bundle though.

Will we ever be able to buy the cosmetics which were only available to those who watched streams? ... to me this would seem like a perfect sale for today.
    Edited by Sarannah on November 27, 2020 2:13PM
  • Taco_Tuesday
    Taco_Tuesday
    ✭✭
    I am an ESO plus member, if given the option to do so I would return it for a refund. The game crashes WAY TOO MUCH! I’m not buying ANYTHING, I own an Xbox and PS4 with ESO on both but just to put it out there, I don’t care for the way Microsoft does business, everyone pays the same price for the game, Microsoft wants to punish PS4/PS5 users
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am an ESO plus member, if given the option to do so I would return it for a refund. The game crashes WAY TOO MUCH! I’m not buying ANYTHING, I own an Xbox and PS4 with ESO on both but just to put it out there, I don’t care for the way Microsoft does business, everyone pays the same price for the game, Microsoft wants to punish PS4/PS5 users

Fun fact: Microsoft doesn't own Zenimax Media. That deal won't be completed until next year. At that time, you may use them as your favorite scapegoat!