The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

A plea from BGer

precambria
precambria
✭✭✭✭✭
Please can you re-implement deathmatch specific queues, BG is the only thing I really do in ESO and the combination of the game modes (especially with deathmatch being so rare I am happy if I get 5 in a whole day) has caused MAJOR issues that may have been not put into consideration when the specific queue was removed, namely not just the severe flaws with some of the objective modes but the fact there is zero consensus with what to even do in matches now. Mostly people just want to fight and do deathmatches but than being in a game where half of one team is playing the relic mode the other team is roving around 4 man premade killing everything and the other group is just sitting in base, it is a player behavior driven problem but it is caused entirely by design if you are forcing people to play modes they are not interested in.

There are a lot of people like me who for various reasons like lag or pace do NOT like cyrodil, IC is dead, and duels are a waste of time. Please don't take away the last bastion of playable PvP in your game by enforcing random queues on people who want to do BG, it is making it very toxic and not fun. Please, it's the only thing that keeps me wanting to make builds and try new things, when I get in 10 relic and landgrab games in a row my heart literally sinks. Thank you for letting us play with friends again but, why did it have to come at the cost of deathmatches which is what 90% of people who queue as a group are looking for, it's not to late do the right thing < 3 Gina or somebody we need your help
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Battlegrounds players were very vocal on having the choice between group queue and solo queue, @precambria.

Unfortunately, those same players sacrificed the option for game mode option ... even after six (6) weeks of PTS feedback.

I doubt ZOS would all of a sudden reverse what players wanted.

You can't add game mode option now ... without further fragmenting the queue.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on November 24, 2020 6:43PM
  • cheesefome
    cheesefome
    ✭✭✭
    Give us desthmatch back.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weight matchmaking to yield deathmatch 50% of the time, and objective modes the other 50% of the time.

No additional fragmentation, all modes still occur, but the most preferred mode (DM) occurs most frequently.

Easy.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • PeterUnlustig
    PeterUnlustig
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can't add game mode option now ... without further fragmenting the queue.

You wouldnt fragment the que if people can choose a gamemode they like to play but can also end up bgs of other gamemodes if yours isnt available
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would not fragment the queue because the amount of people who do BG to play deathmatch is the majority especially among regulars, it makes no sense to have a group queue but essentially removing the mode that groups actually queue for, groups are almost always matched with eachother, the solo queue should have never existed. There has been consistent feedback as to why have only random queue will cause problems, all of which are now occurring, the idea that we had a choice between specific game types and having the ability to queue with other players is patently false, we never had a choice with these changes and it took WAY longer to allow group queueing again than it should have.

Now we are in a position where a huge mistake has been made, the current situation is negatively affecting games for ALL players which is worse than having possibly slightly longers queues times for the players who are willing to wait to play the mode they are interested in. My fear is not that they will never return specific queue option, any examination of how much the player experience has diminished from this change will make it obvious, no my fear is it will take 8 months and countless threads to reverse a change which should not have been implemented we should not have to battle the developers to try to save basic functions required for having fun in their game.

The real mistake was the introduction of the solo queue and it is taking far to long to walk it back, I realize PvP is clearly not a focus for this company but please stop with these ill informed changes, it almost feels like they don't want us to play, imagine you could only do random dungeons....... or only do dungeons solo..... , imagine when you entered a delve you had a 1 in ten chance of getting the one you needed to complete a quest or that the group finder put you in groups who have completely different goals in terms of finishing the content. Whatever the justification is for why it is like this now, it doesn't hold water, how do I know this? because before this whole adventure of casual catering by banishing group play from an MMO, bgs were fine , actually they were awesome compared to now.. it's not even close this is the general consensus among High MMR BG regulars who are the core of the Bg community, of all the things we should have to overcome in regards to this game and it's issues the removal of basic game functions should not be one of them.
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be willing to accept a 100% increase in the frequency of deathmatches but nothing less. As it stands it makes up less than 10% on average of the games I roll in a day, although lately I just log out . The reintroduction of group queuing has brought back many of the players who quit do to that change, I'm sure they have metrics for all of this and that is why they reversed the solo only change (it tanked the population). They won't be able to hold on to these returning players if many of the high playtime Bgers are already burning out on this random queue nonsense which has only been several weeks, we can all wait half a year or more for their data to reflect this or we can try to keep our hopes up by at least keeping them informed as to what players are experiencing or saying.
  • FangOfTheTwoMoons
    FangOfTheTwoMoons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The most optimal change would have been a gamemode vote before every game started.

But that's probably way to complicated for the dev team to pull off.
  • valkyrie93
    valkyrie93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a solution. Keeping group queue is important. So keep that, and remove all other bg modes lmao

Bg deathmatch only, like if u agree
    PC EU