The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Regarding nightblade shade (shadow image)

Cirantille
Cirantille
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Any tips or tricks how to use this skill effectively?

More importantly how do you estimate its range (28m) aka not being out of radius? (any sign, add on etc)

Or does this come upon you as an instict in time?

I feel like learning how to use this skill improves NB play by a lot :D

Cheers
  • Kikazaru
    Kikazaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Practice! Experiment! Just play around with it!

I primarily use the image as a break out of jail card against my opponents.

Example: Place image at the edge of the wall. Drop down. Watch them follow you. And then teleport back to your image and cloak! Instant juke!

Example 2: Plae image near a rock. Run to the other side and have them follow you. Teleport back to your image and cloak!

Example 3: Enemy pops Eye of the Storm or Permafrost. Teleport to your shade and cloak!

Image also has Minor Maim which is useful in a 1 v 1 fight.

Icon turns red if you within 28m of your image.

Icon turns purple if you are beyond 28m.

Again practice! You'll naturally start to get the hang of using your shadow image!

Mizaru

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are add-ons you can use however i don't know them off the top of my head, or use them.
    You do get used to it with time and can guesstimate when you are in range or not.
    Not sure if it's base game or Action Duration Reminder but mine is a different colour (glows yellow) when port is available.

One thing that's handy to remember especially when fighting in towers is that it is much quicker to be followed downwards rather than up. For example if you place shade on bottom floor and run up and port back down, enemy can jump down much quicker than doing the opposite and having to run up staircases.
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePedge wrote: »
    There are add-ons you can use however i don't know them off the top of my head, or use them.
    You do get used to it with time and can guesstimate when you are in range or not.
    Not sure if it's base game or Action Duration Reminder but mine is a different colour (glows yellow) when port is available.

One thing that's handy to remember especially when fighting in towers is that it is much quicker to be followed downwards rather than up. For example if you place shade on bottom floor and run up and port back down, enemy can jump down much quicker than doing the opposite and having to run up staircases.

The color change on Image is part of the Base Game as far as i know.

You can also use porting downwards to your advantage though (if your enemies are likely to make a mistake), by porting down to your image from on top of a tower and then getting a few kills on enemies who jump down after you and get the fall damage you didnt get by using Shade.
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Perfect, thats what I needed to know, I can track its colour until I get used to it :)
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cirantille wrote: »
    Any tips or tricks how to use this skill effectively?

More importantly how do you estimate its range (28m) aka not being out of radius? (any sign, add on etc)

Or does this come upon you as an instict in time?

I feel like learning how to use this skill improves NB play by a lot :D

Cheers

You just gotta get a feel for it. Place it around corners and los spots.