The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Game froze, and I lost my fire lancer

Deedleqwerty
Deedleqwerty
✭✭✭✭✭
Made me sad.
~Deedleqwerty [PS4] / NA / EU
CP 1980 NA / CP 1400 EU
Aldmeri Dominion - Wardevils
See you in Cyrodiil
  • Puzzlenuts
    Puzzlenuts
    ✭✭✭
    I feel for you. The exact same thing happened to me a few weeks ago.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I take it back now I crash and freeze too
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can file a ticket and request it back. I did that with a couple of cold fire ballistae I lost that way.

If it’s their mistake (e.g. the game crashing), they really ought to make it right.
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't ever set up valuable siege on any wall or parapet that can upgrade or downgrade either. You will lose the siege when it changes. This has been the case for years now despite people bringing up the issue repeatedly. I guess on the scale of issues these days, this one does rank near the bottom of importance to fix.
  • Ellimist_Entreri
    Ellimist_Entreri
    ✭✭✭
    Don't ever set up valuable siege on any wall or parapet that can upgrade or downgrade either. You will lose the siege when it changes. This has been the case for years now despite people bringing up the issue repeatedly. I guess on the scale of issues these days, this one does rank near the bottom of importance to fix.

That sounds like when the mesh for the object is swapped the items placed on it are not being properly removed and replaced on the new object mesh - they are just being removed. This would make sense in the case of a wall being damaged where the location the object is supposed to be is no longer viable, however for repairs & instances where the location is still viable after damage there should be additional checks in place to ensure the correct adjustments are made.
    Edited by Ellimist_Entreri on November 23, 2020 8:08PM
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    happened to me but oh well.
  • Indigogo
    Indigogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep same, lost one. Another I almost lost but my friend hopped on it till I logged back in.
    I just won't use them now till the game gets more stable again.
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's weird, fire lost with freeze... :P
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Welcome to the club I’ve now lost 2 fire lancers and a frost one due to this crap. Guess the next one I lose is my shock one just to complete the set of losses.
  • pleximus
    pleximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've lost many lancers because of crashes or inability to put the damn things away because of some stupid bug. And sending in support tickets is of no use. I love it when ZOS support p***es on their customers.