The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Mr.ESO - Dynamic graphic

Mrtoobyy
Mrtoobyy
✭✭✭✭
Hey guys.
I took some awesome screenshots while exploring Western Skyrim and updated my Reshade setting page with them.
Try the setting out, it really makes the graphics pop IMO.

I hope playing with this preset will give you the same experience it has given me.
https://www.nexusmods.com/elderscrollsonline/mods/147?tab=images

Cheers.
  • Husan
    Husan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this. Now I just need to buy a computer that will be able to run it properly. Still using the same laptop I had in 2014 when the game first came out. Was struggling then and about to die on me any moment now :D
  • Mrtoobyy
    Mrtoobyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Husan wrote: »
    I like this. Now I just need to buy a computer that will be able to run it properly. Still using the same laptop I had in 2014 when the game first came out. Was struggling then and about to die on me any moment now :D

Thanks alot! Haha I know exactly what you're talking about. I started out with a laptop aswell but in 2016 I couldn't resist it anymore and upgraded my desktop.
  • nwilliams2107b16_ESO
    nwilliams2107b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice indeed, will have to give this a try.
  • Mrtoobyy
    Mrtoobyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice indeed, will have to give this a try.

Awesome. Let me know what your think of it
  • Muttsmutt
    Muttsmutt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    doesn't that blurring effect hurt your eyes?
    it does mine.
    PC-EU // UNDEAD
  • Mrtoobyy
    Mrtoobyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Muttsmutt wrote: »
    it does mine.
    I can see why you'd think that. I guess you mean the bloom effect? To disable the bloom effects disable "Magic bloom" and "Ambient light" in Reshade.
    Also are your by any chance Swedish?
    Edited by Mrtoobyy on November 23, 2020 11:56AM
  • Ruder
    Ruder
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a blurry mess,
    I would take sharp textures any day of the week.
  • Liukke
    Liukke
    ✭✭✭
    It feels a lot more washed out to me :/
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mrtoobyy wrote: »
    it does mine.
    I can see why you'd think that. I guess you mean the bloom effect? To disable the bloom effects disable "Magic bloom" and "Ambient light" in Reshade.
    I'll try that for the first time ever but regarding this (possible) bloom issue, do you mean manually in the INI file, removing MagicBloom.fx, from the beginning and AmbientLight.fx, further the first line or there's an in-game configurator for it?
    Edited by magnusthorek on November 23, 2020 1:56PM
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • Muttsmutt
    Muttsmutt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it does mine.

i know, i know. i use reshade too.

no, i'm not swedish. :)
    PC-EU // UNDEAD
  • Mrtoobyy
    Mrtoobyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    it does mine.
    I'll try that for the first time ever but regarding this (possible) bloom issue, do you mean manually in the INI file, removing MagicBloom.fx, from the beginning and AmbientLight.fx, further the first line or there's an in-game configurator for it?

What I mean is the Reshade menu in game wich you open by pressing shift+f2. You Will then see boxes that are checked left of the effect names. Just left click in the boxes to uncheck them thus disabling the effects

it does mine.

i know, i know. i use reshade too.

no, i'm not swedish. :)
    Oh ok haha. Your name is very funny slang in Swedish that's why I asked
    Edited by Mrtoobyy on November 23, 2020 5:34PM
  • Mrtoobyy
    Mrtoobyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone [snip]
    I have made a new setting wich I REALLY think you should try if you want to make the textures better in ESO.

Here you can see screenshots comparisons but I recommend to try it in game since uploaded pics on Nexus don't turn out 100% it seems.
    The last four pics named "Texture+" with comparisons is the new setting.

https://www.nexusmods.com/elderscrollsonline/mods/147?tab=images

[edited for thread bumping]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on April 2, 2022 12:25PM
  • Mrtoobyy
    Mrtoobyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    So for those who likes and use my settings I have updated the one I call "Texture plus". The four new screenshots is with the updated setting as the description says in the pictures.

https://www.nexusmods.com/elderscrollsonline/mods/147?tab=images&BH=1

I think it looks so good! Definitely makes the game more enjoyable to play imo.
    If you decide to try it out let me know what you think =)
    Edited by Mrtoobyy on April 2, 2022 11:41AM
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have no hope of ever being able to use this mod, unfortunately. I play from Melbourne, Australia, with a typical fps of 80 at most and average ping around 400.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even it looks nice and more vibrant, I prefer the original shading of the game. My reason for it is, that it is pretty difficult to find a reshade, which works in every environment and ecosystem. While vibrant colors are pretty nice in a tropical or subtropical setting, it is somewhat weird in a northern environment like Skyrim. When I compare with picture from scandinavia for example, I think that ZOS's shading reflects more the look and feel of this environment. The original shading works as well better in different weather imo - yours looks really nice, no doubt about that, but I think ZOS's is more realistic.
    Edited by Lysette on April 2, 2022 12:57PM
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so it gives a sunset vibe to everything, aka orangy yellow color
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • Mrtoobyy
    Mrtoobyy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    Even it looks nice and more vibrant, I prefer the original shading of the game. My reason for it is, that it is pretty difficult to find a reshade, which works in every environment and ecosystem. While vibrant colors are pretty nice in a tropical or subtropical setting, it is somewhat weird in a northern environment like Skyrim. When I compare with picture from scandinavia for example, I think that ZOS's shading reflects more the look and feel of this environment. The original shading works as well better in different weather imo - yours looks really nice, no doubt about that, but I think ZOS's is more realistic.

Yeah I noticed that exact same thing when I started playing around with Reshade. The contrast is really easy to overdo so effects in snow just get all "whited" out if that is a word. The same goes with the in game menus, some effects just ruin the world map making it bloom too much. Maybe I am biased with the less vibrant stuff since I am scandinavian (Swedish) and it feels more rugged and at home. Somehow I always seem to pick and play the "northern" regions and races in fantasy games.
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    I have no hope of ever being able to use this mod, unfortunately. I play from Melbourne, Australia, with a typical fps of 80 at most and average ping around 400.

Try it out atleast and see how it effects stuff, you could lower some in game graphics to make up for the fps loss Reshade makes.

Thank you guys for atleast checking it out =) If you don't like the "yellow" filter just turn off the effect Tonemap in Reshade. I love the old medieval feel it gives the game but turning it off it leaves it close to vanilla.
    Edited by Mrtoobyy on April 3, 2022 8:53AM