The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Frost Damage Vampire PVE - Community Help pls?

Lab3360
Lab3360
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey guy and gals

I have a 2 part question here.
(Dislcaimer: This a total experimental bulid concept. So please constructive feedback and replys that move this concept forward into a successful and workable build pls. Thanks Everyone
👊😄)

1st Question: Are there any lore vampires whom do frost damage?

2nd Question: whay sets could be used with a warden to do damge with Ice while pushing Ice aesthetic?

I would really like to make a magicka Ice Vampire using the heal to help with damage.

I could really use your help on this one.
Thanks everyone! 🙏😊
Edited by Lab3360 on November 21, 2020 12:52AM
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The vampires with the strongest ties to ice are the Volkihar vampires of Skyrim. Yes, the ones from the Dawnguard DLC.
    Although it's not shown in the game, the books on vampire clans mention that the Volkihar's special ability is to be able to move through ice without breaking it, which they use to attack people trying to cross frozen lakes from below, although I'm certain they can make great use of Skyrim's glaciers in a similar fashion. This is as close to frost damage as you will get with lore descriptions.

As for ice damage sets, these are all available options:
    • Ice Heart (Direfrost Keep Monster set),
    • Elemental Succession (Maelstrom Arena),
    • Icy Conjuror (Frostvault),
    • Winterborn (Maelstrom Arena),
    • Ysgramor's Birthright (the Rift).
    • All sets that increase spell damage and spell crit. Recommending False God's Devotion.

Out of those sets Icy Conjuror and Elemental Succession are probably the best but both are not easy to get. Winterborn sounds better than it actually is (tiny radius) and Ysgramor's Birthright is just a weaker version of Elemental Succession. Ice Heart is outside the competition for being a monster set and the only frost related option.
    Regular stat boosting is probably your best bet to deal good damage since all spell damage and critical will increase your frost damage at the end of the day. I am highlighting False God's Devotion because as a vampire you will run into some sustain trouble.

Honorable Mention: Ice Furnace (Direfrost Keep) is actually a decent proc for a frost warden in PvP despite its low tooltip due to it firing whenever you deal ice damage on a 1s cooldown in an area, which you can increase through the use of a Lightning staff and Malacath's band of brutality, however it deals fire damage on an ice build, so it kind of goes against the theme. It is also heavy armor which might not be what you are looking for.

There are some ice-themed support options too, like Frozen Watcher and Winter's Respite.

This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Lab3360
    Lab3360
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    The vampires with the strongest ties to ice are the Volkihar vampires of Skyrim. Yes, the ones from the Dawnguard DLC.
    Although it's not shown in the game, the books on vampire clans mention that the Volkihar's special ability is to be able to move through ice without breaking it, which they use to attack people trying to cross frozen lakes from below, although I'm certain they can make great use of Skyrim's glaciers in a similar fashion. This is as close to frost damage as you will get with lore descriptions.

As for ice damage sets, these are all available options:
    • Ice Heart (Direfrost Keep Monster set),
    • Elemental Succession (Maelstrom Arena),
    • Icy Conjuror (Frostvault),
    • Winterborn (Maelstrom Arena),
    • Ysgramor's Birthright (the Rift).
    • All sets that increase spell damage and spell crit. Recommending False God's Devotion.

Out of those sets Icy Conjuror and Elemental Succession are probably the best but both are not easy to get. Winterborn sounds better than it actually is (tiny radius) and Ysgramor's Birthright is just a weaker version of Elemental Succession. Ice Heart is outside the competition for being a monster set and the only frost related option.
    Regular stat boosting is probably your best bet to deal good damage since all spell damage and critical will increase your frost damage at the end of the day. I am highlighting False God's Devotion because as a vampire you will run into some sustain trouble.

Honorable Mention: Ice Furnace (Direfrost Keep) is actually a decent proc for a frost warden in PvP despite its low tooltip due to it firing whenever you deal ice damage on a 1s cooldown in an area, which you can increase through the use of a Lightning staff and Malacath's band of brutality, however it deals fire damage on an ice build, so it kind of goes against the theme. It is also heavy armor which might not be what you are looking for.

There are some ice-themed support options too, like Frozen Watcher and Winter's Respite.

Thank you bid for the input. In jist now getting into the lore side of the game. I have pushed numbers and builds. Now I want to do both.

I will definitly check into The Volkihar.
    This should make for interesting fx and builds.

Thank you so much.
    Edited by Lab3360 on November 21, 2020 7:46AM
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its more than the Volkihars as the Haarvenu bloodline has both an elemental ice power as a well as an elemental fire power. While they don't get resistance to ice like the Volkihars the fact they can wield it innately is pretty cool.
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Haarvenu
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK