The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What's with the WWs in Hews Bane?

Faiza
Faiza
✭✭✭✭✭
Everyone one in awhile while pickpocketing in Abah's Landing, a random citizen will turn into a werewolf and attack me. As far as I can recall...theres no mention of werewolves in the Hews Bane quests. What's up with that?

Best Answer

• Richard_Arisen
    Richard_Arisen
    ✭✭✭
    Are you sure it's fully random citizens, or is it the same citizens who may just randomly transform if provoked?

Because if it's the same NPCs who tend to transform after they're provoked, that could just mean that they're secretly werewolves. There are various hostile NPCs who start off in their human forms but quickly transform into werewolves once they're activated.

As far as I'm aware, there's kind of always been the odd vampire or werewolf NPC walking around with the rest of the citizenry in certain areas. I can't think of any specifics off the top of my head, but I can recall several points during my playthroughs where I've stopped and done a double-take at a friendly NPC because I noticed "Oh, hey, that's a vampire." So it could just be something like that.
    Answer ✓
  • Malkorga
    Malkorga
    ✭✭✭
    The random world events, such as bandits or wondering merchants, were added to when the Solitude chapter dropped.

You can now be accosted my werewolves or vampirez in any zone
  • Faiza
    Faiza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malkorga wrote: »
    The random world events, such as bandits or wondering merchants, were added to when the Solitude chapter dropped.

Hmm, I recall this happening before Greymoor though. Specifically up on the rooftops where the beggars are
  • Faiza
    Faiza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you sure it's fully random citizens, or is it the same citizens who may just randomly transform if provoked?

Because if it's the same NPCs who tend to transform after they're provoked, that could just mean that they're secretly werewolves. There are various hostile NPCs who start off in their human forms but quickly transform into werewolves once they're activated.

As far as I'm aware, there's kind of always been the odd vampire or werewolf NPC walking around with the rest of the citizenry in certain areas. I can't think of any specifics off the top of my head, but I can recall several points during my playthroughs where I've stopped and done a double-take at a friendly NPC because I noticed "Oh, hey, that's a vampire." So it could just be something like that.

So I've gone back and I think you're right, it's the same handful of beggars on the rooftops in Abah's Landing that all seem to have a chance of turning into a WW.

It just seems strange that they're here specifically, and together more or less
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's always been NPCs in Hew's Bane that reveal their werewolf or vampire form when they become hostile to the player.
    Halcyon Black
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faiza wrote: »
    Malkorga wrote: »

Hmm, I recall this happening before Greymoor though. Specifically up on the rooftops where the beggars are

They spawn on chest spawn location
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a civilian werewolf up in Hew's Bane roofs. There are a lot of NPCs across all the zones who show their lycanthropy/vampirism if they catch you in their pockets. There's this one vampire lady in Solitude who is actually insanely strong—almost killed a friend and I in our vet trial gear because we weren't expecting it at all lol

10/10 best part of pickpocketing tbh
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a civilian werewolf up in Hew's Bane roofs. There are a lot of NPCs across all the zones who show their lycanthropy/vampirism if they catch you in their pockets. There's this one vampire lady in Solitude who is actually insanely strong—almost killed a friend and I in our vet trial gear because we weren't expecting it at all lol

10/10 best part of pickpocketing tbh

which lady? i need to see this for research purposes.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now this bring back memories of playing TES 4 Oblivion.
    I was doing the fighter guild quest in Anvil guarding a shop and some bandits attacked.
    As I was pretty low level the bandit was hard and I escaped outdoor to have more room to fight them and get some help.

Suddenly I saw an mythic dawn member in their outfit, quite a shock.
    However she was friendly and had an standard npc greeting.
    That happened was that the mythic dawn member was not hostile until the quest there you fought them at their base.
    So she helped me against the hostile bandits. She used the mythic dawn gear summon as it was her strongest weapon :)
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is actually a really immersive way of doing things. Good on whoever's idea that was!
    No one is saying there aren't multiple interpretations of the lore, and we're not arguing that ESO did it "wrong".

We're arguing that they decided to go for the most boring, mundane, seen-before interpretation possible. Like they almost always do, unless they can ride on the coat-tails of past games.