The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

General thoughts on skills in combat

Expert
Expert
✭✭✭✭
Surprise attack - Thought this was odd that it came with a passive stun with no cast time similar to how Dizzy swing works except it had a cast time and immunity to off balance stun for a period of time.

The skill is overloaded as heck lmao, obnoxious to see nightblades unintentionally stun you with surprise attack. They nerfed Crystal Frag stun because it wasn't acceptable to have stun and damage in one skill. But when you take that + 20% from incap you're scoring 9k surprise attacks and it gives off balance for another 10% + stun.

Compare this to Dizzy Swing, its pre nuts.

Perhaps Nightblades need a reason to use other CC's like fear or incap stun, cuz idk whats the point of running any other CC when nightblades passively get it from their own spammable.

Same thing for magsorc runecage, what's the point of runecage if streak is AOE and instant force stun and does more damage? lol

Or meteor when it takes 2 seconds before it comes crashing down for 5k damage thanks to major evasion. I can't even name a time for several patches where meteor was the reason i died :^)

Artic Blast is overloaded with thicc heals thanks to max hp builds.

Proc sets r a pre big yikes, I feel bad for any1 who can't afford graymoor mythic rings such as malacath so now they have to suffer in this p2w content.

Something I wonder, why did they nerf CP crit chance from 12% to 9% and then to 3%? Are you trying to push us all to buying and using Malacath ring in the Graymoor content? Jeaz , forcing us to not play high risk high reward and just go with a malacath proc n dot build? :(

One last thing, I'd use meteor if it was good, and overload being a 3rd bar slot would fix the secret for stamsorcs. Not boundless armanents nor crystal weapon. heh

This is hopefully my last few cents b4 i take a good break but gl, i love this game for awhile but sometimes the game doesn't love me back D: abooz

I hope to cross paths n play the *** out of this game, but it's disgusting to be fighting builds and malacath and dots and procs and not actually players and their mechanical knowledge. I guess this was the "APM" gap post u guys made awhile back? meh

Im not old enough to settle for proc sets with a smile and toss u money in crown crates, but I am young enough to say dis. bring back balanced PvP otherwise you'll have bigger competition against other games down the road. :/ You may won the hearts and mind of the old ones, but my god lmao.

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep the target in front of you and they cannot stun you with Surprise Attack. It is positional and there is no reason to get stunned by them unless it is the initial attack out of sneak.

Dizzying Swing merely requires casting the ability twice.

Hope this helps Sorry, did not read further.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The stun on Surprise attack should not be their simple as that. No instant spammable should have a stun attached to it.

Really it a blessing and a curse for the NB. Makes it hard to use cc as advantage planned and not sometimes giving immunity at the wrong time.

Be safe and have fun :)